lol

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
ever have one of those days?
today was one for me. i feel like ive been shot at and missed and shit at and hit. up and down ladders all afternoon.
the work load wasnt nothing horrible, times werent even that bad. i think it was the 400 pound fat ass fuck who, after explaining i had to re-wire his house because his cable sucked, kept asking is it up yet is it up yet is it up yet... good god.
now that put me back an extra hour and a half on the job. i hate customers... well a few of them anyway.

well another day another dollar
:dance:

Johnney said:
today was one for me. i feel like ive been shot at and missed and shit at and hit. up and down ladders all afternoon.
the work load wasnt nothing horrible, times werent even that bad. i think it was the 400 pound fat ass fuck who, after explaining i had to re-wire his house because his cable sucked, kept asking is it up yet is it up yet is it up yet... good god.
now that put me back an extra hour and a half on the job. i hate customers... well a few of them anyway.

grab a stool and I'll buy the first one

Johnney said:

Dealing with the general public is always tricky at best but mostly annoying. :(

Johnney said:

Try and remember that life is a cycle and that eventually these things pass...

Yeah... I've had days like that too.....
I'm in a technical field, I get to work with a lot of people ...
Most of the time, they're pleasant and great to work with
But on occassion....
A few years ago, things got slow and money was tight.....
I had a customer who needed some things done but didn't have money to pay for it.... to make a long story short, they wanted it to be paid for out of our site's overhead budget....
I got caught between my manager and my customer....
And the customer had high visibility to the General Manager and above...

At the same time I had another customer who wanted me to get something done in a very short time, and was what you'd politely call a rabid bitch (I won't tell you what I really called her)....she wouldn't answer any of my questions or emails but when things went wrong, she went straight to my manager....

On top of that I had to work with a guy on yet another project who was a computer nerd geek with the personality of a pit bull.... I was taking over some work from him and for some reason, he disliked me..... but I never worked with him before.... (and before you ask "why didn't you ask him why?" there is a reason that some people are computer nerds, and that is that they have no social skills..... a discussion that involved honesty and sharing of emotions would have been an exercise in futility!)

Needless to say.... had quite a few sleepless nights with my stomach in a knot.....

Well, anyway, after a few weeks, things calmed down, money started to loosen up.....

The problem I now have is that I have so much work to do that I don't know where to start! Our plant just won the competition to build the Presidential helicopter (Marine-1) so let the good times roll! :)

P.S. back to that computer nerd geek guy .... one of the ironies of life is that he's married and has a kid..... (now you know the reason why some women make love with the lights out!)....and here I am Mr. Nice Guy and I'm divorced!!!! PLUS he was promoted to a management position.... (that's almost as good a move as giving Michael Jackson a job at a daycare facility).... I can almost hear the music from the "Vonage" commercial now! :)

i think the thing that pissed me off the most was his constant is it up yet banter
the ladder comes in second...lol 28 ft extension is kinda bulky. ima certfied gaffer, but have none! basic math, 70+ lbs ladder VS. 5lbs gaffs... no brainer in my book :laugh:

-=d=- said:
when I'm feeling down, or frustrated, I've found nothing takes away a case of the 'mondays' quite like classic, positive music...Just this morning, while on my commute, this gem of a 'golden-oldie' came on the radio...how can one be down while singing this old song:

By Ludacris:
"Got a lil bit of Blueberry Yum Yum
and I neva would of thought that they could eva taste this goooooood
Thank God for the man who put it in my hoooooood
Its got me singin melodies I neva thought i woooouuuuld
Im feelin sorry for the homies that be smokin wooood
Chop Chop, break it down for a playa like me me me me me
Im bout to find me a women that skeet skeet skeet skeet
Ima keep smokin till i reach my peak peak peak peak
Or till im stuck and my body feel weak weak weak weak weak
headed down to the doungeon woundren, if they got, some moore
and if they dont then ima have ta settle for some droooo