Looking for a Counterpoint

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gem, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Ok, my take on this is very similar to the outraged source's take on it...they never did skits mocking Belushi or Farley when they were living, even though their drug use and alcoholism were well known (and occassionally joked about backstage). They have had hosts ranging from Ozzie Ozbourne and his children, to Robin Williams, all former (or present) drug users who remained unmocked in the manner in which Limbaugh was.

Is there any LOGICAL way to look at this other than the liberal SNL crew's desire to mock Limbaugh in a this tactless manner? Does anyone here honestly believe that they would show Kelly or Jack Osbourne (Ozzy's drug-addicted kids) face down in their own puke as a "cute and funny" sketch??? Does anyone here honestly believe that there wouldn't be an immediate outcry from the liberal community about the insensitivity of such a skit?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I didn't see the skit but that's because SNL hasn't been funny since about 1994.

Screw SNL! :finger:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    SNL is still on TV???????????

4. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    no shit!!

but, as everyone knows, nothing is sacred anymore. i was in spencers the other day and seen a posable Jesus figurine

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    It's no secret SNL exists not to make people laugh anymore but as an hour and a half infomercial against Bush, Christians, conservatives etc... with maybe a few innocous skits thrown in for good measure. I stopped watching because I can't stand Tina Fey's rendition of a liberal smug anchorwoman (loosely used) using what is sarcastic diatribe against mostly Bush, Rumsfeld etc...with a few benign jabs at others........

They hate Rush period because he's tremendously sucessful and influential as they are not. I think he should be flattered that they devoted a whole skit to him in the hopes of making him look bad to those that already despise him, and in the process made themselves look like Jackasses!!!!!!!!!

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I'm sorry, but I found Will Farrel's Bush impersonations really funny. Other than that the show really sucks.

please don't ding me :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Quite the opposite luv, you get points for having good taste, I like Will Farrel, and also Chris Katan when he does the whole Goth kids thing.... very funny...........

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I loved the old SNL, but I NEVER watch SNL these days. Haven't in years. I like MAD TV but even it has started getting political over the last year. Not nearly as bad as SNL though, so I can stomach it.

I just love getting stoned and watching MAD TV! :dance:

9. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Perhaps the difference between Belushi and Limbuagh is the hypocrisy level.

Limbaugh is a person who takes high moral ground against others, now revealed all the while to have been committing criminal acts and engaging in sinful, recreational drug abuse (or fighting an addiction, which is how liberals would prefer to see it). Belushi was a party animal who happily promoted partying.

It's like when they followed some traffic court judges driving home, and found them speeding. It made the front page, because of the hypocrisy of it.

The thing that makes the most angry about the Limbaugh case is that when a wealthy person like him has an addiction, he can afford all the private rehab he wants. All the while, advocates of cutting social spending are denying poorer people those same rehab benefits. We have waiting lists for rehab now even in Massachusetts.

Mariner.

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

I was going to say the same thing about Mad TV, they used to be really funny, but even they are getting too political.