Logging on/off

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
Hiya -- I got hit with a virus (a worm, actually, since I was able to save a lot of stuff), but I notice that I've been logged on here for over 24 hours, even though my system has been turned off/on a number of times, including overnight.

Not that I mind, but why did that happen?

Hiya -- I got hit with a virus (a worm, actually, since I was able to save a lot of stuff), but I notice that I've been logged on here for over 24 hours, even though my system has been turned off/on a number of times, including overnight.

The worm allowed me to get your password to USMB, so I logged in as you.

You could never be me. :eusa_angel:

You could never be me. :eusa_angel:

That's why I didn't post using your screen name. I couldn't turn my brain off long enough. :lol:

The system is going to show you logged on for a set time no matter what you do, whether you are actually logged in or not. You simply have never noticed it before.

If that helps.

Get rid of IE, and you won't see any more worms or viruses, by the way.

Anytime there is a discussion where both "logging" and "worms" are brought up, it makes me think of this:

mebendazole_structure.jpg

The system is going to show you logged on for a set time no matter what you do, whether you are actually logged in or not. You simply have never noticed it before.

If that helps.

Get rid of IE, and you won't see any more worms or viruses, by the way.

So many weird things happened, I wouldn't know where to start. Once I got the system restored, had to go to a full restore and I assumed I would have lost everything, I did try to install Firefox thereafter instead of IE, but it only took me so far, then I got some error message (that was 3 days ago). I've since discovered I didn't lose everything after all, so I'm going to try Firefox again.

As for the "log-in" question, one of my common mistakes is X-ing out of this board thinking I would be brought to whatever I'm looking for (sometimes in my mailbox), and it X-s out everything, taking me back to my desktop. So I log on again, and each time need to re-log on to USMB too. That happens within 30-60 seconds.

And when I just logged on here about 5 minutes ago, I was still logged on from yesterday.
:confused:

Forum List

Back