LOL!!! Trump will cause sea levels to rise???

The majority of Americans believe our elected officials should act to mitigate global warming. Certainly not for this reason alone, but a thousand other, Trump is going to lose by historic margins. Imagining what he will do when elected is simply a waste of time. He will fail and his business career will collapse into ruin. He has made himself a pariah and that is what he will remain. I'd say the odds of a suicide before the next decade are out are high.
He'll outlive Hillary who will most likely die from a stroke or brain hemorrhage with the next 2 years.

No, I don't. And what might that have to do with the candidate's positions on global warming?

A president Trump sticking to the policy positions he's outlined in the campaign would quickly lose us military and economic allies of longstanding. He would offend most other nations on Earth and the threat of economic, military or terrorist actions against us would increase dramatically. I can easily see another OPEC fuel embargo, a cutoff of vital raw materials from Russia and China, the loss of large foreign markets for our goods, a dramatic increase in the cost of goods manufactured for us overseas. Telling the rest of the world to fuck off is not a winning strategy.

However, I think it wouldn't be that bad. Once actually seated in the Oval Office, Trump would shit himself and effectively abdicate rule to his staff who, while stupid and extremist, are unlikely, en masse, to be as stupid as is Mr Trump.

But, the US global warming policy would likely suffer badly. This would do nothing but hurt our standing overseas and worsen the climate situation for all, but no one ever expected a Trump presidency to be cost free, did they.

A president Trump sticking to the policy positions he's outlined in the campaign would quickly lose us military and economic allies of longstanding. He would offend most other nations on Earth and the threat of economic, military or terrorist actions against us would increase dramatically. I can easily see another OPEC fuel embargo, a cutoff of vital raw materials from Russia and China, the loss of large foreign markets for our goods, a dramatic increase in the cost of goods manufactured for us overseas. Telling the rest of the world to fuck off is not a winning strategy.

However, I think it wouldn't be that bad. Once actually seated in the Oval Office, Trump would shit himself and effectively abdicate rule to his staff who, while stupid and extremist, are unlikely, en masse, to be as stupid as is Mr Trump.

But, the US global warming policy would likely suffer badly. This would do nothing but hurt our standing overseas and worsen the climate situation for all, but no one ever expected a Trump presidency to be cost free, did they.
see, leftist do think trump is the anti-christ

I don't believe in the supernatural, which would include the "anti-christ".

I believe Trump is very likely the worst candidate (in every regard I can think of) to be selected by a major US political party in this nation's history.

The election of Trump would spell the end of US participation in efforts to slow global warming, which in the long term would be very bad, but in the short term would be overwhelmed by a dozen other catastrophes Trump would undoubtedly cause. What in god's name is it about Trump that makes ANY of you think he would make a good president?

I don't believe in the supernatural, which would include the "anti-christ".

I believe Trump is very likely the worst candidate (in every regard I can think of) to be selected by a major US political party in this nation's history.

The election of Trump would spell the end of US participation in efforts to slow global warming, which in the long term would be very bad, but in the short term would be overwhelmed by a dozen other catastrophes Trump would undoubtedly cause. What in god's name is it about Trump that makes ANY of you think he would make a good president?
so you choose a serial lying, murdering, corporate whore, of trump the asshole

Army confirms: Training slide lists Hillary Clinton as insider threat | Fox News

I think Hillary Clinton has devoted almost her entire life to public service. I think she has been egregiously mistreated by the Republican party. The entire lying meme is a fabrication of conservatives. I'm sure she's no saint, but to make the comments about her you've just done only indicates you've completely bought into a manufactured conservative fantasy that has no mapping with reality. In short, you're being a fool. And, as I have said before, anyone that thinks Donald Trump is qualified to step into the presidency is a complete and utter idiot.

The climate and the environment will both do immeasurably better under a democrat than under a republican and Hillary is just about the best democrat out there to be president of the United States. I look forward to the next 8 years.

I think Hillary Clinton has devoted almost her entire life to public service. I think she has been egregiously mistreated by the Republican party. The entire lying meme is a fabrication of conservatives. I'm sure she's no saint, but to make the comments about her you've just done only indicates you've completely bought into a manufactured conservative fantasy that has no mapping with reality. In short, you're being a fool. And, as I have said before, anyone that thinks Donald Trump is qualified to step into the presidency is a complete and utter idiot.

The climate and the environment will both do immeasurably better under a democrat than under a republican and Hillary is just about the best democrat out there to be president of the United States. I look forward to the next 8 years.
first off, you don't think, you feel hillary has devoted her life to public service.

seriously, look up some of her claims, look up how many people she knows that have been murdered or died, mysteriously. And she failed to save our people, that's not refutable.

