Longest- serving female in Congress

Sen. Mikulski become nation's longest-serving woman in Congress - latimes.com)
Known simply as Sen. Barb, the name she uses as both her Twitter handle and in conservation, the 75-year-old Mikulski has fostered a generation of women lawmakers, who now number not quite 100 in both houses of Congress – but far more than when she was the only female in the Senate after being elected in 1986.
Fittingly, she represents one of the bluest of blue states who advocate liberalism :cool: She's only 4'11" too :eek: :D

And you ignore Rep. Barney Frank who has served since 1981 you homphobe.

Known simply as Sen. Barb, the name she uses as both her Twitter handle and in conservation, the 75-year-old Mikulski has fostered a generation of women lawmakers, who now number not quite 100 in both houses of Congress – but far more than when she was the only female in the Senate after being elected in 1986.
Fittingly, she represents one of the bluest of blue states who advocate liberalism :cool: She's only 4'11" too :eek: :D

How nice. And we also have a Dem. who was the longest- serving senator and the longest- serving member in the history of the United States Congress. The honorable (?) Robert C. Byrd:

imagesCATMJUBH.jpg

Well the Democrats are doing it again .
She has tied with the number of years served by a woman, which is 35 years.
Edith Nourse Rogers also served 35 years in the House from 1925 to 1960.
The difference is Sen. Mikulski served for 25 years of her 35 years in the Senate.
Very good accomplishments on her part but still a bit misleading buy the mainstream news.
They could have at least mentioned the Republican and her accomplishments and could have said something about how they both served in congress for 35 years.
Why did they not honor both women?

Last edited:

An American to be admired.

Why? She is a career politician and no one has caused more harm and damage to this nation than career politicians who know good and well the founders did NOT want nor encourage people to make a career out of sucking up at the public trough and did not want our government populated by people who didn't know how to earn an honest day's living and in the belief that existing as some kind of "entitled" ruling elite was not good for this nation. They got that right. So she is the longest serving female career politician currently in office. Big deal.

Totally agree. Good post.

From what I've read your correct. The FF never invisioned anyone making a living in Govt. Everyone was supposed to come serve for a time then go home and take up their trade.

As for Miswhatshername. I'm sure she's looking for ward to retiring at taxpayer expense for the rest of her life.

Wonder how she would have fared in the private sector??

I wouldn't rank her as one of the giants of the US Senate (I'm referring to her record, not her stature) and I haven't really followed her much.
But congratulations on her long tenure I guess. The good people of Maryland must like her.

Forum List

Back