LOL Savor, if you will, the image of France as the mighty defender of Europe.

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/weblog.php

monday, july 05, 2004

France Will Save Europe

Good lord. Can you imagine the screaming from the EUroweasels if Donald Rumsfeld said something like this? France could defend EU in case of attack: minister. (Hat tip: Norwegian kafir.)

France could use its nuclear capability to defend its neighbours, French Defence Minister Michele Alliot-Marie said in an interview Monday, while also urging European Union states to increase military spending.

She said that rogue states “could one day point their missiles toward France and its neighbours. We could say to those countries: ’Watch out, if you try to carry out your threats we will destroy you before you know what’s hit you.’” [Why ... how cowboy-like, Madame Alliot-Marie! —ed.]

“If Germany asked us for help, it is probable that European solidarity would come into play,” she told the Berliner Zeitung newspaper, and added: “For us, nuclear weapons are the ultimate protection against a threat from abroad.”

She said ethnic conflict and terrorism were making the world increasingly more unstable and called on EU members to increase their military budgets to two percent of gross domestic product — NATO’s minimum recommended level.

Savor, if you will, the image of France as the mighty defender of Europe.

by Charles at 08:10 AM PST

LMAO----isn't that the old Maginot Line defense ????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :funnyface :dance:

Originally posted by dilloduck
LMAO----isn't that the old Maginot Line defense ????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :funnyface :dance:

LOL nukes have a bit more sting, but sounded pretty to the point doncha think? I'm still laughing! :p:

:huddle: ok amis---here's the plan---spend a bunch of your bucks on troops-----if they get in trouble , we'll:blowup: LMAO

Unreal. She basically admitted the only response France would have is nuclear and they want the US to back down wtf is that?

Bizarro land! :bsflag:

The mind-numbing, breathtaking arrogance of the French - that's what it is.

Mind you, I'm amazed that she has the time to think up these militarist options, considering that she only works a 35-hour week like most Frenchies!

Question: What happens if OBL comes knocking on France when the office is closed or it's weekend and the army is at the beach??!!

Answer: BLAME THE YANKS AND THE BRITS FOR STARTING THE FIGHT!

The French are pathetic - even the Germans are now resenting the closeness with France that Chirac initiated to put the Brits' nose out of joint in Europe. Thankfully, however, it will only be a short while before Chirac is out on his ear, as his electorate wises up.

John

now considered lifted from rjw8652
The mind-numbing, breathtaking arrogance of the French

Great phrase, I think I'll steal it! :p:

You do not exaggerate!

Old joke, but appropriate.

FOR SALE:

1 French rifle.
Never fired.
Only dropped once.

Okay, one more -

The elderly American gentleman arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs he fumbled for his passport. "You 'ave been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.

The old gent admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Zen, you should know enough to 'ave your passport ready for inspection.

The American said, "The last time I was here I didn't have to show it."

"But zet iz impossible. You Americans alwayz 'ave to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then quietly explained:
"Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

NEWSFLASH!!!

Paris - July 6, 2004 - French Interior Minister Jean-Pierre Lafontaine announced today that, due to reports of recent terrorist activity following on from the bombings in Spain, France's Terror Alert Level has been raised from "Run" to "Hide."

Mr. Lafontaine added that if the bombings continue, the Terror Alert Level would be further raised to the next level: "Surrender and collaborate."

Brilliant!

John

rjw8652, That was great!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back