LOL, Hawaii is GETTING SNOW - Now the makes all 50 States this year!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
It's very fitting that Hawaii is getting snow for the President's holiday trip! I mean global warming has to be happening! :lol: I mean snow in Hawaii is very VERY rare occurence and only global warming can make it cold enough to make it happen :eusa_eh:!

UPDATE: Snow found in Hawaii confirms 50 states with snow on the ground | Lawrence Weather Watch / LJWorld.com
UPDATE: Snow found in Hawaii confirms 50 states with snow on the ground

After analysis confirmed snow on the ground in 49 states, the search was on for snow still on the ground in the higher elevations of Hawaii.

Turns out, there was a little bit. The

Again the only way to explain this record cold front, is by Global Warming :eusa_eh:!

Please Chrisy chim in!

Wintry weather brings snow to Australia in midsummer - Telegraph
Wintry weather brings snow to Australia in midsummer
Australia normally experiences temperatures of 86F (30C) at this time of year, but the chances of a rare white Christmas have increased after plunging temperatures and snow swept across the east of the country.

By Bonnie Malkin, Sydney 11:24AM GMT 20 Dec 2010
Freezing winds from Antarctica, blown up to Australia by a low-pressure system in the Southern Ocean, gave the country a taste of the conditions that are causing havoc across Europe.

Some 11 inches of snow fell at the ski fields in New South Wales, raising the prospect that parts of the country could experience a white Christmas.

"It's white, everything is white," Michelle Lovius, the general manager of the Kosciuszko Chalet Hotel at Charlotte Pass, said.

"First thing this morning everything was just very still, very peaceful and every single thing was just blanketed in a thick cover of white."

At the ski fields, children in Father Christmas hats, who would usually be sunning themselves on the grassy slopes, made snowballs and rode on sleds.

Does it snow in Hawaii?

This post is “s-no-w” joke. Honestly, it’s not.

You might be surprised to learn snow does fall on Hawaii almost every Winter. Just a few days ago, Hawaii’s Big Island peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea got a beautiful blanket of snow. You can read the news about it and see a video here.

Hawaii’s many diverse climates really fascinate me. We often think of Hawaii as being a tropical beach paradise. So, it’s puzzling to accept that these Hawaiian Islands receive snow – considering that they are situated in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and near the equator!

The following photo is from our collection when we toured the top of Mauna Kea for sunset and stargazing back in March 2008. What a mind-boggling scene to see snow on volcanic cinder cones.

hawaii gets snow every year

673054-Snow_capped_Mauna_Kea-Hawaii_Big_Island.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's very fitting that Hawaii is getting snow for the President's holiday trip! I mean global warming has to be happening! :lol: I mean snow in Hawaii is very VERY rare occurence and only global warming can make it cold enough to make it happen :eusa_eh:!

Actually, snow in Hawaii is not rare due to the altitude of the volcanos (as can be seen in one of the photos in your link.

Snow in Florida, on the other hand, is quite rare.

Do they get know in the Gulf states?

Louisiana would be another state that would be unlikely to get much snow.

But both Alabama and Mississippi extend north enough that they get some snow.

And Texas is all over the place.

What about snow in FL? During Australia's summer? And snow in ALL 50 states?

Does it snow in Hawaii?

This post is “s-no-w” joke. Honestly, it’s not.

You might be surprised to learn snow does fall on Hawaii almost every Winter. Just a few days ago, Hawaii’s Big Island peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea got a beautiful blanket of snow. You can read the news about it and see a video here.

Hawaii’s many diverse climates really fascinate me. We often think of Hawaii as being a tropical beach paradise. So, it’s puzzling to accept that these Hawaiian Islands receive snow – considering that they are situated in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and near the equator!

The following photo is from our collection when we toured the top of Mauna Kea for sunset and stargazing back in March 2008. What a mind-boggling scene to see snow on volcanic cinder cones.

Umm HI gets snow every year. They have a mountain that oftren has snow on it.
No news there.

hawaii gets snow every year

673054-Snow_capped_Mauna_Kea-Hawaii_Big_Island.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Has happened in my lifetime at least once before. Not really a big deal. Now if that cold stayed as it did in 1816, that would be a big deal.

Da point is the global warming being a foregone conclusion seems far off? Yep I bought into all of it when I was in college and all the science classes I took preached it. It was strengthened by Inconvenient Deception opps I mean Truth!
However, I don't think its a foregone conclusion and at the very least we should be able to challenge these theories and our colleges should be teaching both sides of the equation not just Global Warming Is Coming, Be Prepared!

Umm HI gets snow every year. They have a mountain that oftren has snow on it.
No news there.

They're at the equator numb-nutz!

Actually the most southerly point of Hawaii is around 19 North. Snow is not rare as Mauna Kea is just shy of 13,800 feet above the surrounding ocean. Florida though, that's rare. Snow in Oz in summer...that's rare. Yep it sure is warm somewhere...just can't seem to find where:lol:

Actually, snow in Hawaii is not rare due to the altitude of the volcanos (as can be seen in one of the photos in your link.

Snow in Florida, on the other hand, is quite rare.
Not really. It snows in north Florida probably as often as it does in Atlanta.

Increased snow is due to increased evaporation from the ocean because there is no ice to reflect the suns rays. The ice has melted because the planet is warmer.

Yes, it's just that simple.

Threads likes these and the ones the other side of this debate make whenever it is unusually warm somewhere random are nothing more than troll threads.

Snow in Hawaii isn't even unusual. There's an old saying that you can start out skiing at the top of Mauna Kea and work your way down through every kind of climate found on Earth. High forest, grassland, tropical paradise, even an area of desert. I've never been there but looking at the maps it seems perfectly plausible.

Gotta love people who lap up propaganda without question, no matter which side they belong to. :thup:

Da point is the global warming being a foregone conclusion seems far off? Yep I bought into all of it when I was in college and all the science classes I took preached it. It was strengthened by Inconvenient Deception opps I mean Truth!
However, I don't think its a foregone conclusion and at the very least we should be able to challenge these theories and our colleges should be teaching both sides of the equation not just Global Warming Is Coming, Be Prepared!

Even the most prominent and active scientist that is a sceptic, Dr. Spencer, states that warming is here and increasing. He still thinks that the anthropogenic part is minor, most being a natural cycle. However, he cannot state just why that natural cycle is occuring, or what is driving it.

Nov. 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.38 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Now we are in a moderate to strong La Nina, and that normally leads to a cooling. Yet, for the past 3 months, the anomolys have all been on the positve, warmer, side. We will see what the anomoly for December is. Should it be on the positive side also, that is a definate indication that the warming is getting stronger. If you look at past years, back to 1979, you will see that there have been a number of negative anomolies, yet since 1998, very few.

Forum List

Back