Look at what the Stim Bill Did?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
The report said the most efficient parts of the stimulus include infrastructure projects such as road- and bridge-building and more generous unemployment benefits. On the other hand, the popular first-time homebuyer tax credit isn't a very efficient use of stimulus dollars, the report said.

In other words, government spending and growth happened. It was not responsible for any growth in the private sector in which tax cuts would have done. Its a dead cat bounce and nothing more.

The report said the most efficient parts of the stimulus include infrastructure projects such as road- and bridge-building and more generous unemployment benefits. On the other hand, the popular first-time homebuyer tax credit isn't a very efficient use of stimulus dollars, the report said.

In other words, government spending and growth happened. It was not responsible for any growth in the private sector in which tax cuts would have done. Its a dead cat bounce and nothing more.
.....And, Republicans LOVE IT (indirectly)!!!!

"I supported this project before I was elected to the Iowa Senate and made it my number one transportation priority as a Member of Congress. In working with our state’s senators and House delegation, the Four-Lane Highway 20 Association, and local communities, I have networked the effort to secure millions in federal funds to help bring this project to western Iowa."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTggqQaWYus]YouTube - Countdown Jul 23 - GOP Federal Stimulus Hypocrisy - Bobby Jindal[/ame]​

Forum List

Back