LOL how is a CAT-3 storm the most destructive storm EVER.......

The National Hurricane Center estimates that New Orleans experienced hurricane winds of category 1 or 2, yet Katrina was by far the costliest hurricane ever in the US. The apes who ran New Orleans should have been shot for failure to prepare the city for even a modest storm. I think the National Guard was still patrolling New Orleans years later.
Look, bigoted asshole, the local authorities did follow the protocols outlined for such and event, they could have done more, but that they did what the protocols set up. FEMA under Brown and Bush did not. They established the low bar for disaster response. And idiots like you have been trying to shift the blame from them ever since.

Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.
hurricane-irma.jpg

What a silly ass you are, Bassman. Does that look like a small storm? Mostly, you are just an asshole that tries to act smart, and demonstrates what a low IQ individual you are. The full damage assessments are not in yet for Irma, but they will be significant. And cover several states.

Hurricane surpassed any known storm for sustained 185 mph winds at 37 hours. The fact that Irma hit Cuba first, and then went down the West Coast of Florida, rather than skirting Cuba and making a direct hit on Miami is something that we can be thankful for.

Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.
Wow, you can't correct something this delusional.

And what would that be?

And what would that be?
You

The whole point of this thread, the sub plot of it is the wing nuts undermining science in support of the Mindlessness of the "Breitbart provides real Science" . That is all this thread is about...they are making an underhand argument that Science is not reliable ....that Science exaggerates threats [ Global warming] that the Right wing media Nut bags provide Real News ...
Its about this Guy ...the true Trump supporter
390950_345049752191074_1000188406_n.jpg

The whole point of this thread, the sub plot of it is the wing nuts undermining science in support of the Mindlessness of the "Breitbart provides real Science" . That is all this thread is about...they are making an underhand argument that Science is not reliable ....that Science exaggerates threats [ Global warming] that the Right wing media Nut bags provide Real News ...
Its about this Guy ...the true Trump supporter
390950_345049752191074_1000188406_n.jpg

So, you're an expert!

Then get me the information required to determine that warming exists.

The consistent placement and number of reporting stations throughout the past 300 years. Who calibrated each and the qualifications of these individuals.

With consistent placement and number of stations we can determine historic temperature data.

Thanks in advance

And what would that be?
The cost of Hurricane Andrew was a fraction of what Irma will end up costing, so, your comment about Andrew doing thousands of times more damage than Irma is delusional. In addition, Irma hit American landfall as a Catagory 5 Hurricane. Take a look at the damage done in the US Virgin Islands.

Thanks in advance
Dude for someone like you simply go to Breitbart and follow their storm instructions OK
Thanks in advance for showing that this entire thread is all about undermining science.,..
Are surface temperature records reliable?
Surface temperature measurements are collected from about 30,000 stations around the world (Rennie et al. 2014). About 7000 of these have long, consistent monthly records (Fig. 1). As technology gets better, stations are updated with newer equipment. When equipment is updated or stations are moved, the new data is compared to the old record to be sure measurements are consistent over time.

GHCN-Mstations.png

Figure 1. Station locations with at least 1 month of data in the monthly Global Historical Climatology Network (GHCN-M). This set of 7280 stations are used in the global land surface databank. (Rennie et al. 2014)

In 2009 some people worried that weather stations placed in poor locations could make the temperature record unreliable.
Scientists at the National Climatic Data Center took those critics seriously and did a careful study of the possible problem. Their article "On the reliability of the U.S. surface temperature record" (Menne et al. 2010) had a surprising conclusion. The temperatures from stations that critics claimed were "poorly sited" actually showed slightly cooler maximum daily temperatures compared to the average.

In 2010 Dr. Richard Muller criticized the "hockey stick" graph and decided to do his own temperature analysis. He organized a group called Berkeley Earth to do an independent study of the temperature record. They specifically wanted to answer the question is "the temperature rise on land improperly affected by the four key biases (station quality, homogenization, urban heat island, and station selection)?" Their conclusion was NO. None of those factors bias the temperature record. The Berkeley conclusions about the urban heat effect were nicely explained by Andy Skuce in an SkS post in 2011. Figure 2 shows that the U.S. network does not show differences between rural and urban sites.

Rural-urbanTadjustment.png

Figure 2. Comparison of spatially gridded minimum temperatures for U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) data adjusted for time-of-day (TOB) only, and selected for rural or urban neighborhoods after homogenization to remove biases. (Hausfather et al. 2013)

Temperatures measured on land are only one part of understanding the climate. We track many indicators of climate change to get the big picture. All indicators point to the same conclusion: the global temperature is increasing.

You apparently don't have the vaguest idea how hurricanes work.

Right, idiot. That's why I spent almost 20 years studying weather and almost became a meteorologist. You show all the stupid drawings you want but you can't argue with the actual pictures of the storm taken from space in real time.

[
Whadda jackass.

