Logic behind gay marriage

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I would like to hear some logical reasons for gay marriage.
I personally don't care, I just want to hear the logic for it
I don't care cliché emotional reasons
LOGICAL reasons

But I am talking about the supporting for it
I just do not see what logics are behind gay marriage
Another lefty emotional outrage to try and run this country, methinks..
But that is why I started this thread

As far as tax purposes goes it would be to benefit the family in case of adoption. And that's good for everyone because there are far more children in need of families than there are families to adopt them all. But you can get that with a civil union. I don't think the state she declare a "marriage" in the case of anyone. That is the role of churches. If a gay couple can find a church to declare their union a marriage then that's great for them. Same for a straight couple.

LOGICAL reasons

Actually the burden of proof lies with the state, in its desire to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law.

You should be seeking ‘logical’ reasons as to why the state should not obey the 14th Amendment.

As far as tax purposes goes it would be to benefit the family in case of adoption. And that's good for everyone because there are far more children in need of families than there are families to adopt them all. But you can get that with a civil union. I don't think the state she declare a "marriage" in the case of anyone. That is the role of churches. If a gay couple can find a church to declare their union a marriage then that's great for them. Same for a straight couple.

So them having equal tax purposes is enough?
What about the statistics that a kid being raised good equals a parent of both genders?
You know, equal opportunities and what not

LOGICAL reasons

Actually the burden of proof lies with the state, in its desire to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law.

You should be seeking ‘logical’ reasons as to why the state should not obey the 14th Amendment.

Care to elaborate?

What about the statistics that a kid being raised good equals a parent of both genders?

I could find just as many statistics as you have. Equal opportunities? Nobody has equal opportunities. Some people live in and out of foster homes, some people live with only 1 parent, some people live with 2 heterosexual parents, and some live with 2 parents of the same gender. It's all about what you make of yourself. And the kid with 2 same sex, loving, parents that support them is far better off than the one who grows up with no parents, in and out of orphanages, no family support, etc...

As for tax purposes that and rights such as visitation, inheritance, etc. should be the only responsibilities that the state has in regards to any unions. Marriage vows should be between you and whatever your higher power may be. State licenses are just a piece of paper.

LOGICAL reasons

Because there is no logical reason not to allow it.

My point exactly
There is not any "logical" reasoning for it to happen..
It is an emotional plea
Which is most of the lefts arguments

LOGICAL reasons

My point exactly
It is an emotional plea

I think you misunderstood. I support SSM, and I believe there is no logical reason why it shouldn't be allowed.
Its not an emotional plea, its about equal rights being denied for no reason.

I could find just as many statistics as you have. Equal opportunities? Nobody has equal opportunities. Some people live in and out of foster homes, some people live with only 1 parent, some people live with 2 heterosexual parents, and some live with 2 parents of the same gender. It's all about what you make of yourself. And the kid with 2 same sex, loving, parents that support them is far better off than the one who grows up with no parents, in and out of orphanages, no family support, etc...

As for tax purposes that and rights such as visitation, inheritance, etc. should be the only responsibilities that the state has in regards to any unions. Marriage vows should be between you and whatever your higher power may be. State licenses are just a piece of paper.

That is the way their life goes..
Some people have it better,,
That is the way it always been, and always will be
But I don't see any "logical" reasoning for your argument
Like I said, I am for it, so the arguments might be hard lol
How does a kid with 2 same views, help them in the long run?

My point exactly
It is an emotional plea

I think you misunderstood. I support SSM, and I believe there is no logical reason why it shouldn't be allowed.

Liberalism is 80% emotional
NO logic
What is your point?
Because my point is they lack logic
Why wouldn't they be denied?
What logical reasoning should tyhey have to get married?
That us what I am trying to understand
Thgey try to run the country off emotions, and that is NOT GOOD POLICY

My point exactly
It is an emotional plea

NO logic
What is your point?

What logical reason is there to deny them the right to get married?

That is the answer to your question.

That is the way their life goes..
Some people have it better,,
That is the way it always been, and always will be
But I don't see any "logical" reasoning for your argument
Like I said, I am for it, so the arguments might be hard lol
How does a kid with 2 same views, help them in the long run?

What do you mean? I would argue 2 same sex parents, the monetary and emotional support they provide, the love that they give, would be pretty beneficial. What is illogical about gay people being allowed to enter unions that give them financial and social benefits that help them in managing a family?

My point exactly
It is an emotional plea

NO logic
What is your point?

Alright I'm starting to not understand wtf you're talking about. Are you against gay people having the right to marry?

Forum List

Back