Logic Destroys Obama's Roanoke Declaration

The give-away is right here: "...the next day..."

As usual, in politics, the cover-up in worse than the crime....

I take schadenfreude picturing Michelle, when he got home.....
..."WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY???????"....

Think she rolled up a newspaper and swatted him with it?
Hillary threw lamps....

Karma.
The only time I ever saw a dark skinned dual citizen with a rolled up newspaper it was filled with smoked mullet from Collier county.:eusa_shhh:
You really need to learn how to read, and then, think. You are working hard to make a case for what rational people know is BS. Keep trying, it will not work for you. Most people know how to read, and think.

Just curious....have you ever had a passing acquaintance with any " rational people"?

I never saw so many try to convince readers that a person said what they wanted him to have said rather than what he did say. This is obvious, unless you want to believe what you want to believe, and the reality be damned.
What obama said is simple to understand if you actually want to.

Which explains why Obama had to make two different ads to explain it.
Not actually. The reason he talked about the issue in adds is that it was a great opportunity to make those trying to twist his words lok like what they are: ignorant, dishonest, or both.

"...twist his words..."

These words?

“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

Funny, that is exactly how the White House website quotes that line. Why would the white House lie about what Obama said?

It's not the line...it's the context

PolitiFact | In context: Obama's

. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

"On a national level, most people now know PolitiFact is nothing but another Obama-shilling mainstream media joke -- an entity so in the tank for the White House it ruled as mostly true that "Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president..."
VA Pushes Back Against PolitiFact, Shows Other States the Way

But, hey, you can be reliably counted on......well, you know the rest.

Are you claiming that their verbatim quote of what our president actually said is incorrect?

Maybe you can cut and paste off of Breitbart and see what they say

Which explains why Obama had to make two different ads to explain it.
Not actually. The reason he talked about the issue in adds is that it was a great opportunity to make those trying to twist his words lok like what they are: ignorant, dishonest, or both.

"...twist his words..."

These words?

“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

You post more and more like Daveman every day

Your opening quote is a lie.

Kind of blows away the whole thread doesn't it?

Doesn't say anything about roads and bridges

You're slippin' ol' timer:

'President Obama’s statement, made at a campaign rally in Virginia last weekend, that “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen”...'
Why Obama's 'you didn't build that' line may bite back - CSMonitor.com

Now....doesn't your post just prove what I said earlier, about you being the kind of reliable non-thinking supporter that the Left needs?

Good boy!

Wanna treat?

I realize you have a Masters Degree in cut and paste, but they should have taught you that when you highlight relevant text, you need to cover all relevant text not just the part that fits your twisted propaganda

If you had bothered, you would have posted

." Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

It is a shame what a poor product our colleges pass off as graduates

…lush analytical framework…smashing crescendo…again, a fanatic’s ideology trumps his intellect…

So....you didn't understand this?

I'm laughing at you again....and this time it's not just your looks!

It's not the line...it's the context

PolitiFact | In context: Obama's

. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

"On a national level, most people now know PolitiFact is nothing but another Obama-shilling mainstream media joke -- an entity so in the tank for the White House it ruled as mostly true that "Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president..."
VA Pushes Back Against PolitiFact, Shows Other States the Way

But, hey, you can be reliably counted on......well, you know the rest.

Are you claiming that their verbatim quote of what our president actually said is incorrect?

Maybe you can cut and paste off of Breitbart and see what they say

Are you referring to these exact words?

These words?

Are these the ones you're willing to swear he didn't say?

Or he said but didn't mean?

Make up your mind.

OMG!.....did I accuse you of having a MIND?????

"...twist his words..."

These words?

You post more and more like Daveman every day

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D7KMAX-H4U]You like me! - YouTube[/ame]

I believe that this would be an appropriate place to introduce a little exercise in logic....

1. In his Roanoke Moment, President Obama said the following:
"If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...nt-build-that/

You left off the antecedent of "that". A pronoun is almost meaningless without its antecedent.
Liar.

No she didn't.

