Looking for a military information source

Calmoderate

Rookie
Jan 15, 2011
san diego
I am indirectly hearing some disturbing and bizarre stories from an officer recently deployed to Baghram airbase in Afghanistan. Although I do trust my information source and the officer relaying information to my source, the stories are just so odd and weird (pedophilia, Afghan allies who don't care squat about us), I would like to see if anyone out there could provide at least some confirmation for at least some of the information. I am looking for someone who (1) has no particular liberal or conservative political agenda to secretly or openly advance and (2) has some recent military experience, preferably at Baghram. This won't be a constant thing - just an occasional gut check when the stranger items come to my attention.

I have posted some of what I have heard on my blog, but do not want to spread misinformation. The internet and politics is already awash in an ocean of spin and deception. I don't want to add to it. If it turns out that my information is mostly wrong, I want to take down/retract my posts. If my information is mostly accurate, the American public should be aware of it. Some of these things strike me as pretty important but the press, having its own agenda, just ignores it.

Thanks.

Calmoderate @ California Moderates

I am indirectly hearing some disturbing and bizarre stories from an officer recently deployed to Baghram airbase in Afghanistan. Although I do trust my information source and the officer relaying information to my source, the stories are just so odd and weird (pedophilia, Afghan allies who don't care squat about us), I would like to see if anyone out there could provide at least some confirmation for at least some of the information. I am looking for someone who (1) has no particular liberal or conservative political agenda to secretly or openly advance and (2) has some recent military experience, preferably at Baghram. This won't be a constant thing - just an occasional gut check when the stranger items come to my attention.

I have posted some of what I have heard on my blog, but do not want to spread misinformation. The internet and politics is already awash in an ocean of spin and deception. I don't want to add to it. If it turns out that my information is mostly wrong, I want to take down/retract my posts. If my information is mostly accurate, the American public should be aware of it. Some of these things strike me as pretty important but the press, having its own agenda, just ignores it.

Thanks.

Calmoderate @ California Moderates

A. Good luck with that (Bolded) :rofl:
B. Don't forget the ones advancing their own careers or personal agendas, (that's generally the case with the vast majority).
C. You seem to have an agenda of you own which may or may not be dubious or at least questionable. (Basically means I don't trust your motives, something rings wrong in your post, I'm getting a slimy, dishonest feeling).

I am surprised at the degree of suspicion. How anyone can get slimy vibes out of my honest request for unspun information baffles the hell out of me. Politics really has sunk to some nasty dark place. Yuck.

OK, fine. Just remember, in my request for help confirming or denying facts and stories (notice I asked for confirmation OR denial - not just one side or the other). I stated that I do not want to pollute cyberspace with any more spin or deception because the internet and politics is already full of that useless trash. I tried to reveal my "agenda", but cannot post a link to my politics blog (California Moderates on blogspot dot com) because the message board rules here won't allow it yet (too few posts). My blog says it all - I am a big fan of transparency in politics. This summarizes where I am coming from politically and my agenda:

I have lost faith in the two party system and want to see the rise a new, secular third party that is not grounded in political or religious ideology of the right or the left. We have had that and it failed.

I want to see a party grounded in reality, common sense and smart, shrewd policies that protect America with efficient, intelligent government policies.

I believe the two parties didn't just fail us, they betrayed us to (1) their own self interest, (2) special interests, specifically special interest money and (3) political and religious ideology that blinds politicians and much of the public to reality and smart politics. What we have now is corrupt and inefficient. The two party system is the main contributor to that failure IMHO.

There is my agenda.

In any event, if no one here is willing to help me, that's OK. I will keep looking. I want confirmation or denial of what it is I am hearing. If it is true, Americans should know what is going on in Afghanistan. If not, them I want to take down or retract what I have already posted (another point I made in my original request for help). If that is slimy, then you and I see the world a whole lot differently. I am a freedom fighter and a patriot trying to change the failed status quo. Its that simple.

Why would you suggest that? Are you saying that in order for an honest taxpaying U.S. citizen to get honest, unspun information about how our military operates in war, we all have to go fight in that war? If that is your position, and that seems to be exactly what you are saying, then I respectfully but firmly disagree.

As a taxpayer, I have every right to know as much about military operations as security concerns permit. I really don't get you or where you are coming from.

Last edited:
I am surprised at the degree of suspicion. How anyone can get slimy vibes out of my honest request for unspun information baffles the hell out of me. Politics really has sunk to some nasty dark place. Yuck.

OK, fine. Just remember, in my request for help confirming or denying facts and stories (notice I asked for confirmation OR denial - not just one side or the other). I stated that I do not want to pollute cyberspace with any more spin or deception because the internet and politics is already full of that useless trash. I tried to reveal my "agenda", but cannot post a link to my politics blog (California Moderates on blogspot dot com) because the message board rules here won't allow it yet (too few posts). My blog says it all - I am a big fan of transparency in politics. This summarizes where I am coming from politically and my agenda:

I have lost faith in the two party system and want to see the rise a new, secular third party that is not grounded in political or religious ideology of the right or the left. We have had that and it failed.

I want to see a party grounded in reality, common sense and smart, shrewd policies that protect America with efficient, intelligent government policies.

I believe the two parties didn't just fail us, they betrayed us to (1) their own self interest, (2) special interests, specifically special interest money and (3) political and religious ideology that blinds politicians and much of the public to reality and smart politics. What we have now is corrupt and inefficient. The two party system is the main contributor to that failure IMHO.

There is my agenda.

In any event, if no one here is willing to help me, that's OK. I will keep looking. I want confirmation or denial of what it is I am hearing. If it is true, Americans should know what is going on in Afghanistan. If not, them I want to take down or retract what I have already posted (another point I made in my original request for help). If that is slimy, then you and I see the world a whole lot differently. I am a freedom fighter and a patriot trying to change the failed status quo. Its that simple.

Contact the Military's press office. You won't get an honest response but you will get an official one. Other than that, you will only have scuttlebutt.

Forum List

Back