Could turn it into submarine training camp...
icon_wink.gif

Parris Island Under Water? One Study Says It Could Happen
Aug 22, 2016 | Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island sits on about 8,000 acres of land. A fifth of that, according to one study, could be under water by 2050.
A recent study by the Union of Concerned Scientists highlighted 18 military installations threatened, to varying degrees, by sea-level rise. Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort and the depot -- which is significantly threatened, according to one study author -- were included in the survey. "Half of these bases stand to lose more than a quarter of their land by the end of the century," said Shana Uvardy, a certified flood plain manager and one of the authors of "The U.S. Military on the Front Lines of Rising Seas." "Four of these bases will lose a fifth of their land by 2050," she continued. Parris Island is among them. The air station is less threatened, Uvardy said, because it is farther inland. Regardless, people should care about the threat sea-level rise poses to bases, she said. Tax dollars are at stake, and military installations are economic drivers in their communities.

Raising the stakes

Parris Island's economic impact on the community is more than $570 million dollars annually, according to depot spokesman Staff Sgt. Greg Thomas. The depot employs more than 3,000 people, including 1,300 civilians. Thomas, who first came to the island in 1998, said he personally hasn't noticed any change in sea levels or flooding at the base. "As far as affecting our ability to train recruits, (sea-level rise) doesn't (affect us) at all," he said. Depot officials are talking about sea-level rise, he said, but he's not aware of any action that's been taken to address the matter. There are portions of the beach that are reinforced by large concrete chunks, but those have been there since Thomas' first tour on the island.

parris-island-ts600.jpg

Drill instructors present their new Marines with Eagle, Globe and Anchors during the emblem ceremony Sept. 7, 2013, at the Iwo Jima flag raising statue on Parris Island, S.C.​

Other installations, such as Langley Air Force Base in Virginia, have taken steps to address the matter, according to Uvardy. At Langley, steps included elevating heating and air-conditioning units and transformers, and installing flood barriers at the entrances of buildings. And, Uvardy said, the base partnered with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to develop a tool to predict inundation due to flooding. On a driving tour of Parris Island, Thomas said that some of the depot's HVAC units had been raised or were installed on the tops of buildings. And he pointed out units that were still on the ground, such as those adjoined to houses on the base and the unit that sits behind his office building.

There is flooding on the island sometimes, he said, but only after extreme tides and heavy rain. "Climate change effects are being integrated into planning, assessment, response and related decision-making support activities across Parris Island," the Corps said in a statement. Roughly 3,200 acres on the island are "habitable" -- meaning not marsh -- according to Thomas. The highest point on the island is about 20 feet above sea level; the average is about 9. "With Parris Island, it's going to see the flooding sooner, and much more extensively," Uvardy said. "By the end of the century, extreme tides could inundate 85 percent of the installation roughly 10 times per year."

Not gonna creep up on us
Or not

seriously, look up some of her claims, look up how many people she knows that have been murdered or died, mysteriously. And she failed to save our people, that's not refutable.

Try to remember you're on the Environment Forum, not politics.

And try to separate facts from fiction. Hillary has been the target of the Republican party since before Bill was first elected governor of Arkansas. Yet in all that time, they've never found her guilty of anything. That should tell you that she is exceptionally clean, not that she is exceptionally dirty. It shoudl also tell you that your party has the moral standing of a piece of used toilet paper.

As far as the environment goes, it will be in much better hands with the democrats in the White House and both houses of Congress than it would ever be in the business-loving-god-gave-us-the-Earth-to-USE RNC.

i'd love it if they scrapped the global warming policy. Go for it Donald.

And try to separate facts from fiction. Hillary has been the target of the Republican party since before Bill was first elected governor of Arkansas. Yet in all that time, they've never found her guilty of anything. That should tell you that she is exceptionally clean, not that she is exceptionally dirty. It shoudl also tell you that your party has the moral standing of a piece of used toilet paper.

As far as the environment goes, it will be in much better hands with the democrats in the White House and both houses of Congress than it would ever be in the business-loving-god-gave-us-the-Earth-to-USE RNC.
and you go full board politics. dude you crack me up. I busted a nut with this one. do you ever read what you type? I'm just curious cause you contradict yourself frequently in here.:clap::clap:

the op is about a politician and the idiotic claims of leftists.

what party do you think I'm in?

And the Teflon Don is totally jealous of hillary

the op is about a politician and the idiotic claims of leftists.

what party do you think I'm in?

Don't know and don't care.

And the Teflon Don is totally jealous of hillary

You insinuate that she has committed murder. That's neither an objective nor centrist viewpoint.