Third grade grammar lesson: (5 points total)

"If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

1. What is the antecedent of that in the first sentence? (2 points)

2. What is the antecedent of that in the second sentence? (3 points)

Here's what he said (from here):
whitehouse.gov said:
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
...all will agree that the import, the meaning of the statement is that every successful business owes that success to everyone else...
That may be what we all understood but the next day he announced that wasn't what he meant; he told everyone the word "that" in "you didn't build that" was not referring to the "business" but rather to the "roads and bridges". So what he now says he meant to say was--
whitehouse.gov said:
...If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build roads and bridges. Somebody else made roads and bridges happen...
--which is even goofier. He'll probably change it again when he finds out that virtually all roads and bridges are build by private construction businesses.

yes, I added my own post on another thread as to the semantic circumlocutions you'd have to go thru to make obamas comments come out the way he is NOW trying to spin them.

"Business" is more proximate to the pronoun "that" and therefore its more likely antecedent. The Truth Team's interpretation is ungrammatical. "Roads and bridges" is plural; "that" is singular. If the Team is right about Obama's meaning, he should have said, "You didn't build those."

Barack Obama is supposed to be the World's Greatest Orator, the smartest man in the world. Yet his campaign asks us to believe he is not even competent to construct a sentence.

;)
You Didn't Sweat, He Did - WSJ.com

add to that reading the whole quote in the 3 paragraphs including the subject matter in its entirety on the subject he spoke to, you cannot come away with any other take, he said , its exactly how he feels, but he knows he made a boo boo b y telling the truth in that context and now hes got to backtrack.

You're slippin' ol' timer:

'President Obama’s statement, made at a campaign rally in Virginia last weekend, that “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen”...'
Why Obama's 'you didn't build that' line may bite back - CSMonitor.com

Now....doesn't your post just prove what I said earlier, about you being the kind of reliable non-thinking supporter that the Left needs?

Good boy!

Wanna treat?

I realize you have a Masters Degree in cut and paste, but they should have taught you that when you highlight relevant text, you need to cover all relevant text not just the part that fits your twisted propaganda

." Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

…lush analytical framework…smashing crescendo…again, a fanatic’s ideology trumps his intellect…

Repeating deceptive editing does not make it any more accurate. Doesn't work for Daveman and it doesn't work for you

I believe that this would be an appropriate place to introduce a little exercise in logic....

1. In his Roanoke Moment, President Obama said the following:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...nt-build-that/

You left off the antecedent of "that". A pronoun is almost meaningless without its antecedent.
Liar.

No she didn't.

Missed the roads and bridges ...as in.....you didn't build that

Liar.

No she didn't.

I'll bet you drive over roads and bridges every day. You didn't build those.

Whoops.

Repeating deceptive editing does not make it any more accurate. Doesn't work for Daveman and it doesn't work for you

"editing"????

A conservative is never so tall as when she stoops to help a liberal....

editing present participle of ed·it (Verb)
Verb:
Prepare (written material) for publication by correcting, condensing, or otherwise modifying it.

So....we agree? I was "providing," not "editing."
And...what I provided.....as I am wont to do....is provide a totally accurate quote.
True?

Is it the language that you are having trouble with...or the thinking involved?

See...If I were a Liberal, I would have accused you of lying....

Aren't you inspired by the multifaceted instruction that I provide for you: political insight, language arts, and civility.....all at once!

You're welcome.

...its exactly how he feels, but he knows he made a boo boo b y telling the truth in that context and now hes got to backtrack.
--and his exact words reveal atrocious feelings:

whitehouse.gov said:
...If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive...

• Success requires action without waiting for help.
  • The American way of life is not unbelievable, it must be both believed and embraced.
  • Our thriving does not require permission from the system, our Creator gave us a right to pursue happiness that is basic to our very being.

...its exactly how he feels, but he knows he made a boo boo b y telling the truth in that context and now hes got to backtrack.
--and his exact words reveal atrocious feelings:

whitehouse.gov said:
...If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive...

• Success requires action without waiting for help.
  • The American way of life is not unbelievable, it must be both believed and embraced.
  • Our thriving does not require permission from the system, our Creator gave us a right to pursue happiness that is basic to our very being.

Fuzzy-guy....I see no revelation re: Obama and his beliefs....

...but when I read the post of his minions swearing that he didn't say what he said, I shake my head so rapidly, you could blend paint colors in my mouth….

They make lemmings look like cautious and careful thinkers.

Last edited:
Liar.

No she didn't.

Obviously, grammar escapes you.

Forum List

Back