LOL Mayor of St. Paul, (D), Endorses Bush!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Not a good day for Kerry! First Gallup, now this:

http://kare11.com/news/news-article.asp?NEWS_ID=67485

St. Paul Mayor Kelly Supports Bush for Re-election

St. Paul Mayor Randy Kelly broke Democratic Party ranks on Sunday to announce his support for President Bush's re-election.

"George Bush and I do not agree on a lot of issues," Kelly said in a statement. "But in turbulent times, what the American people need more than anything is continuity of government, even with some imperfect policies."

Kelly, who said he's remaining a Democrat, said the economy is going in the right direction. "There's no reason to believe a change of course will produce better or quicker results," he said.

And the mayor said the United States will bring the troops home from Iraq a lot sooner if "we don't try to bring in a whole new leadership team to run the show. We must stay the course."

AequitasVeritas said:
It's refreshing to see someone his position take a stand against partisan politics.

I agree. There seems to be some true 'progressives' left, like this guy and Zell Miller and Mayor Koch, but too few....

Reminds me of when the GOP was dominated by the far right, I was look for some sense amoungst us. :D

Merlin1047 said:
He better hang onto his hat. They'll be giving him the Zell Miller treatment next. The Democratic party can't allow their members to stand on principle. It gets in the way of the dogma.

Yup, I'd say his days as a dem. are numbered, which isn't good in St. Paul. Brave position to take!

I think the Democratic party's days are numbered. The whole party is spewing hateful trash, and only a few members are willing to stand up and say, "No, that's wrong." I figure after a couple of decades of GOP presidents, somebody else will come along.

Hobbit said:
I think the Democratic party's days are numbered. The whole party is spewing hateful trash, and only a few members are willing to stand up and say, "No, that's wrong." I figure after a couple of decades of GOP presidents, somebody else will come along.

Or perhaps there are more Mr. Kelly's out there? One never knows...

Merlin1047 said:
He better hang onto his hat. They'll be giving him the Zell Miller treatment next. The Democratic party can't allow their members to stand on principle. It gets in the way of the dogma.

Many Dems support Bush, real Dems anyway.

I pray that they can one day take back their party.

Palestinian Jew said:
Does anybody really care who the mayor of St. Paul endorses?

Perhaps some of the citizens of St. Paul. He's been quite popular.

Palestinian Jew said:

it has more "impetus" to it than saying, "Ben Affleck or Susan Sarandon, etc." endorses Kerry.

Kathianne said:
Perhaps some of the citizens of St. Paul. He's been quite popular.

Yes I understand. But I don't see why this should be in the national news, they guy is just a mayor and can't really be used by the republicans like Zel Miller.

Palestinian Jew said:
Yes I understand. But I don't see why this should be in the national news, they guy is just a mayor and can't really be used by the republicans like Zel Miller.

Actually I think his message is a good one to politicos on both sides, mean spirited partisanship is wrong and putting the good of the nation is important in wartime. That seems worth getting out right now.

Palestinian Jew said:

OK, would it be news if a GOP mayor endorsed Kerry then?

Palestinian Jew said:

Well, since you asked, I care. Agreed, that doesn't count for much.

But apparently some other folks care too. Like these:

But the St. Paul DFL Party said Kelly "has traded the values of St. Paul for the agenda of the Republican Party's far right."

"Rather than advocating the needs of St. Paul, Mayor Kelly's decision to not support John Kerry's strategy for building our cities does the voters of St. Paul a disservice," the party said.

The Kerry campaign in Minnesota downplayed the move, saying it "isn't surprising given Randy Kelly's longstanding flirtation with the Republican party.

"John Kerry and John Edwards enjoy overwhelming support in St. Paul and the energy and excitement about their plans to make America stronger at home and respected in the world has only grown after the tremendous success of the Democratic convention," communications director Stacie Paxton said in a release.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/state/minnesota/9297205.htm?1c

Apparently the DFL cares and it also appears that the kerry campaign cares. Even though they're trying to act really nonchalant about it.

Personally, I think that they're starting to sweat and to wonder which of the holes will finally cause the dike to collapse.

Palestinian Jew said:

Why should it be national news that Ben Affleck endorses Kerry?

Which should have more political pull? An endorsement from the mayor of a major city, or an endorsement of the co-star of "Gigli"?

Jimmyeatworld said:
Why should it be national news that Ben Affleck endorses Kerry?

Which should have more political pull? An endorsement from the mayor of a major city, or an endorsement of the co-star of "Gigli"?

I would say neither. What should have more political poll is what the candidates actual positions are. I would love to see much more reporting on Bush, Kerry, and badnariks positions and past actions rather than which mayor or actor endorsed who.

tpahl said:
I would say neither. What should have more political poll is what the candidates actual positions are. I would love to see much more reporting on Bush, Kerry, and badnariks positions and past actions rather than which mayor or actor endorsed who.

The vast majority of knowledgable folks already know about G.W and Mr. Kerry's past. and the same can be said of the where G.W stands on most topics. Mr.Kerry stand on things changes with the wind, the moon, and the stars. ever try to shoot at those moving ducks at the fair with a cork gun????
That would be a fair comparision IMHO.

tpahl said:

I am beginning to think that YOU are Badnarik as much as you seem to be in love with the man/woman/whatever it is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back