Last edited:
Granny says, "Dat's right - he so fulla hot air, he gonna melt alla glaciers...
icon_omg.gif

Report: US Ignored Rising-sea Warnings at Radar Site
Oct 18, 2016 — The U.S. Air Force is spending nearly $1 billion to build a radar installation that will help keep astronauts and satellites safe by tracking pieces of space junk as small as a baseball. That is, if global warming doesn't get in the way.
The Space Fence is being constructed on a tiny atoll in the Marshall Islands that scientists say could be regularly swamped by rising seas within a couple of decades as a result of climate change. The salt water could play havoc with the equipment, the scientists say. And The Associated Press found that neither the military nor its contractor, Lockheed Martin, gave serious consideration to that threat when designing the installation and choosing a site, despite warnings from the island nation's environmental agency. The future "does not look good for a lot of these islands," said Curt Storlazzi, an oceanographer with the U.S. Geological Survey who is leading a study at Kwajalein Atoll, where the Space Fence complex is being built.

majuro-atoll-1500-18-oct-2016-ts600.jpeg

This Nov. 5, 2015, photo shows a heavy earth mover building a sea wall on Majuro Atoll, Marshall.​

Dana Whalley, a civilian who is managing the Space Fence program, said that the radar installation has a projected lifespan of 25 years and that he doesn't expect sea levels to rise enough over that period to cause a problem. But if necessary, he said, the base could take steps to improve its seawalls. Still, because of budget pressures, military equipment is often used well beyond its projected lifespan. In fact, a key part of the radar tracking system that the Space Fence replaces was built during the dawn of the space age and was badly outdated by the time it was shut down 50 years later in 2013. Midway between Hawaii and Australia, the Marshall Islands are specks of land that typically poke just a few feet above the Pacific Ocean, making them some of the world's most vulnerable places to rising seas.

The U.S. military has a longstanding connection to the islands. Bikini Atoll was used as a nuclear test site after World War II. Kwajalein Atoll, a battle site during the war, is now an Army base, a ballistic missile test site and an important part of the military's space surveillance network. The growing problem of space debris was highlighted in 2009, when an old Russian satellite smashed into a commercial U.S. satellite, creating hundreds of pieces of orbiting junk. The 2013 movie "Gravity" dramatized the threat to astronauts, who need to be safe from debris whether they're traveling on the International Space Station or in a rocket. Lockheed Martin won the $915 million Space Fence contract in 2014 and broke ground last year. When the radar system becomes operational in late 2018, it should increase the number of objects that can be tracked tenfold to about 200,000 and provide more precise information on their orbits.

MORE

See also:

US Warship to Visit New Zealand and End 30-Year Stalemate
Oct 18, 2016 — A U.S. Navy warship will visit New Zealand next month for the first time since the 1980s, ending a 30-year-old military stalemate between the countries that was triggered when New Zealand banned nuclear warships.
New Zealand Prime Minister John Key announced Tuesday that he had given clearance for the destroyer USS Sampson to visit during celebrations marking the Royal New Zealand Navy's 75th anniversary. The visit marks a continued thaw in military relations, which turned frosty when New Zealand enacted its nuclear-free policy in the mid-1980s. The policy prevents ships that have nuclear weapons or are nuclear powered from visiting. Because the U.S. won't officially confirm or deny if its ships have nuclear capabilities, New Zealand had imposed a blanket ban on U.S. ships.

uss-sampson-ts600.jpg

USS Sampson (DDG 102) sits anchored off the coast of southern California​

But Key said he'd taken advice from his own officials and was "100 percent confident" the USS Sampson wasn't nuclear powered or carrying nuclear weapons. "I think it's a sign of the fact that the relationship between New Zealand and the United States is truly in the best shape it's been since the anti-nuclear legislation was passed," Key said. "All of those last vestiges of the dispute that we had have really been put to one side." Key said he didn't think the result of the upcoming U.S. presidential election would affect the relationship. The dispute began in 1985 when the New Zealand government refused to allow a U.S. destroyer to visit. The U.S. responded by downgrading its military ties. New Zealand passed its nuclear-free law in 1987.

The relationship improved after 2001, said Rear Admiral John Martin, the chief of the New Zealand Navy, when New Zealand agreed to send special forces and later a reconstruction team to Afghanistan. The U.S. and New Zealand signed defense agreements in 2010 and 2012. "We've been working with the U.S. Navy for many decades and we're looking forward to hosting them down here," Martin said. "A birthday is not complete without your friends." Mark Gilbert, the U.S. ambassador in Wellington, said the visit helped clarify the improvement in the relationship. He said the U.S. and New Zealand shared similar values and had much in common, from culture to tourism. "We're all very excited," Gilbert said.

US Warship to Visit New Zealand and End 30-Year Stalemate | Military.com

Forum List

Back