Lol

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Oh how the once- mighty Global Warming myth has fallen on hard (and cold) times!!!

78arch.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
From Bill Steffen, WOOD-TV.

October 22nd. A weather station in Berchtesgaden National Park in Bavaria has recorded the coldest temperature ever in Germany during the month of October. The thermometer dipped to -24.3C or -11.7F. Clear skies, calm winds and fresh snow was the perfect combination for the record chill. The city of Augsburg, Germany has been 9.3 degrees colder than average during the past week. Prague in the Czech Republic is supposed to be in the mid 50s at this time of year. They had 3 days with temperatures stuck in the 30s and even picked up some snow flurries.

Watts Up With That?

5dscxg.png

Ineresting, that chart stops at 2009. A bit has happened since then. Like record ocean temperatures.

In hot water: World sets ocean temperature record (Update)

The water temperature was 72 degrees - more like Ocean City, Md., this time of year. And Ocean City's water temp hit 88 degrees, toasty even by Miami Beach standards.

Kramer, 26, who lives in the seaside town of Scarborough, said it was the first time he's ever swam so long in Maine's coastal waters.

It's not just the ocean off the Northeast coast that is super-warm this summer. July was the hottest the world's oceans have been in almost 130 years of record-keeping.

The average water temperature worldwide was 62.6 degrees, according to the National Climatic Data Center, the branch of the U.S. government that keeps world weather records. June was only slightly cooler, while August could set another record, scientists say. The previous record was set in July 1998 during a powerful El Nino.

Seems that real scientists do not agree with your analysis.

Earth Headed for Record-Setting Heat After 2009, Study Says - Bloomberg.com

Earth Headed for Record-Setting Heat After 2009, Study Says
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By John Lauerman

Aug. 9 (Bloomberg) -- The Earth is headed for a record- setting heat wave after 2009, a team of U.K. climate experts said in the first such report based on observations from recent years.

Each year from 2010 through 2014 has at least a 50 percent chance of being warmer than 1998, the hottest on record, researchers led by Doug Smith of the Met Office, a government weather-forecasting agency based in Exeter, said today in the journal Science.

The estimate is the first stemming from data collected since 1990 on ocean temperatures, heat-trapping gases and other factors. Other forecasters used information gathered from 1960 to 1990, the researchers said. By focusing on the next few years, rather than the longer time frame in earlier studies, the new report adds urgency to the challenge of reducing emissions that heat the atmosphere, Smith said.

``Global warming is a problem that needs some action sooner rather than later,'' he said in a telephone interview on Aug. 7.

Smith said he has used the new data to estimate annual global average temperatures through 2037. The results for years beyond 2014, which haven't been published, suggest that heat records will continue to be set after that.

Cooling in the Indian Ocean and the Western Pacific will forestall record annual temperatures for the next two years, Smith said. After that, global heat will resume an upward climb that has also been predicted by the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he said.

Surface Temperatures

The UN's World Meteorological Organization bolstered those estimates with a report saying that global surface temperatures were 1.89 degrees Celsius (3.4 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than average in January and 1.37 degrees above the mean in April. Extreme heat is likely to become more frequent, the UN said.

My local weatherman can't tell me with any reliability whether or not it'll rain, er...um...I mean snow, next week.

But change his name to "climatologist" and he can tell me what the weather is going to be next year! :lol:
By examining previous data, Ben Franklin made pretty shrewd deductions about weather a year in advance, which helped make Poor Richard's Almanac a hit back in the 18th century.

Climatologists predict a general climatic pattern, not a specific weather event, so the math is actually a bit more deterministic. However Solar activity is the Number One determinant in the climate and I know of no way to control solar output.

My local weatherman can't tell me with any reliability whether or not it'll rain, er...um...I mean snow, next week.

But change his name to "climatologist" and he can tell me what the weather is going to be next year! :lol:
By examining previous data, Ben Franklin made pretty shrewd deductions about weather a year in advance, which helped make Poor Richard's Almanac a hit back in the 18th century.

Climatologists predict a general climatic pattern, not a specific weather event, so the math is actually a bit more deterministic. However Solar activity is the Number One determinant in the climate and I know of no way to control solar output.

It was the primary deteminate. That was the reason for the little ice age at the Maunder Minimum. However, as continue to increase the amount of GHGs we put into the atmosphere every year, even with a decrease in the TSI, we may see an increase in global temperature.

A good example of this was in 2008, and the first months of 2009. With a decrease in the TSI, and a strong persistant La Nina, we should have some record cold years. But instead, both years ranked among the top ten warmest years recorded in the last 150 years.

The increase and decrease in the TSI is very small, a fraction of 1%, not enough to cancel out in the increase in heat retained by the atmosphere and ocean due to increased GHGs.

If you changed your name to Einstien, you would still be a stupid troll.
And if you had an honest independent analytical thought in your head, you'd rupture an aneurysm.

Sssssshhhh....not at his age!!! :eusa_angel:

At any rate, it's been a very tough few years for the global warmers - earth simply refuses to cooperate.

It's gonna be fascinating to watch the Dems in Congress work to either pass some form of climate/carbon bill, or just make a show of doing so to appease their mush-skulled leftists.

