Look out 2010

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
OMG This is SO awesome!! If this is an indicater of 2010, then the Democrats are in big trouble. Bart was not a weak, scandal plagued politician. He won last year in a heavily red district with 74% of the vote.

BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Bart Gordon announces he will retire at end of 2010
By BILL THEOBALD • Gannett Washington Bureau • December 14, 2009

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Bart Gordon, the dean of the Tennessee congressional delegation, announced this morning that he will retire at the end of next year.

BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Bart Gordon announces he will retire at end of 2010 | dnj.com | The Daily News Journal

I expect he doesn't want a repeat of the "warm" (read Hellish) reception he had over the summer out on the stump. :lol:

I expect he doesn't want a repeat of the "warm" (read Hellish) reception he had over the summer out on the stump. :lol:

I do think that Bart was surprised that he couldn't schmooze the audience at the town hall meetings with his normal folksy anecdotes. He tried all of his "my mama was a teacher here" and "my cousin down the street" stories and got shut down in a hurry. I think it really hit him that the voters were not willing to give him a pass for voting for a massive spending bill that he didn't read. As he pointed out, his mom was a teacher. I'm pretty sure she would have made certain that her boy could read.

Yeah, so awesome indeed that a party that spent like drunken sailors for 6 years and took away some of our civil liberties, and also helped bring this country to financial ruin may in fact take power again.

Damn Americans have short memory. :eusa_eh:

Yeah, so awesome indeed that a party that spent like drunken sailors for 6 years and took away some of our civil liberties, and also helped bring this country to financial ruin may in fact take power again.

what civil liberties? why don't you mention that obama voted for FISA and that dems have outspent republicans.....

what civil liberties? why don't you mention that obama voted for FISA and that dems have outspent republicans.....

You seemed to miss where I called out my increasing dislike of Obama for voting for FISA. I've said several times that Obama acts like a Republican. And no, Dems are spending the money on things that the Republicans should of spent it on but put aside.

However, it can not be denied that the party that is suppose to be full of "Fiscal Conservatives" spent like drunken sailors the entire time in power and took away civil liberties in the name of freedom. I point to what Mr. Ben Franklin said about that, let's see if you remember what you learned in history class.

You seemed to miss where I called out my increasing dislike of Obama for voting for FISA. I've said several times that Obama acts like a Republican. And no, Dems are spending the money on things that the Republicans should of spent it on but put aside.

However, it can not be denied that the party that is suppose to be full of "Fiscal Conservatives" spent like drunken sailors the entire time in power and took away civil liberties in the name of freedom. I point to what Mr. Ben Franklin said about that, let's see if you remember what you learned in history class.

so obama is doing nothing different....now, again, what specific civil liberties....i find it amusing you can't name any

clinton was a republican?

Here's a message for him and all the other Demorats... On your way out, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!:clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

what civil liberties? why don't you mention that obama voted for FISA and that dems have outspent republicans

Spending has risen something like 23% since 2007. Now which party has spent like drunken sailors?

Last edited:

And the party in power now is doing what better? When you realize that both parties are the same with one sole purpose (power), the back and forth fighting by "we the people" becomes really sad and does not help in the least. If we would join together, we could force these politicians to do what they were hired to do and work in our best interest, not theirs.

As it stands now, they laugh out our partisan politics because it weakens our fight with them. We often forget in our debates over which party is the worst that they both are.

I love it when the dems blame the big bad repubs and the repubs blame the silly dems..... Reality check for y'all - they are both equally responsible for the mess we are in.... Wanna blame someone, look in the damned mirror, people. We did it!!

Are you describing republicans or democrats. Hard to tell the difference.

Forum List

Back