Look at Obama's Proposed Stimulus Package Yourself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Jan 28, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,121
    Thanks for posting this K!

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yeah those seem foolish without doubt.

Now, the above expediturew would account for $1.435 billion of the $850 Billion package..

So that $1.435 billion waste is about 0.00169% of the entire stimulus package.

I have been attempting to wade though this monumentally huge spending bill, too, but it isn't easy.

FYI, I have also created a thread offering a a snapshot of the spending in its entiretym which I hope makes that task just a little easier for those of you given to studying actual details on your own, in leiu of having talking heads setting your agendas.

Pick and choose from that which things you think might be helpful and those which you think (as I often do) are largely goofy proposals for spending which won't really help out the nation.

4. cunclusion

cunclusion Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Ok this is what I want to ask people is it cheaper to fight the problem or prevent it?

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    Yeah, let's just make excuses for the waste because it's "small".

That's where we're at now with spending. ~1.5 Billion dollars waste is acceptable.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Meanwhile, incentive programs to help cash welfare clients who go to work are being cut, welfare offices are unable to fill vacant positions due to welfare worker hiring freezes, and the plan is inching towards the trillion dollar mark. Target, Home Depot and other big employers are laying off workers by the tens of thousands, and no end in sight.

Go Obama. You're not a lefty, not at all. I have great hopes that the billions you plan on spending on things like manicuring the White House lawn (despite freezing the wages of the workers) and funding abortions overseas to get rid of those troublesome populations of poor, Muslim women (who will be killed by their communities if it is discovered they are getting abortions) will help the economy.

7. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,121

$1.435 billion dollars when compared to $850 billion dollars is a trivial amount. $1.435 billion dollars when compared to anything else, is a shitload of money!

Waste is waste. The government rationalizes the fact that its trivial and therefore believes it is entitled to spend it.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    That's the upside for the government, to all these massive spending initiatives. A couple BILLION dollars wasted is now perceived as "no big deal".

I would have thought at least Editec wouldn't have fallen for it.

9. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Payroll taxes ARE income taxes. I'm glad for you that you're so well off you have to pay income taxes. There are those out there that don't make enough money and they need more money from the job they're working at to make ends meet.

Further, you've pointed out $1.435 billion of $850 billion. What makes up the largest chunk of this? Tax credits for the middle class. $500 for individuals, $1000 for families. We're spending billions building infrasturcutre for states that have roads and bridges and transit systems that are either falling apart and need more money to help them, or to help maintain them without raising fairs. I don't know where you live KMAN, but here in NY, we need more money for our transit system. They're considering raising fares from $2.00 per ride to $2.50 per ride, increasing tolls on every bridge and putting tolls on the East River bridge. They're taxing and tolling everything we do, everywhere we go. We NEED help.

10. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626

don't doubt you need help....but tell me who got you where you are.....why are they still in charge and why are you going to give the same people who got you where you are a shit load of money to fix what they fucked up in the first place.....seems you should not expect a different result....