Tell me again how it took out 1 million homes in Georgia and 150,000 homes in the Carolinas when it supposedly tracked west into Tennessee and Kentucky???
what t a fuck head .what a typical white male sissy BLOW HARD ...the Hurricane affected more states than it actually touched ...it devastated the Caribbean Puerto Rico the Virgin island and you are blowing off it was nothing..again FUCK YOU
Fuck you bitch boy ...you know nothing of tropical weather

Just another jackass liberal that always resorts to personal attacks and or trying to change the subject because he never has any real facts to argue from. You don't even know what the original subject was! Now you are arguing points that were never even in contention.

Thanks for pointing out once again what a pencil head Pogo is who says that he lives in the Carolinas and Irma never went anywhere near him.

"In Florida, more than 5 million customers were still without power Tuesday. In Georgia, nearly 1 million residents were in the dark, along with 95,000 in South Carolina, 54,000 in North Carolina and 20,000 in Alabama."

Whadda jackass.

Tell me again how it took out 1 million homes in Georgia and 150,000 homes in the Carolinas when it supposedly tracked west into Tennessee and Kentucky???

You yourself claimed Irma was as big as the the state of Texas...if every state was the same size you'd have a point. However if you were to put Texas there it would easily cover parts of Tennessee, Georgia, and the Carolinas...in fact Texasa is bigger than all 4 of those states combines (by roughly 80K square miles...or roughly the size of Nebraska). Again this isn't rocket science.

You've been proven wrong time and time again and yet your ego is so fragile you're incapable of admitting you were wrong. If you weren't so insignificant I might actually feel a little sorry for you.

I've NEVER been proven wrong you mental defect! I've shown you the actual space feed. You can't argue with that. Yes the storm was very big but the outer periphery only had rain and comparatively milder winds, the only part that really matters is the eye and surrounding areas and the eye only partly reformed after Cuba then completely collapsed by the time it got half way up the state. Still bad winds, but only about 100mph at that point and less than 85 by the time it moved north into Georgia and the Carolinas. These are RECORDED FACTS and only the brain-dead dweebs of this forum with absolutely no life could spend days here still arguing against them.

Thanks in advance
Dude for someone like you simply go to Breitbart and follow their storm instructions OK
Thanks in advance for showing that this entire thread is all about undermining science.,..
Are surface temperature records reliable?
Surface temperature measurements are collected from about 30,000 stations around the world (Rennie et al. 2014). About 7000 of these have long, consistent monthly records (Fig. 1). As technology gets better, stations are updated with newer equipment. When equipment is updated or stations are moved, the new data is compared to the old record to be sure measurements are consistent over time.

GHCN-Mstations.png

Figure 1. Station locations with at least 1 month of data in the monthly Global Historical Climatology Network (GHCN-M). This set of 7280 stations are used in the global land surface databank. (Rennie et al. 2014)

In 2009 some people worried that weather stations placed in poor locations could make the temperature record unreliable.
Scientists at the National Climatic Data Center took those critics seriously and did a careful study of the possible problem. Their article "On the reliability of the U.S. surface temperature record" (Menne et al. 2010) had a surprising conclusion. The temperatures from stations that critics claimed were "poorly sited" actually showed slightly cooler maximum daily temperatures compared to the average.

In 2010 Dr. Richard Muller criticized the "hockey stick" graph and decided to do his own temperature analysis. He organized a group called Berkeley Earth to do an independent study of the temperature record. They specifically wanted to answer the question is "the temperature rise on land improperly affected by the four key biases (station quality, homogenization, urban heat island, and station selection)?" Their conclusion was NO. None of those factors bias the temperature record. The Berkeley conclusions about the urban heat effect were nicely explained by Andy Skuce in an SkS post in 2011. Figure 2 shows that the U.S. network does not show differences between rural and urban sites.

Rural-urbanTadjustment.png

Figure 2. Comparison of spatially gridded minimum temperatures for U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) data adjusted for time-of-day (TOB) only, and selected for rural or urban neighborhoods after homogenization to remove biases. (Hausfather et al. 2013)

Temperatures measured on land are only one part of understanding the climate. We track many indicators of climate change to get the big picture. All indicators point to the same conclusion: the global temperature is increasing.

From 30,000 and approximately 7,000?

Yeah, there's consistency for ya!

So those 7,000 in your post is supposed to accurately measure 197 MILLION SQUARE MILES OF THE FACE IF THE EARTH?

Do the math and see how absurd that looks.

Last edited:
by the time it moved north into Georgia and the Carolinas.

As already demonstrated to your eternal discrediblity, Memphis Tennessee is not in the "Carolinas". Dumb shit. Nor is "Missouri" where it ended up next.

Perhaps space aliens abducted it and took it 400 miles west. Yeah that's the ticket.

You apparently don't have the vaguest idea how hurricanes work.

Right, idiot. That's why I spent almost 20 years studying weather and almost became a meteorologist. You show all the stupid drawings you want but you can't argue with the actual pictures of the storm taken from space in real time.

