LOL how is a CAT-3 storm the most destructive storm EVER.......

A) If Irma hit Central Florida with winds reaching speeds of 100mph (your words-not mine), then you're admitting that a hurricane hit Central Florida because a storm with winds of 100 mph is a Category 3...yet your previous post stated that Irma never reached Central Florida.

B) You claimed that the eye never reached Central Florida (specifically the Tampa area)...but now you're saying it did reach Central Florida before collapsing.

So which is it? Did Irma not hit Central Florida? Did (parts) of the Tampa Bay Area get hit by the eye or not? Forget the eye, hell you said Irma never hit the area.

Once again your attempt at resolving your cognitive dissonance (for lack of a better term) is pathetic.

You know, it just stuns me the number of people here who have opinions on Irma who apparently never actually followed the weather data as it happened and apparently know next to nothing about meteorology, yet can stand there and talk about other's "cognitive dissonance" in pointing out actual data! Either you people are too stupid to watch the satellite imagery or just too stupid to interpret it.

FACT: The eye of Irma was going through a process of wall rebuilding when it hit Cuba. It never fully recovered. It briefly built back up to CAT 4 then dropped back to 3 as it crossed from the Keys to the mainland of Florida.

FACT: The entire east coast of the US was covered with extremely dry air. The inrush of that dry air plus the landmass ahead of it collapsed the south wall so Irma only really maintained strong cyclonic structure to the north, east and west.

FACT: By the time it reached about mid-state around Tampa and such, the eye had lost rotation and the structure of an "eye" (clear gap) was losing form and closed quickly. One only needs to have consulted any of the video to see that. The system quickly lost force after that and devolved to CAT 2 and CAT 1 (as announced by the Weather Channel) with central ratings going quickly from 110 to 105 then 100 mph, all in the span of a few hours as it moved into the northern half of Florida crossing towards Jacksonville. As it passed through the area around Tampa, what was left of the eye had collapsed and there was no longer an "eye" in the proper sense and the highest winds were now rotating well outside and around the central region. The area of "calm" wind was now a much-grown area around what used to be the center of the storm. These are not opinions but statements of the meteorological record made at the time it occurred.

A) If Irma hit Central Florida with winds reaching speeds of 100mph (your words-not mine), then you're admitting that a hurricane hit Central Florida because a storm with winds of 100 mph is a Category 3...yet your previous post stated that Irma never reached Central Florida.

That is an IDIOT statement as speeds of 100 mph are NOT CAT 3, Fool! Check your Simpson Scale:

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 11.23.30 PM.png

Top wind speeds in the general central Florida region were stated at that time as being between 110 dropping quickly to 100 mph as the system disassociated down to a tropical storm. That you suggest that 100mph is a CAT 3 when it is really at the bottom of CAT 2 just goes to show what an absolute clueless brain-dead jackass you are who talks about 5 miles ahead of what you really know---- like ALL liberals. I NEVER EVER EVER said that a hurricane didn't hit central Florida, just that by then, it was falling apart far more quickly than originally expected! And I NEVER EVER EVER said that Irma never reached central Florida you douche bag!!! I DARE YOU to produce a post where I said that!!! You are nothing but a hapless, stupid LYING jackass who doesn't know the first thing about storms.

The satellite data clear showed that there was no organized eye by the time it reached half way up the state. It was better though of as a calm area of little or no winds at that point. It wasn't even rotating any longer. The funny thing is that this was shown in someone else's video here they provided of close up radar imagery of the region, and STILL you argue the point like a brainless fool!

All I ever said was that the storm fell apart far quicker and weakened much greater than the European Model forecast. And that it tracked from Naples across the state almost in a straight line up towards Jacksonville by which time it had long since dropped to CAT 1, then went up the coast of Georgia to reenter S Carolina as a tropical storm where what had once been the center of the storm quickly disassociated and spread out east and west into a tropical depression.

It isn't a matter of who said what or anyone's opinion, it is merely a matter of stating the observed data that was recorded! That some blind fool as you can argue that for days on end calling others "pathetic" when you and a couple others here don't know your ass from a hole in the ground just goes to show why this country is in trouble. I pray to God the police never need you as a witness because you would see a red car run a stop sign and crash into a blue car with the right of way and tell the poor officer that a white truck ran a red light and sideswiped the red car!

Last edited:
Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.

I watched people standing out in the middle of the street giving news reports as the eye wall passed right over them. This storm lost energy far faster than predicted because Cuba's intervention disrupted the eye wall from regenerating, made it a longer distance to Florida so, more time to lose energy, then going over Florida brought in lots of dry air which stalled out the storm south of the eye. But the Weather Channel is hard at covering up for their entirely blown coverage and predictions--- --- I just saw them still putting up charts of the storm's path that agree with their original forecast but are CLEARLY NOT the path the storm actually took!

After hitting Naples, the storm tracked across the peninsula eastward diagonally up to where Florida, Georgia and the Atlantic meet. From there it went sightly out to sea then straight up into the Carolinas. It continues to track due north. It has NEVER veered sharply westward inland towards Tennessee and Kentucky, as they thought.

