LOL: MN to GPS track and tax cars

Several states have entertained the idea of doing this, including here in North Carolina, but it never goes anywhere further than just a brainstorm. There are a lot of flaws with this method of taxation. Perhaps some day one state will eventually try it if they can get around resistance from the people and lawsuits, but I'm willing to bet it won't work out well.

I can't find a legitimate source for that claim, go figure.
Maybe you're just too stupid to look?

From the official Minnesota DOT website:
Mileage Based User Fee - MnDOT Test Studies
A mileage-based user fee is a new way to finance the construction and maintenance of roads based on how much you drive, rather than on how much gas you put in the tank of your vehicle. Minnesota is studying mileage-based user fees to determine if they could effectively collect enough revenue to maintain our state's roads and bridges.
Pretty f*ckin' easy to find when you engage your brain. Oh that's right you're a Liberal, you don't have one.

I've mentioned this before. Since cars are using less and less gas, the governments are seeing their revenue from the massive gas taxes go down. The only solution to the problem is to tax cars per mile driven.

It's not rocket surgery. The government wants your money, and the can't stand it when they can't get it.

Here's another prediction:

If this gets passed, the roads and bridges will still not get maintained and the politicians will use the revenue for pet projects, vote buying and any number of other things.

I'll bet your shocked huh?

In 1982 Ronald Reagan doubled the federal gasoline taxes.

In 1989 George H.W. Bush released a new budget proposal, backed by the congressional leadership, which notably included an immediate five-cent per gallon increase on the federal gasoline tax, and a phased increase of even higher fuel taxes in subsequent years. He also banned oil drilling by executive order.

Last edited:
Pssst......... This is not new. This is just part of the grand conspriracy to track everything in the US. Don't you remember the Republican office of total information? And they appointed a convicted felon to head that agency before protests shut it down. At least, shut down the visible arm of it.

But also remember that the cell phone towers started popping up along all our highways at about the same time. Not only that, note that the money was change to include a 'hologram' in the bill. And look at all your credit and bank cards. Note that they also have a 'hologram' on them. As for your automobile, how many computers are there in each vehicle now? And how are they programmed, and by whom?

Every time you pass one of those cell phone towers, the government know what car you are driving, who you are, what credit cards you have, how much cash you have on you, and who is with you.

LOL. Damn, this conspiracy theory BS is fun!

Forum List

Back