What a coincidence. I almost became a brain surgeon but they kicked me out when I did that lobotomy on you.

The fact is you came in trying to sell bullshit, you got busted, and here you are still trying to sell the same bullshit expecting different results. You got beat sixteen to nothing and you're whining "where's everybody going? It's the tenth inning!" :crybaby:

Pathetic, dood.

As already demonstrated to your eternal discrediblity, Memphis Tennessee is not in the "Carolinas". Dumb shit. Nor is "Missouri" where it ended up next.

Hey Dickwad, you need to get yourself checked into a clinic real fast; you have gone so far from the facts, you don't even know your ass from a raingutter anymore! The satellite imagery I supplied leaves no doubt how and where the storm moved to as it evolved. That is why you avoid addressing it. Maybe you got hit on the head during the storm? WHERE did I EVER say anything about Memphis, jackass? Are you sure you have the right person here? The right thread? The right planet?

I almost became a brain surgeon but they kicked me out when I did that lobotomy on you.

You ARE a total moron too stupid to even have a meaningful conversation with. Go back to drinking your Maddog 2020 and take your pills prescribed by your doctor.

The fact is you came in trying to sell bullshit, you got busted,

Only in YOUR delusion. WHAT "bullshit" did I try to sell? WHERE did I ever get busted on anything other than in your delusional fevered brain! You've been proven dead wrong every time with independent facts yet just as any good lib, not only don't you ever ADMIT you're wrong, you can't even TELL when you're wrong! If you weren't a total useless POS, you would be out helping those suffering badly from the hurricane rather than jacking off to your computer! If you can't deal with the facts and stick to the truth, at least try to be a little help to your fellow man.

Thanks for pointing out once again what a pencil head Pogo is who says that he lives in the Carolinas and Irma never went anywhere near him.

"In Florida, more than 5 million customers were still without power Tuesday. In Georgia, nearly 1 million residents were in the dark, along with 95,000 in South Carolina, 54,000 in North Carolina and 20,000 in Alabama."

Whadda jackass.

You yourself claimed Irma was as big as the the state of Texas...if every state was the same size you'd have a point. However if you were to put Texas there it would easily cover parts of Tennessee, Georgia, and the Carolinas...in fact Texasa is bigger than all 4 of those states combines (by roughly 80K square miles...or roughly the size of Nebraska). Again this isn't rocket science.

You've been proven wrong time and time again and yet your ego is so fragile you're incapable of admitting you were wrong. If you weren't so insignificant I might actually feel a little sorry for you.

I've NEVER been proven wrong you mental defect! I've shown you the actual space feed. You can't argue with that. Yes the storm was very big but the outer periphery only had rain and comparatively milder winds, the only part that really matters is the eye and surrounding areas and the eye only partly reformed after Cuba then completely collapsed by the time it got half way up the state. Still bad winds, but only about 100mph at that point and less than 85 by the time it moved north into Georgia and the Carolinas. These are RECORDED FACTS and only the brain-dead dweebs of this forum with absolutely no life could spend days here still arguing against them.

A) If Irma hit Central Florida with winds reaching speeds of 100mph (your words-not mine), then you're admitting that a hurricane hit Central Florida because a storm with winds of 100 mph is a Category 3...yet your previous post stated that Irma never reached Central Florida.

B) You claimed that the eye never reached Central Florida (specifically the Tampa area)...but now you're saying it did reach Central Florida before collapsing.

So which is it? Did Irma not hit Central Florida? Did (parts) of the Tampa Bay Area get hit by the eye or not? Forget the eye, hell you said Irma never hit the area.

Once again your attempt at resolving your cognitive dissonance (for lack of a better term) is pathetic.

I watched people standing out in the middle of the street giving news reports as the eye wall passed right over them. This storm lost energy far faster than predicted because Cuba's intervention disrupted the eye wall from regenerating, made it a longer distance to Florida so, more time to lose energy, then going over Florida brought in lots of dry air which stalled out the storm south of the eye. But the Weather Channel is hard at covering up for their entirely blown coverage and predictions--- --- I just saw them still putting up charts of the storm's path that agree with their original forecast but are CLEARLY NOT the path the storm actually took!

After hitting Naples, the storm tracked across the peninsula eastward diagonally up to where Florida, Georgia and the Atlantic meet. From there it went sightly out to sea then straight up into the Carolinas. It continues to track due north. It has NEVER veered sharply westward inland towards Tennessee and Kentucky, as they thought.

Irma was supposed to hit Florida as a CAT 4 and not slow down to CAT 3 until near the top of Florida; instead, it hit Florida Keys already as a CAT 3 (where the Keys really DID take a good beating), and so did Naples, but right after Naples, it went inland, slowed to CAT 2 and totally missed Tampa. Shortly after it dispersed to CAT 1.

Another egg by the weather people who are supposed to be telling me how the Earth will end up in 200 years.

Claims the storm "totally missed Tampa"...proven wrong. Refuses to admit to being wrong by moving goalposts

Forum List

Back