Look at Obama's Proposed Stimulus Package Yourself

Yeah those seem foolish without doubt.

Now, the above expediturew would account for $1.435 billion of the $850 Billion package..

So that $1.435 billion waste is about 0.00169% of the entire stimulus package.

I have been attempting to wade though this monumentally huge spending bill, too, but it isn't easy.

FYI, I have also created a thread offering a a snapshot of the spending in its entiretym which I hope makes that task just a little easier for those of you given to studying actual details on your own, in leiu of having talking heads setting your agendas.

Pick and choose from that which things you think might be helpful and those which you think (as I often do) are largely goofy proposals for spending which won't really help out the nation.

Now, the above expediturew would account for $1.435 billion of the $850 Billion package..

Yeah, let's just make excuses for the waste because it's "small".

That's where we're at now with spending. ~1.5 Billion dollars waste is acceptable.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Last edited:
Meanwhile, incentive programs to help cash welfare clients who go to work are being cut, welfare offices are unable to fill vacant positions due to welfare worker hiring freezes, and the plan is inching towards the trillion dollar mark. Target, Home Depot and other big employers are laying off workers by the tens of thousands, and no end in sight.

Go Obama. You're not a lefty, not at all. I have great hopes that the billions you plan on spending on things like manicuring the White House lawn (despite freezing the wages of the workers) and funding abortions overseas to get rid of those troublesome populations of poor, Muslim women (who will be killed by their communities if it is discovered they are getting abortions) will help the economy.

I have been attempting to wade though this monumentally huge spending bill, too, but it isn't easy.

FYI, I have also created a thread offering a a snapshot of the spending in its entiretym which I hope makes that task just a little easier for those of you given to studying actual details on your own, in leiu of having talking heads setting your agendas.

Pick and choose from that which things you think might be helpful and those which you think (as I often do) are largely goofy proposals for spending which won't really help out the nation.

$1.435 billion dollars when compared to $850 billion dollars is a trivial amount. $1.435 billion dollars when compared to anything else, is a shitload of money!

Waste is waste. The government rationalizes the fact that its trivial and therefore believes it is entitled to spend it.

$1.435 billion dollars when compared to $850 billion dollars is a trivial amount. $1.435 billion dollars when compared to anything else, is a shitload of money!

Waste is waste. The government rationalizes the fact that its trivial and therefore believes it is entitled to spend it.

That's the upside for the government, to all these massive spending initiatives. A couple BILLION dollars wasted is now perceived as "no big deal".

I would have thought at least Editec wouldn't have fallen for it.

Here is the stimulus package.

$335 million to help prevent STD's
$600 million to prepare PCP's for Universal Healthcare
$500 tax rebate to low-income taxpayers who do not pay income taxes

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegText/111_hr1_text.pdf

Payroll taxes ARE income taxes. I'm glad for you that you're so well off you have to pay income taxes. There are those out there that don't make enough money and they need more money from the job they're working at to make ends meet.

Further, you've pointed out $1.435 billion of $850 billion. What makes up the largest chunk of this? Tax credits for the middle class. $500 for individuals, $1000 for families. We're spending billions building infrasturcutre for states that have roads and bridges and transit systems that are either falling apart and need more money to help them, or to help maintain them without raising fairs. I don't know where you live KMAN, but here in NY, we need more money for our transit system. They're considering raising fares from $2.00 per ride to $2.50 per ride, increasing tolls on every bridge and putting tolls on the East River bridge. They're taxing and tolling everything we do, everywhere we go. We NEED help.

Payroll taxes ARE income taxes. I'm glad for you that you're so well off you have to pay income taxes. There are those out there that don't make enough money and they need more money from the job they're working at to make ends meet.

Further, you've pointed out $1.435 billion of $850 billion. What makes up the largest chunk of this? Tax credits for the middle class. $500 for individuals, $1000 for families. We're spending billions building infrasturcutre for states that have roads and bridges and transit systems that are either falling apart and need more money to help them, or to help maintain them without raising fairs. I don't know where you live KMAN, but here in NY, we need more money for our transit system. They're considering raising fares from $2.00 per ride to $2.50 per ride, increasing tolls on every bridge and putting tolls on the East River bridge. They're taxing and tolling everything we do, everywhere we go. We NEED help.

don't doubt you need help....but tell me who got you where you are.....why are they still in charge and why are you going to give the same people who got you where you are a shit load of money to fix what they fucked up in the first place.....seems you should not expect a different result....

don't doubt you need help....but tell me who got you where you are.....why are they still in charge and why are you going to give the same people who got you where you are a shit load of money to fix what they fucked up in the first place.....seems you should not expect a different result....

