Long Wave that Union Jack

Originally posted by DU Freeper
Islam is a religion that will always be a threat to peace in the world. Unless Islam is totally eradicated we will always have terrorism and the murder of women and children. Of course eradicating them is not possible, but we must never appease them and aggressively put down their uprisings as soon as they show themselves.

Absolutely, my friend I am so glad someone else see's this and I believe this with all my heart. As scary and depressing it may be.I honestly believe we will NEVER be safe from homicide bombers untill we realize we ARE fighting against islam...I will NEVER capatilize that sick word...:( :mad:

Originally posted by Atticus
You need the best intelligence.

You need to stand with your friends (yes that includes France and Germany) ???? - Be choosy with you 'friends' .... I don't think I have ever considered France a 'friend' - when the going gets tough - the French - where are the French anyway???

But you need to find out what the root cause of the problem is or it expands infinitely.

You can do that. But also be mindfull of the fact that a lot of the time the terrorists forgets their real cause....The IRA is one of them...I recall reading stories of young men who fight but don't particularly know why...sad? Yes. But sitting down with brainwashed minds and trying to work things out is a little on the 'brady bunch' side and although it may work in films, this is reality.

No one likes to live in a world of war. Everyone would love to believe that if we stop so will they - its not a realistic way of thinking. What if no one stopped Hitler? Can you imagine anyone trying to understand and come to some agreement with the nazis?

Atticus

I'm tired of hearing the peace/love/understanding/etc BS with regards to terrorists. I don't think the people that always are against what the US does really want it to work both ways. They just want the US to be sorry for everything and say that the terrorists are right. That's crap. Regardless of what the US has ever done in the past, there is no justification for stuff like 9/11 and blowing up buses and trains, and you can't reason with people like that. Also, the clerics who tell people that they need to kill all these people need to be called out by less extreme clerics and other Muslims. This doesn't seem to happen much and/or it is hardly ever reported, but it needs to happen.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
I'm tired of hearing the peace/love/understanding/etc BS with regards to terrorists. I don't think the people that always are against what the US does really want it to work both ways. They just want the US to be sorry for everything and say that the terrorists are right. That's crap. Regardless of what the US has ever done in the past, there is no justification for stuff like 9/11 and blowing up buses and trains, and you can't reason with people like that. Also, the clerics who tell people that they need to kill all these people need to be called out by less extreme clerics and other Muslims. This doesn't seem to happen much and/or it is hardly ever reported, but it needs to happen.
ANd that will NEVER happen because
A: they are deathly afraid of them or
B: deep down they agree with them, either way we need to deal with them in a VERY harsh way:D

Originally posted by MadMax
ANd that will NEVER happen because
A: they are deathly afraid of them or
B: deep down they agree with them, either way we need to deal with them in a VERY harsh way:D

I agree with the final approach, but practically I'd be the first to admit that a soldier on the front lines will often find difficulty with "them" vs. simply 'them'. There is too much festering hatred in this land and our actions, for example, in Fallujah, have been tempered with respect to very real political concerns from Washington, understanding that the mindset of a complete crackdown on the township tehre will create a conflict well beyond the threshold of Western tolerance for bloodshed.

The essential question every administration must face in this particular Iraqi conflict will become on of victory vs. approval. Knowing that innocence in the battle will tread into grey areas, and that many of the future casualities in a direct military seige will produce images of the of the women and children involved in the conflict we as a Western society would reject, that is the price we must pay in eradicating the men who sacrifice their people for such sympathy. The moral question is no small matter.

In all seriousness, this battle hinges upon either our willingness to lose our troops in close combat in order to avoid unneccessary deaths, or the acceptance of callous behavior against a culture beyond redeption. Given the latest body counts (12 vs. 120+), we've been unwilling to sacrifice the lives of Iraqi's vs. losing more American soldiers in order to protect those who can be possibly innocent.

That kind of tradeoff in lives is one America has chosen voluntarily, and despite the cost we have chosen questionable victory via moderation vs. certain victory through mass extermination.

We are morally intact.

Forum List

Back