Longtime Aide to George Romney rips Mitt Romney

Aug 7, 2012

October 15, 2012, 5:22 PM

Romney Is Attacked by His Father’s Longtime Aide

A longtime aide to George W. Romney issued a harshly worded critique of Mitt Romney, accusing him of shifting political positions in “erratic and startling ways” and failing to live up to the distinguished record of his father, the former governor of Michigan.

Walter De Vries, who worked for the senior Mr. Romney throughout the 1960s, wrote that Mitt Romney’s bid for the White House was “a far cry from the kind of campaign and conduct, as a public servant, I saw during the seven years I worked in George Romney’s campaigns and served him as governor.”

“While it seems that Mitt would say and do anything to close a deal – or an election,” he wrote, “George Romney’s strength as a politician and public officeholder was his ability and determination to develop and hold consistent policy positions over his life.”

Mr. De Vries’s stinging assessment was contained in a nearly 700-word essay that he distributed to a small group of journalists with whom he has spoken over the past year. He said it was an outline for a book that may or may not be published. The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.

---

Who cares what this moron has to say ?

I notice you let slide your thread on Obama's victory.....

You smell like a skunk.

And why should I care about his opinion any more than that of others, like mine. I guess people like you are so insecure you need other people to validate your opinion.

And why should I care about his opinion any more than that of others, like mine. I guess people like you are so insecure you need other people to validate your opinion.

No, she just needs to justify being able to sleep at night not worrying that someone is going to take her welfare away.

A longtime aide to George W. Romney issued a harshly worded critique of Mitt Romney, accusing him of shifting political positions in “erratic and startling ways” and failing to live up to the distinguished record of his father, the former governor of Michigan.

Walter De Vries, who worked for the senior Mr. Romney throughout the 1960s, wrote that Mitt Romney’s bid for the White House was “a far cry from the kind of campaign and conduct, as a public servant, I saw during the seven years I worked in George Romney’s campaigns and served him as governor.”

“While it seems that Mitt would say and do anything to close a deal – or an election,” he wrote, “George Romney’s strength as a politician and public officeholder was his ability and determination to develop and hold consistent policy positions over his life.”

Mr. De Vries’s stinging assessment was contained in a nearly 700-word essay that he distributed to a small group of journalists with whom he has spoken over the past year. He said it was an outline for a book that may or may not be published. The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to a request for a comment.

---

like baby bush relative to daddy bush, mittens isn't half the man his father was.

in other words, someone who knew and respected the father isn't saying what you want him to...

okie dokie.

noted.

Please show us, Schillian, where we asked this prick to say anything at all.

And what if we come up with a bunch of Romneyites who really liked Mitt ?

Like you'd pay any attention to that.

Just like we'd pay attention to any of your coworkers who might say you had a brain.

---

like baby bush relative to daddy bush, mittens isn't half the man his father was.

yeah like you knew his father

• Banned

No, she just needs to justify being able to sleep at night not worrying that someone is going to take her welfare away.

I'm not on welfare and for you to say something like that thinking I am just shows how Romney supporters and Romney himself are mean, selfish scumbags! Not worth reading or listening to. I've started mostly ignoring the crazy rw's on this site because they are just plain hateful and should be supporting someone like I'mablabberjob in Iran!

George Romney's political career was a failure. Maybe he took this joker's advice.

I'm not on welfare and for you to say something like that thinking I am just shows how Romney supporters and Romney himself are mean, selfish scumbags! Not worth reading or listening to. I've started mostly ignoring the crazy rw's on this site because they are just plain hateful and should be supporting someone like I'mablabberjob in Iran!

Aw....did you get your feelings hurt ? Don't look to me to be sorry. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And quite with your spamming of stupid assed threads.

Go address your "frontrunner" thread, I pulled back. Obama isn't clearly in the lead any more, is he ?

Dickweed.

Hateful....? Just sick of you lemmings.

oh stop whining, and how do you they are a Romney supporter?
stop spamming the board with all kinds of crap and you might get more respect

---

De Vries is trying to sell a book and has been for a few years now.

How George Romney’s Political Career Was Instructive for Mitt Romney -- New York Magazine

Either way, I am usure why it matters what his opinion is and given he wants money for his book, who knows what the truth is.

in other words, someone who knew and respected the father isn't saying what you want him to...

okie dokie.

noted.

If anything, you'd think this aide would say good things about Romney if there was anything good to say. He worked with both men when Romney was working for his dad and he should know what Mittens is really like!:eusa_clap:

okie dokie.

noted.

If anything, you'd think this aide would say good things about Romney if there was anything good to say. He worked with both men when Romney was working for his dad and he should know what Mittens is really like!:eusa_clap:

yeah ok, we'll just take his word on it, just like you all would if he had written that about Obama:lol:

Aw....did you get your feelings hurt ? Don't look to me to be sorry. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And quite with your spamming of stupid assed threads.

Go address your "frontrunner" thread, I pulled back. Obama isn't clearly in the lead any more, is he ?

Dickweed.

Hateful....? Just sick of you lemmings.

Bully! No you didn't hurt my feelings. You disgust me and no one as low as you hurts my feelings because you are not worthy of passing judgment on cow manure! XXXXXXX Pitiful!

Last edited by a moderator:

For a person who said she did not like Obama.... you sure do have a "I hate Romney" hard on.

You throw these bullshit threads up and expect to be taken seriously... well I dont take ya seriously any longer.... ya happy?

Oh, and I do have evidence that Romney is loved by many, and he has proven himself to be a very loving and giving of himself person.
I have yet to see or hear of ONE instance where Obama has given of himself for any cause other than getting votes.
Just look how his relatives live.... does he do anything to lift them up?
The answer is NO....

Just look at Obama's and Biden's charitable donations compared to Romney's... Hell, I gave more to charities than Biden did last year... and I was unemployed for most of it! :mad:

No. It just shows how delusional some on the left are too think that Romney is mean and selfish. Tell that to the people who he's given of his time and money teo serve.

And if the RW should be supportng someone like mahmoud ahmadinejad, then why are you the one supportng the candidates actually are?

For a person who said she did not like Obama.... you sure do have a "I hate Romney" hard on.

You throw these bullshit threads up and expect to be taken seriously... well I dont take ya seriously any longer.... ya happy?

Oh, and I do have evidence that Romney is loved by many, and he has proven himself to be a very loving and giving of himself person.
I have yet to see or hear of ONE instance where Obama has given of himself for any cause other than getting votes.
Just look how his relatives live.... does he do anything to lift them up?
The answer is NO....

Just look at Obama's and Biden's charitable donations compared to Romney's... Hell, I gave more to charities than Biden did last year... and I was unemployed for most of it! :mad:

I dont know. Biden and Obama have been pretty generous... with our money. Giving it to themselves and their friends.

Forum List

Back