Logic dictates that if.....

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Govt is responsible for the success of business then it is equally responsible for business failures. And there are far more failure stories than successful ones. So govt should get out of the industry no?

All those High School dropouts --- CERTAINLY we should round up the infrastructure and public servants that CAUSED those failures and punish them..

Those kids got help all right. Help to fail... And Stupid Thing is -- most Lefties will knee jerk confirm that linkage by claiming that "the system failed them".. They truely buy this Collectivist gospel..

Govt is responsible for the success of business then it is equally responsible for business failures. And there are far more failure stories than successful ones. So govt should get out of the industry no?

Your struggle to become the dumbest person on this board is commendable for the amount of effort you're putting into it.

If an algebra teacher deserves credit for the education of all the kids who pass his algebra class,

is he to blame for the ones that fail, by fucking off, not paying attention, not doing their homework, not showing up for class?

Your struggle to become the dumbest person on this board is commendable for the amount of effort you're putting into it.

If an algebra teacher deserves credit for the education of all the kids who pass his algebra class,

is he to blame for the ones that fail, by fucking off, not paying attention, not doing their homework, not showing up for class?

Good News... :eusa_angel:

You're still in the running for that award if you don't see the irony in your example..

The difference between success and failure is LARGELY individual effort. NOT the services and infrastructure which serves both outcomes.

QED -- Logic and common sense wins over Collectivist rhetoric..

Nope. One might "logically" observe that economic performance is affected by (1) government policies, and (2) economic system. When the economy fails, then, one might therefore conclude two things:

(1) The system of government does not serve the economy well, and/or
(2) The economic system does not serve the population well.

Take your pick, porkchop. I think both aspects apply, and it doesn't matter at all who's at the top.

If you're using that logic--misquoting someone--you've got bigger problems.

Didn't you say you ran a business and from what you've said in the past, you're failing quite nicely on your own.

I see you finally get it. Self accountability. Bravo

There are roads in front of my house, I have sewer, water, fire and police protection.

Now just waiting for my successful business to spring up and start providing me income.

Never should have been in it. I absolutely agree with that. Well... Except monopolies.

You're still in the running for that award if you don't see the irony in your example..

The difference between success and failure is LARGELY individual effort. NOT the services and infrastructure which serves both outcomes.

Perhaps I didn't make clear something...

...I was referring to a public school teacher.

Nope. One might "logically" observe that economic performance is affected by (1) government policies, and (2) economic system. When the economy fails, then, one might therefore conclude two things:

(1) The system of government does not serve the economy well, and/or
(2) The economic system does not serve the population well.

Take your pick, porkchop. I think both aspects apply, and it doesn't matter at all who's at the top.

You're leaping here to fix stuff that doesn't need fixing. When we're discussing how entreprenuerial ventures either succeed or fail -- that's a FEATURE of the system. Failures are valuables also -- because they mark ideas and concepts and executions that didn't work. NOBODY expects govt to prevent failure in a free market...

Perhaps I didn't make clear something...

...I was referring to a public school teacher.

Wouldn't matter if that teacher is public, private or a househusband. The outcome is largely determined by CUSTOMER for those services which is the kid (who'd decided to breakdance their way thru K-12) and the parents.

The logic here is sound and refutes that rare honest expression of Collectivist thought from the Dear Leader. That statement is already legendarily stupid and will be studied in political history classes for generations...

Forum List

Back