LOL! Obama to GOP: “You can’t have the keys back. You don’t know how to drive!”

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
This is like Obama standing in front of the WTC on 9/11/01 and saying, if not for him, the buildings would have come down sooner--or more buildings would have been hit by planes--OR more people would have died.

It kind of misses the point that, the whole thing is, ALREADY A DISASTER!

Thus spaketh the man with a 41 percent approval rating. I like his metaphor, actually, even if he has the particulars wrong: After two years of watching him swerve all over the road and sideswipe the occasional telephone pole, the public’s decided that he’s drunk and it’s time to take his keys away.

Reasonable people disagree about whether these initiatives should have been more or less ambitious, but almost everyone falls into one of these camps. And that’s precisely the political problem Democrats now face.
A stimulus too small to significantly reduce unemployment, a TARP that didn’t trickle down to Main Street, financial reform that doesn’t fundamentally restructure Wall Street, and health-care reforms that don’t promise to bring down health-care costs have all created an enthusiasm gap. They’ve fired up the right, demoralized the left, and generated unease among the general population.

This leaves the Democrats in a difficult position. They have to prove a negative proposition—that although these initiatives cost lots of money or require many new regulations, conditions would be or will be a lot worse without them.

That’s basically their argument, especially vis-a-vis the stimulus: “If not for us, the totaled car that is American policy would be … even more totaled.” Slap that slogan on the bumper of a Chevy Volt and you’re ready to roll. Exit question: Given his incredible driving prowess, why is our Jeff-Gordon-in-chief here not being invited for a national victory lap by congressional Democrats? Click the image to watch.

See video here!

Hot Air Obama to GOP: “You can’t have the keys back. You don’t know how to drive!”

Could be worse! Could be raining!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AFf0ysgNiM]YouTube - It Could Be Worse[/ame]

That's what Obama is telling us!

How many of you mindless Obama drones agree?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The direction the Reps are taking seems to be leading down the same road as '94-'96. They'll pick up seats and maybe a majority in the House this fall, but will be unable to hide the CRAZY until 2012. Obama gets re-elected, IMHO.

LOL..."You can't have the keys back..." Says the guy whose party will drive off the cliff in November for having backed his health care scheme, wasteful stimulus, gargantuan budget spending, etc.

The direction the Reps are taking seems to be leading down the same road as '94-'96. They'll pick up seats and maybe a majority in the House this fall, but will be unable to hide the CRAZY until 2012. Obama gets re-elected, IMHO.

I disagree with one point.

I do not see any politican that has been involved in this political meltdown of the past 10 years getting elected as President.

By 2012, there will be a host of candidtaes with new ideas and guided less by ideology that will be stumping.

I am a conservative, but right now, the only potential candidate I would consider is Hillary Clinton....I personally think she is ready to defect from the Administration and possiobly distance herself from the shenannigans of the democratic party.

I would be pleased to see Jindl do the same with his crock of a party as well....but I just dont see him doing it.

You are making one big mistake in that thinking.

A) Obama isn't Clinton and

B) The Democrats of 2010 aren't the Democrarts of 1994.

Obama is far closer to Carter. He isn't smart enough to pick up on the fact the electorate is sending a message. Clinton was smart enough to change sheep skins and take credit for Republicans policies when they proved popular.

Do you think the tone-deaf Obama would do that?

Further, the Democrats of 1994 voted DOWN Hillarycare. The Democrats of 2010 voted IN Obamacare and pompously GLOATED that they had done so.

It's a different party we are dealing with, and I don't think they are going to be able to pick up the ball again, quite so easily.

I don't know. We will have to see, but the situation is NOT the same as in 1994.

;)

Clinton did a lot on the backs of the republican Congress, there's one area I think Dems are full of shit. Complete bs.

I do not see any politican that has been involved in this political meltdown of the past 10 years getting elected as President.

By 2012, there will be a host of candidtaes with new ideas and guided less by ideology that will be stumping.

I am a conservative, but right now, the only potential candidate I would consider is Hillary Clinton....I personally think she is ready to defect from the Administration and possiobly distance herself from the shenannigans of the democratic party.

I would be pleased to see Jindl do the same with his crock of a party as well....but I just dont see him doing it.

You call yourself a conservative and you think our best bet is HILLARY CLINTON??????

What the ****????????

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Last edited:
there are lots of conservatives in the democratic party, conservatards in the right are blind to that and lots of other middle of America issues.

You call yourself a conservative and you think our best bet is HILLARY CLINTON??????

What the ****????????

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Yeah... no shit... I DON'T FUCKING THINK SO!

What the ****????????

I dont call myself a conservative. I am a conservative as it pertains to the way I live my life. I allow my conservative values guide me with all decisions I make.

I am a true conservative that believes all have the right to live life as they please....and I see Hillary as one that may partially infirnge on my conservative values in an effort to meet the ideologies of others, but not one that will eliminate my right to my conservative values in an effort to push an ideology as Obama is doing.

I am a conservaitve but I am a realist. I dont expect all to be forced to live with my values.

What the ****????????

I dont call myself a conservative. I am a conservative as it pertains to the way I live my life. I allow my conservative values guide me with all decisions I make.

I am a true conservative that believes all have the right to live life as they please....and I see Hillary as one that may partially infirnge on my conservative values in an effort to meet the ideologies of others, but not one that will eliminate my right to my conservative values in an effort to push an ideology as Obama is doing.

I am a conservaitve but I am a realist. I dont expect all to be forced to live with my values.

Honey, you are NOT a conservative at ALL, nor a realist.

There is NO conservative that would vote that UBER MARXIST Hillary in, as a good option against Obama.

That's like saying Lenin would be better than Stalin!!! That's NOT reality. Not even close.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What the ****????????

Honey, you are NOT a conservative at ALL, nor a realist.

There is NO conservative that would vote that UBER MARXIST Hillary in, as a good option against Obama.

That's like saying Lenin would be better than Stalin!!! That's NOT reality. Not even close.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

One does not need to be a believer in "conservativism for all" to allow their conservative values guide them through life.

I am a conservaitve who believes in America being the land of many different ideologies.

Sorry to disappoint you

New Topics

Forum List

Back