Who got the MTA where it is? Mayors John Lindsay and Abraham Beane were absolutely horrible. We finally started recovering during Ed Koches secon term as mayor and then we had Dinkins who was almost as bad as Beane. The city never fully recovered from the 1970s until Guilliani. Both of the terrible mayors are now dead and unfortunately, ineptitude is not a crime. I think I'd have to go back and look at Gerald Ford when he told NYC to drop dead in the mid 1970s. The words "deferred maintenance" came into the equation several times during the 1970s. So our bridges, our roads, our transit system slowly but surely started falling apart. To this date, they are STILL making repairs to the Williamsburg Bridge from all of the damage that happened in the 1970s. All of the salt that we lay down to stop ice from forming on roadways so people can get to and from work corrodes the bridge steel and materials. Every winter it gets worse and worse... in fact, just today we were under a threat of an ice storm. BOOM. More salt.

Yeah, let's just make excuses for the waste because it's "small".

That's where we're at now with spending. ~1.5 Billion dollars waste is acceptable.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Are you fucking kidding ME, or are you too stupid to realize that when I wrote:

is not making excuses for foolishness, but agreeing that it is foolish?

That's the upside for the government, to all these massive spending initiatives. A couple BILLION dollars wasted is now perceived as "no big deal".

Okay you are as dense as a post, that's my official position.

Of course waste is waste and since I acknowledged that as such I wonder if it might not be asking too much if you just conhsidered the WHOLE of my post for a moment.

Consider the TITLE of this thread, would you?

It doesn't read as: "Look at the waste in the proposal package" does it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That would be too honest.

Instead this thread describes less than 2/1000th of the bill as Obama's BILL.

Can you say cherrypicking partisan bullshit?

Never the less, I agree that this bill is SERIOUSLY flawed and those examples are (as far as I can tell having not actually READ those particular parts of the bill) a fucking waste of money.

So why did I point out that the author of this thread was characterizing 2/1000th of the bill as THE bill?

Because I object to the cherrypicking nature of the TITLE of this thread.

It is inherently and intellectually DISHONEST,

That is ALSO why I bothered to give us ALL a much more detailed outline of where EVERY FUCKING CENT was targeted, too.

So that we would have a much clearer and much more detailed description of the money being spend, where it is going and so forth

Is anyone reading it?

Of course not....

You partistans assholes will let the talking heads do your thinking for you, you will glom onto every talking point they give you because you are too fucking lazy, or too fucking stupid to think for your partisan selves.

Last edited:

David - Let me get this right... The New York State Government can't balance their budget so it is the obligation of other citizens across this country to bail you out? I just don't understand. When are we going to start holding people responsible for their actions? Maybe NY needs to re-prioritize their spending.

Here's more...

Question. Is any of this a stimulus? Or is it just spending?

$2.4 billion carbon capture products...

$4.19 billion for ACORN and other bogus "community organizing" groups...

$650 million digital tv conversion...

$79 billion to bail out the state education system...

Hundreds of millions for family planning...

$400 million global warming research...

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts...

$200 million to refurbish the National Mall...

And according to the Congressional
Budget Office, two thirds of the stimulus will not even be spent for
nearly two years!

It's no wonder Obama wants the Republicans to help him get this through... Because when it fails he can tell the public that the Republicans are to blame as well.

Last edited:

Okay you are as dense as a post, that's my official position.

Of course waste is waste and since I acknowledged that as such I wonder if it might not be asking too much if you just conhsidered the WHOLE of my post for a moment.

Consider the TITLE of this thread, would you?

It doesn't read as: "Look at the waste in the proposal package" does it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That would be too honest.

Instead this thread describes less than 2/1000th of the bill as Obama's BILL.

Can you say cherrypicking partisan bullshit?

Never the less, I agree that this bill is SERIOUSLY flawed and those examples are (as far as I can tell having not actually READ those particular parts of the bill) a fucking waste of money.

So why did I point out that the author of this thread was characterizing 2/1000th of the bill as THE bill?

Because I object to the cherrypicking nature of the TITLE of this thread.

It is inherently and intellectually DISHONEST,

That is ALSO why I bothered to give us ALL a much more detailed outline of where EVERY FUCKING CENT was targeted, too.

So that we would have a much clearer and much more detailed description of the money being spend, where it is going and so forth

Is anyone reading it?

Of course not....

You partistans assholes will let the talking heads do your thinking for you, you will glom onto every talking point they give you because you are too fucking lazy, or too fucking stupid to think for your partisan selves.

Take a pill. He merely highlighted some of the pork that is in the bill. He provided a link so we could all go see for ourselves what is in there. Obama is calling the shots now. He wants the Repubs on board so when it fails he can 'share the blame'. Instead of spending that $1.435 billion on pork why doesn't he give it back to us in the form of more tax cuts?

Last edited:
Here's another question... How many emergency "stimulus" packages will Obama tell us we need or the world is going to end, in the next 4 years?

Forum List

Back