The Global Warming Hypothesis and Ocean Heat « Watts Up With That?

Heat Deficit. The graph below shows the increasing deficit of upper ocean heat from 2003 through 2008 based on GISS projections by Hansen, Willis, Schmidt, et. al. Actual heat accumulation is plotted from observed data (using ARGO) and shows the overall linear trend (after Willis and Loehle). Seasonal fluctuations and error bars are not shown.

The projection displays a range representing the two ways of calculating heat accumulation discussed above. The upper limit assumes that virtually all of the energy from anthropogenic radiative forcing is eventually absorbed by the oceans (Eq. #1). The lower limit scales the total radiative imbalance to the surface area of the oceans (Eq. #2). The upper limit represents the actual GISS model projection.

dipuccio-2.jpg

The 5.5 year accumulated heat deficit for GISS model projections (red line) ranges from 6.48 x 1022 Joules (using Willis) to 7.92 x 1022 Joules (Loehle, extrapolated to the end of 2008). Pielke is more conservative in his calculations, given the substantial margin of error in Willis’ data (±0.35). Accordingly, he assumes zero heat accumulation for the full 6 year period (2003-2008), yielding a deficit of 5.88 x 1022Joules (Pielke, “Update…”). Loehle’s work, which was not yet known to Pielke in February of 2009, has a much smaller margin of error (±0.2).

The oceans are cooling...

Last edited:
So you say. And so says James Watt. Just because the scientists at all the governmental agencies that study oceanagraphy say that the ocean heat content is at record levels right now, doesn't mean a thing to you does it?

Watts gets swatted : Pharyngula

Watts gets swatted
Category: Environment
Posted on: July 31, 2009 4:29 PM, by PZ Myers

That crank pseudoscience site, Watt's Up With That, got thoroughly reamed out with the video below (just the fact that the chief crackpot, Anthony Watts, would show up on Glenn Beck's show is indictment enough, though). Watt was not too happy with his public evisceration, however, and scurried off to get it taken down. Here it is, reposted. Enjoy — it's a very good takedown of the climate denialist claims.

So you say. And so says James Watt. Just because the scientists at all the governmental agencies that study oceanagraphy say that the ocean heat content is at record levels right now, doesn't mean a thing to you does it?

Watts gets swatted

That crank pseudoscience site, Watt's Up With That, got thoroughly reamed out with the video below (just the fact that the chief crackpot, Anthony Watts, would show up on Glenn Beck's show is indictment enough, though). Watt was not too happy with his public evisceration, however, and scurried off to get it taken down. Here it is, reposted. Enjoy — it's a very good takedown of the climate denialist claims.

Old Crock goes off half cocked, your a moron, go to the geothermal thread where you state your own source is incorrect.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/81192-geothermal-energy-for-the-future-2.html

Old Crock goes off half cocked, old crock does not even read his links, old crock sourced a scientific america article and cherry picked the headline, old crock assumed the content of the article was a confirmation of the headline, it was not. Too funny.

So old crock goes off half cocked here posting another link, yea, were suppose to follow the link, read the article, check the sources only to find out Old Crock did not read the article at all, only the headline.

In the Geothermal thread I cited a industry expert, Old Crock posted his three sources showed my source as incorrect, only one problem, one of Old Crocks sources was my industry expert, when citing a report one should read the report, Old Crock did not, one should also take a look through the sources and people who contribute to the reports and articles.

So go ahead and follow Old Crock's links, read the article and check the sources, than come back and tell Old Crock about what he posted.

Watts gets swatted

The flat earth (consensus) society used to attack Galileo. They just found a new diversion.

Watts gets swatted

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh that was such a great video!!!!

What a web of paranoid propaganda that was!!!

I am starting to get a much better idea of your intellectual capacity - and it is....amusing at best.

Please - give us more of those videos! What a hoot!!!!

Watts gets swatted

Old Crock goes off half cocked, your a moron, go to the geothermal thread where you state your own source is incorrect.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/81192-geothermal-energy-for-the-future-2.html

Old Crock goes off half cocked, old crock does not even read his links, old crock sourced a scientific america article and cherry picked the headline, old crock assumed the content of the article was a confirmation of the headline, it was not. Too funny.

So old crock goes off half cocked here posting another link, yea, were suppose to follow the link, read the article, check the sources only to find out Old Crock did not read the article at all, only the headline.

In the Geothermal thread I cited a industry expert, Old Crock posted his three sources showed my source as incorrect, only one problem, one of Old Crocks sources was my industry expert, when citing a report one should read the report, Old Crock did not, one should also take a look through the sources and people who contribute to the reports and articles.

So go ahead and follow Old Crock's links, read the article and check the sources, than come back and tell Old Crock about what he posted.

Have some issues with the truth, there, old man? What I posted says that, for many places, it cost the same, per kw, to build a geothermal plant as it does to build a dirty coal plant. That for most places it is cheaper to build a geothermal plant than a 'clean coal' plant.

I'm all for a cleaner environment.

I am not for draconian measures implimented under the guise of man made global warming which is a ruse and a sham intended to create an entirely new and dangerous wealth making mechanism for a select few...

Forum List

Back