Looking for advice

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Okay, here's the story.

I apologize if I've put this in the wrong, forum. I really don't know if this is the right one or the computer forum.

I used to play guitar in my 20s. I wasn't too bad, but I wasn't any Hendrix, and about the time my dad died, I quit playing. I never knew quite why. I just did.

I have been wanting to get rock band 3, but I can't see just pretending I'm playing the guitar when I used to be able to play just fine. That just feels so wrong.

Then this came along:

804194b.jpg
The Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller is the perfect bridge between music gameplay and the thrill of playing a real guitar. Delivering a new experience to music gaming, the 17-fret touch-sensitive neck with six buttons per fret provides a total of 102 active finger positions and six low-latency strings for actual note strumming. Custom crafted for the new game, distinct features include a muting sensor to halt notes with the palm of your hand and a highly advanced tilt sensor for Overdrive activation. The Rock Band 3 Wireless Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller is fully compatible with both standard and Pro modes. Empowering you to rock outside the realm of videogames, the MIDI output connector provides compatibility with MIDI software sequencers and hardware devices, while standard console-specific gaming controller buttons deliver seamless console integration. With an official Fender Mustang body, custom Guitar Strap, right- or left-handed gameplay, plus Overdrive Stomp Box support.

Gamestop.com - Buy Wii Rock Band 3 Pro Wireless Guitar - Nintendo Wii

Now, the whole thing just makes me wanna drool. :rock:

It LOOKS like you actually play the thing, chords and all, not just press stupid little buttons and pretend you're strumming. I mean DUDE!

But it's also $150. I know! That's CHEAP for a real guitar but damn expensive for a Rockband 3 piece of plastic guitar.

So, I'm looking for "young people" advice. People who know music and also play Rockband. Does it look worth the money, or am I getting sucked into a cheap piece of overpriced plastic from China?

I don't know enough about this subject and I'm afraid to take the plunge and buy such an expensive piece of equipment, without knowing what I'm doing. Help!

Why not just spend a few more bucks and get real guitar and amp.

These days, you can buy a Korean or Chinese made Fender (under the brand name Squier) and amp for about $250.

Back in my day, a cheap guitar was a cheap guitar; barely playable and sounded like crap.

The cheapos they make these days are actually playable and sound decent.

Go to one of the on-line retailers like Musicians Friend and check out what they got. You might be surprised.

Why not just spend a few more bucks and get real guitar and amp.

These days, you can buy a Korean or Chinese made Fender (under the brand name Squier) and amp for about $250.

Back in my day, a cheap guitar was a cheap guitar; barely playable and sounded like crap.

The cheapos they make these days are actually playable and sound decent.

Go to one of the on-line retailers like Musicians Friend and check out what they got. You might be surprised.

I have a Fender Hartfield and put DiMarzios on it a few years back. I think the whole thing was a few hundred. Fender stopped making it and I'm not sure why. It has the Floyd Rose system and sounded OK

Rock band or Guitar hero when blazed is well... kind of amazing experience.

But anyways, I say go for it, it's a good game and looks like the set list is actually pretty damn good this year.

Okay, here's the story.

I apologize if I've put this in the wrong, forum. I really don't know if this is the right one or the computer forum.

I used to play guitar in my 20s. I wasn't too bad, but I wasn't any Hendrix, and about the time my dad died, I quit playing. I never knew quite why. I just did.

I have been wanting to get rock band 3, but I can't see just pretending I'm playing the guitar when I used to be able to play just fine. That just feels so wrong.

Then this came along:

804194b.jpg
The Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller is the perfect bridge between music gameplay and the thrill of playing a real guitar. Delivering a new experience to music gaming, the 17-fret touch-sensitive neck with six buttons per fret provides a total of 102 active finger positions and six low-latency strings for actual note strumming. Custom crafted for the new game, distinct features include a muting sensor to halt notes with the palm of your hand and a highly advanced tilt sensor for Overdrive activation. The Rock Band 3 Wireless Mustang PRO-Guitar Controller is fully compatible with both standard and Pro modes. Empowering you to rock outside the realm of videogames, the MIDI output connector provides compatibility with MIDI software sequencers and hardware devices, while standard console-specific gaming controller buttons deliver seamless console integration. With an official Fender Mustang body, custom Guitar Strap, right- or left-handed gameplay, plus Overdrive Stomp Box support.

It LOOKS like you actually play the thing, chords and all, not just press stupid little buttons and pretend you're strumming. I mean DUDE!

But it's also $150. I know! That's CHEAP for a real guitar but damn expensive for a Rockband 3 piece of plastic guitar.

So, I'm looking for "young people" advice. People who know music and also play Rockband. Does it look worth the money, or am I getting sucked into a cheap piece of overpriced plastic from China?

I don't know enough about this subject and I'm afraid to take the plunge and buy such an expensive piece of equipment, without knowing what I'm doing. Help!

install ubuntu

Okay, here's the story.

Then this came along:

804194b.jpg

install ubuntu
And defrag hard drive immediately.

Forum List

Back