Looking for a new nest

In NJ boy toys are yummy!!!!

I don't know about that...

In Ohio, boys would get toys that suit the weather. Massive stereo systems and televisions. Remember records? Vinyl? Well, as an Ohio boy, I managed to collect 1,000 of them!

In Florida, the boys would get toys that suit the weather. Bass boats, fan boats (remember "Flipper"?), guns, guns and guns.

I was a fish out of water in south Florida!

Not only were my toys wrong, but the folks I met in Florida were utterly convinced that the United Steel Workers of America were single handedly responsible for the demise of the American steel industry. Good Lord how they hated unionized labor! I suppose they felt they were getting a better break bargaining on their own for salary, benefits and safety procedures.
I could see that in Central and North Florida but I thought Miami and Ft. Lauderdale was more progressive than that, or by South Florida are you talking about Clewiston? I grew up in Central Florida but had a spell in Sebring for a while (not quite south Florida but close enough). Not quite southern but you had the old people-kind of Republicanism going over there... I guess because everyone there really was old.

Anyhow, welcome to USMB!

Last edited:
I love the fact that you are an advocate for work place safety issues and that you are head of the Building Code enforcement bureau...but that you SKY DIVE!

Welcome.
Nine cell ram air! Over 60 jumps thus far!

You would never catch me jumping out of a plane.

But I do like to insert used syringe needles into the seats of my staff and watch them jump up quickly after sitting down. So funny!!! :rofl:

And I'm saving a lot of money having all of my sewage drain directly into my basement, and then leach out into a nearby brook.
Rather than spread blood borne pathogens and live in raw sewage, try sky diving! I know for a safety guy it's kind of a yin yang thing, but it is the most fun you can have while wearing pants.

Forum List

Back