Irma was supposed to hit Florida as a CAT 4 and not slow down to CAT 3 until near the top of Florida; instead, it hit Florida Keys already as a CAT 3 (where the Keys really DID take a good beating), and so did Naples, but right after Naples, it went inland, slowed to CAT 2 and totally missed Tampa. Shortly after it dispersed to CAT 1.

Another egg by the weather people who are supposed to be telling me how the Earth will end up in 200 years.

Claims the storm "totally missed Tampa"...proven wrong. Refuses to admit to being wrong by moving goalposts

Don't need to "claim" anything jackass! The central part of the hurricane where the highest winds were, was in the middle of the state as it moved past Tampa. Downtown Tampa was probably at least 10-15 miles away from that! Sure you got high winds, but the "eye" (what was left of it) did NOT cross over Tampa or Tampa Bay directly. If you want to think otherwise, I couldn't give a rats ass as I've already provided the weather data from the Space Science Center at SSEC to prove it! You are a total lying jackass that has been wrong about EVERY SINGLE THING you've said and haven't shown a SHRED of data to back up a single statement of yours!

111 mph or up is cat3.

Irma hit Marco island with 115 mph winds...In fact marco island measured a sustain wind of 112 mph with 142 mph gust in Naples.

This storm was 3 times the size of Andrew and that means a larger area to do damage.

'For first time in 300 years, theres not a single living person on the island of Barbuda'
Barbuda has been left completely devastated by Hurricane Irma. An estimated 95% of Barbuda’s structures are damaged, and the entire island of around 1,800 people has been evacuated.

“The damage is complete,” says Ambassador Ronald Sanders, who has served as Antigua and Barbuda’s ambassador to the U.S. since 2015. “For the first time in 300 years, there’s not a single living person on the island of Barbuda — a civilization that has existed on that island for over 300 years has now been extinguished.”

According to Sanders, Irma was “the most ferocious, cruel and merciless storm” in the island’s history. The hurricane was 378 miles wide when it descended on Barbuda, which is just 62 square miles.

“This was a huge monster,” he says. “The island and the people on the island had absolutely no chance.”

more

'For first time in 300 years, there’s not a single living person on the island of Barbuda'

Hurricane frequency and strength are on a downward trend.
Fake science

Is there a point you wish to make?

It certainly was a stupid rebuttal
Very fitting for the likes of an anti Science anti Intellect rube...the point I am making is rubes believe in fake news fake science ....there are oscillations that have been observed for some times in the frequency of Hurricanes and it seems related to a cycle dubbed "El Niño" by Peruvian fisherman when they realized that near Christmas time the waters of the Pacific off Peru had warmed .

When that happens frequency of storms in the Atlantic drop off because that produces jet stream winds coming off the Pacific and across Hurricane alley in the Atlantic . Those winds are Hurricane killing shear that takes the tops off storms trying to organize and prevents development .

There is a correlated cycle called "La Niña" in which the waters of the western Pacific cool. That cooler water is not favorable to Pacific storms so their numbers drop off . We may be in such a cycle now and that is bring forth storminess in the Atlantic , Gulf and Caribbean ...

Hurricane frequency and strength are on a downward trend.
Fake science

Is there a point you wish to make?

It certainly was a stupid rebuttal
Very fitting for the likes of an anti Science anti Intellect rube...the point I am making is rubes believe in fake news fake science ....there are oscillations that have been observed for some times in the frequency of Hurricanes and it seems related to a cycle dubbed "El Niño" by Peruvian fisherman when they realized that near Christmas time the waters of the Pacific off Peru had warmed .

When that happens frequency of storms in the Atlantic drop off because that produces jet stream winds coming off the Pacific and across Hurricane alley in the Atlantic . Those winds are Hurricane killing shear that takes the tops off storms trying to organize and prevents development .

There is a correlated cycle called "La Niña" in which the waters of the western Pacific cool. That cooler water is not favorable to Pacific storms so their numbers drop off . We may be in such a cycle now and that is bring forth storminess in the Atlantic , Gulf and Caribbean ...

May be?

Thanks

You "May Be" the rube that you accuse others of being.

Did you run the math on those 7000 long term weather reporting stations on a globe that's 197 million square miles?

1 per 28,000 square miles?

Yea, that's reliable data gathering!

There can't be temperature variations in an area the approximate size of South Carolina!

Did you run the math on those 7000 long term weather reporting stations on a globe that's 197 million square miles?

There can't be temperature variations in an area the approximate size of South Carolina!
Oh for the reliable stuff you have to go to Alex Jones at Info wars or Breitbart or Fox Nut work ...in fact never ever listen to the National Hurricane Center or its forecast tracks ...they get paid \by George Soros predict fake paths LOL

Oh for the reliable stuff you have to go to Alex Jones at Info wars or Breitbart or Fox Nut work ...in fact never ever listen to the National Hurricane Center or its forecast tracks ...they get paid \by George Soros predict fake paths LOL

Matrix dwelling is ghey

Lazy assholes deserve what they get.

Run the damn numbers like I did. You cannot get reliable data when you measure once every 28,000 square miles.

It's settled speculation, not settled science.

Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.
upload_2017-9-17_14-31-23.png

Forum List

Back