Looking for answers.

Beachboy

Irritated Indy Voter
Apr 8, 2013
Pacific Palisades, CA & Albuquerque, NM
Having been both a Republican and a Democrat, I find myself now an independent. I don't buy the party line of either party, and find myself thinking more for myself. Don't get me wrong, I respect the sincerity and commitment of political partisans. It just looks to me that no matter what we do, we continue to decline as a nation. I don't know if I am more angry, or hurt about our state of affairs.

Having been both a Republican and a Democrat, I find myself now an independent. I don't buy the party line of either party, and find myself thinking more for myself. Don't get me wrong, I respect the sincerity and commitment of political partisans. It just looks to me that no matter what we do, we continue to decline as a nation. I don't know if I am more angry, or hurt about our state of affairs.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU[/ame]

More and more are thinking like you!

Welcome and share!

I read your statements several times, I get the impression that you may have unrealistic expectations of parties, society and the US in general. Sometimes things get worse before they get better. I rather work with what I have than wish for things I do not. Yesterday did not look so good to the generation that immediately preceded it, however we as a nation and society strive for better. Perhaps one day we will realize it.

Welcome.

Welcome!

I would disagree on one thing -- political partisans are usually not sincere, in my view. These people utilize spin, hyperbole, denial, diversion and distortion -- seemingly as a matter of second nature -- on a regular basis. That's not sincerity, that's intellectual dishonesty. And there is absolutely no way to tell what they're really thinking.

All an Independent can do is call them on it. Good to have you on board!

I read your statements several times, I get the impression that you may have unrealistic expectations of parties, society and the US in general. Sometimes things get worse before they get better. I rather work with what I have than wish for things I do not. Yesterday did not look so good to the generation that immediately preceded it, however we as a nation and society strive for better. Perhaps one day we will realize it.

Welcome.

It is my belief that the less partisan I become, the more open I am to accepting the opinions of others. We have a President whose party controlled both houses of Congress during the Wall Street Bail Out. Taxpayers got shafted and so did Main Street, yet there were no hearings, and no one went to jail. The other party put up a candidate who attacked low income taxpayers as freeloaders.

Neither Obama nor Romney could get my vote today. As others have pointed out in this thread, my opinions are shared by others.

Last edited:

Welcome.

It is my belief that the less partisan I become, the more open I am to accepting the opinions of others. We have a President whose party controlled both houses of Congress during the Wall Street Bail Out. Taxpayers got shafted and so did Main Street, yet there were no hearings, and no one went to jail. The other party put up a candidate who attacked low income taxpayers as freeloaders.

Neither Obama nor Romney could get my vote today. As others have pointed out in this thread, my opinions are shared by others.

Vote Alfred E Newman for President!

MAD-Magazine-Alfred-E-Neuman-Norman-Mingo.jpg

"Real transparency in government"

Forum List

Back