Looking for a new nest

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Hi, everybody!

I'm looking around at different political discussion boards trying to find one that fits.

I quit a rather Libertarian/Conservative board because it got too loony! I am a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal of the FDR/Humphrey school. I am a strong advocate for workplace safety issues, free speech issues and civil liberties. I believe in dissent. Inclusive, respectful dissent.

I am a denizen of the Rust Belt. I am by training an Environmental Engineer. I am currently the head of the Building Code enforcement bureau at my home county in Ohio.

On the weekends, I sky dive and play with my dog. I am a middle aged man who is not angry! I voted for Obama. I am a football fan (Go Buckeyes! Go Steelers!) and I enjoy hockey as well (Go Penguins!) I fancy myself a classic film buff and have amassed a considerable collection of DVDs. I grew up in the north where boys toys are largely indoor toys. I lived in Sarasota where boys toys are largely outdoor toys (boats, guns etc.)

I shot a gun once at Boy Scout camp. I am a divorcee.

In NJ boy toys are yummy!!!!

I don't know about that...

In Ohio, boys would get toys that suit the weather. Massive stereo systems and televisions. Remember records? Vinyl? Well, as an Ohio boy, I managed to collect 1,000 of them!

In Florida, the boys would get toys that suit the weather. Bass boats, fan boats (remember "Flipper"?), guns, guns and guns.

I was a fish out of water in south Florida!

Not only were my toys wrong, but the folks I met in Florida were utterly convinced that the United Steel Workers of America were single handedly responsible for the demise of the American steel industry. Good Lord how they hated unionized labor! I suppose they felt they were getting a better break bargaining on their own for salary, benefits and safety procedures.

This is my idea of a boy toy.

Boy-Toys-01.jpg

Hi, everybody!

I'm looking around at different political discussion boards trying to find one that fits.

I quit a rather Libertarian/Conservative board because it got too loony! I am a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal of the FDR/Humphrey school. I am a strong advocate for workplace safety issues, free speech issues and civil liberties. I believe in dissent. Inclusive, respectful dissent.

I am a denizen of the Rust Belt. I am by training an Environmental Engineer. I am currently the head of the Building Code enforcement bureau at my home county in Ohio.

On the weekends, I sky dive and play with my dog. I am a middle aged man who is not angry! I voted for Obama. I am a football fan (Go Buckeyes! Go Steelers!) and I enjoy hockey as well (Go Penguins!) I fancy myself a classic film buff and have amassed a considerable collection of DVDs. I grew up in the north where boys toys are largely indoor toys. I lived in Sarasota where boys toys are largely outdoor toys (boats, guns etc.)

You say that like you're bragging. I think I can see through to part where you're on your knees being apologetic.

Humphrey was a pussy. Next ...

Welcome to the play ground. Are you full of shit like the other liberals on this board? I see you voted for Obama. Not too bright, huh? How do you like his popularity numbers these days? Hope you have a good time here.

Hi, everybody!

I love the fact that you are an advocate for work place safety issues and that you are head of the Building Code enforcement bureau...but that you SKY DIVE!

Welcome.

Welcome to the play ground. Are you full of shit like the other liberals on this board? I see you voted for Obama. Not too bright, huh? How do you like his popularity numbers these days? Hope you have a good time here.
If I just watched the popularity polls, I would still be a Democrat! What were Bush/Cheney numbers like?:lol:

Hi, everybody!

I love the fact that you are an advocate for work place safety issues and that you are head of the Building Code enforcement bureau...but that you SKY DIVE!

Welcome.
Nine cell ram air! Over 60 jumps thus far!

Hi, everybody!

Well isn't that Fancy!...

Welcome to the Jungle...

And when you get a Chance, Start a Thread on "Inclusive, Respectful Dissent"...

That would be... Fancy!...

:)

peace...

Hi, everybody!

Welcome!

Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.--- Hubert H. Humphrey

Hi, everybody!

Welcome.
Nine cell ram air! Over 60 jumps thus far!

You would never catch me jumping out of a plane.

But I do like to insert used syringe needles into the seats of my staff and watch them jump up quickly after sitting down. So funny!!! :rofl:

And I'm saving a lot of money having all of my sewage drain directly into my basement, and then leach out into a nearby brook.

New Topics

Forum List

Back