LOL GOP Leader Cantor Doesn't Know How Bills Become Law

This is funny. GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor seems to have forgotten (or maybe he never knew) how bills become law. First comes the House, then comes the Senate, then they negotiate. If they reach an agreement, the bill goes to the President to sign. Cantor thinks the House GOP can bypass the Senate and the President.

Dude, you don't understand the article you posted at all

Why don't explain to us, in detail, what he got wrong.

Entertain us.

Why don't you read the thread (if you can). Its all there.

Cantor's Act is entirely Constitutional, does not alter the process, and is obviously completely over your head.

You seem to believe that they will be voting on the GOP Budget, which they will not. You need to re-read your own quote, VERY SLOWLY.

Cantor's Act will have to pass the House, then the Senate, then go back to Joint Session, then to the President.

But other than that, cool story bro!

No, you need to reread what Cantor claimed.

The funniest part of this story are the mentally handicapped on the right trying to defend Cantor.

And another illiterate, politically clueless moron checks in!

Cantor cannot pass a law without the Senate passing the same law.

Period. Case closed.

That is EXACTLY how it works.

You just don't understand the process.

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

Really? Show me where it says that something becomes the law of the land after only one house of Congress passes it. I'll wait......

Look ass hole! If Cantor's bill passes the House, Senate and is not vetoed by the President, the budget, as passed by the House, becomes law. The language that circumvents the Senate and the President is written into this act. Passing this act, in effect, passes the house budget.

Oh and I have been voting since 1970 when I turned 21

You can't 'circumvent' the Senate and the President to pass a law. You people are just trolling now.

Really? Show me where it says that something becomes the law of the land after only one house of Congress passes it. I'll wait......

It doesn't.

The point you're missing is that they haven't even voted on it once yet. It has been introduced in the House as an Act.

Exactly. So then, why is Cantor holding press conferences talking about it? I realize it's a symbolic move. I realize it will never happen. Did I ever say otherwise? Show me where I said anything of the sort.

You need to study some Poli-Sci. This is obviously new to you.

So, because I understand how laws are made, I must be new to this? What does that make you?

You are being educated in the stupidity and obstinance of the rightwing cult on this board.

Look ass hole! If Cantor's bill passes the House, Senate and is not vetoed by the President, the budget, as passed by the House, becomes law. The language that circumvents the Senate and the President is written into this act. Passing this act, in effect, passes the house budget.

You can't 'circumvent' the Senate and the President to pass a law. You people are just trolling now.

No one ever claimed you can. Simply put, Cantor's act would deem the House version of the budget passed. Like any act, it would have to pass the House and Senate and not be vetoed by the President.
Everyone with half a brain knows that this act will not make it past the House and has no chance of becoming law. What it does accomplish is showing the American people that the Republicans are trying to avoid a government shutdown and Harry Reid and barack obama are behaving like children.

No one ever claimed you can. Simply put, Cantor's act would deem the House version of the budget passed. Like any act, it would have to pass the House and Senate and not be vetoed by the President.
Everyone with half a brain knows that this act will not make it past the House and has no chance of becoming law. What it does accomplish is showing the American people that the Republicans are trying to avoid a government shutdown and Harry Reid and barack obama are behaving like children.

It has also exposed the knee-jerk reaction to anything partisan, and the inability of many on the left to even comprehend a simple article which references, CLEARLY, two distinct, different pieces of legislation.

But don't tell NYCarbineer yet......he's still deep in the throes of his ignorance, and hasn't found the "ah-ha!" moment yet.

Even if that were true it's the most childish stunt imaginable, and all it did accomplish was to make Cantor look like a complete moron to the average person who takes any interest in this story.

Even if that were true it's the most childish stunt imaginable, and all it did accomplish was to make Cantor look like a complete moron to the average person who takes any interest in this story.

It also exposed a lot of partisan hacks who claim to understand the US Legislative process, but actually don't.

You got em Mini and Ernie.

They are just to proud to admit it.

Anyone who think Eric Cantor, who's been in congress for quite a while, doesn't know what he's doing is a moron to begin with.

Jeeze folks. Catch a damned clue.

\

LOL How did I change the purpose? It's clear from the start that my intention was to make fun of Cantor, not engage in a philosophical debate on the intricacies of the bill process. But while we're talking about it, you're the same guy who argued for multiple pages on another thread that because the House passed a bill defunding NPR, that meant that NPR was defunded, no matter what the Senate said (sounds familiar). Well, as we all know, NPR has not yet been defunded (like I told you over and over). So, if you don't mind, I'll take your opinions on Congress with a teaspoon of salt.

Got a link to where I said that about NPR?

Didn't think so.

I believe I'm correct, but I'm not going to dig through weeks of threads to find your posts. But you're right. If I can't prove it, I shouldn't say it. I'll give you that one.

And from your first post, your first few sentences:

SgtMeowenstein said:
This is funny. GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor seems to have forgotten (or maybe he never knew) how bills become law. First comes the House, then comes the Senate, then they negotiate. If they reach an agreement, the bill goes to the President to sign. Cantor thinks the House GOP can bypass the Senate and the President.

So you went from that to "it was just to make fun of Cantor," after we pointed out that the reason you were using to make fun of Cantor showed your own stupidity, and not Cantor's.

Went from what to what? Tone doesn't come across the computer too well. So, granted, you couldn't hear the sarcasm in my tone. But I realize that Cantor is familiar with the bill process. Obviously, he didn't become House Majority Leader by being stupid. But that doesn't change the fact that he just said one of the stupidest things a member of Congress has ever said. And you're damn right that I'm going to make fun of him for it. When the right stops bringing up "57 states" and "We have to read the bill to know what's in it", then I'll stop making fun of Republicans when they say stupid shit.

I would like to make a point though. Cantor says this is a move to motivate the Senate to act. Presumably, he's counting on the Senate being motivated by the threat of HR 1 becoming law if the Senate fails to pass a budget. It makes no sense. If Cantor's bill has no chance of passing the Senate, then why would they be motivated by the threat of it becoming law? It's a weightless threat. It can't pass the Senate.

You'd think....after gettin' smacked-around, by Obama, once....Cantor would put a little-more effort into being better-prepared for future-pursuits.
eusa_doh.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuygCN_tq8k&feature=related]YouTube - President Obama Chides Rep. Cantor for Use of Props at Health-Care Summit[/ame]

Who knows? I guess it's always possible he's one o' those Gay-dudes who's into abuse. I'd always assumed Mitch McConnell was takin'-care o' such things, for Eric.​

It also exposed a lot of partisan hacks who claim to understand the US Legislative process, but actually don't.

Boehner contradicted Cantor today, said the House CANNOT impose its will on the Senate.

So which one of them is the idiot on this?

Forum List

Back