Lockerbie Bomber Freed From Prison on Compassionate Grounds

I agree you should be allowed to be with family when dying, we should have flowenhis family thier then shot the prick

Americans should boycott Scotland and England. No travel no vacation.

There's a lot of doubt that this bloke actually committed the crime.

Now before I get rounded on. The crime was abhorrent. I spoke to a Scottish copper who moved here not long after the event. He told me about going to the scene and what his colleagues, who had got there sooner, had witnessed. I won't go into detail.

So, the crime was unspeakably abhorrent.

Put that aside. There is a considerably body of doubt about the reliability of the conviction and that has been building for some time. The scapegoat argument has some power to it, given that Libya isn't exactly a bastion of liberal democracy.

Anyway, there's another question. Assume there is no doubt at all about the conviction. Assume that the bomber - who has always denied guilt - admits he did it. Now he's got terminal cancer. Should he be released to die with his relatives or should be remain in prison to die?

There's a lot of doubt that this bloke actually committed the crime.

Now before I get rounded on. The crime was abhorrent. I spoke to a Scottish copper who moved here not long after the event. He told me about going to the scene and what his colleagues, who had got there sooner, had witnessed. I won't go into detail.

So, the crime was unspeakably abhorrent.

Put that aside. There is a considerably body of doubt about the reliability of the conviction and that has been building for some time. The scapegoat argument has some power to it, given that Libya isn't exactly a bastion of liberal democracy.

Anyway, there's another question. Assume there is no doubt at all about the conviction. Assume that the bomber - who has always denied guilt - admits he did it. Now he's got terminal cancer. Should he be released to die with his relatives or should be remain in prison to die?

Ya know we have a woman who was in a gang, called the Manson gang. I"m sure you've heard of the Tate LaBianca murders.. Yep, this woman is dying with brain cancer and she has asked to be released.. The answer is no lady.. Sharon Tate begged for compassion, to be allowed to live to give birth to her baby.. No lady you shall die in prison.

Disgusting.

That mudering punk ought to have died in chains in a deep dark dungeon.

Americans should boycott Scotland and England. No travel no vacation.

Why England? The English had nothing to do with this decision.

something about striking oil deals and brown writing letters..

here from the comments section

Added: Saturday, 22 August, 2009, 09:49 GMT 10:49 UK

The idea that this was a Scottish government decision alone is total nonsense, both Holyrood and Whitehall would have managing this event given we now know Mr Brown was writing letters to Libyan officials and today we have the predictable denials from the Foreign Office that this release was not part of greasing our trade links, well I'm afraid I beg to differ!, those killed aboard PAN-AM 103 have been sold out on Justice & by an equally pathetic spineless governments,

Added: Saturday, 22 August, 2009, 09:49 GMT 10:49 UK

"Col Gaddafi also praised Gordon Brown, the Queen and Prince Andrew for encouraging the Scottish Government." [BBC]

Last edited:
lots and lots of anti American hatred. the messiah hasn't changed a thing. 189 innocent Americans murdered, the libyans rejoice and the uk sct. and austback them up.. can you say BP?

dded: Saturday, 22 August, 2009, 02:41 GMT 03:41 UK

With "allies" like this, who needs enemies?

There is no shock and dismay from me. Having lived abroad with Brits for nearly a year, I am fully versed in the extreme dislike that most Brits have for Americans and America in general. It's about time my people finally realize it.

Here's a big Bronx Cheer from a Yank.

This from ky News:

"Speaking on Libyan television, Seif al Islam claimed Britain's then prime minister, Tony Blair, raised Megrahi's case each time he visited Libya.

'In all commercial contracts, for oil and gas with Britain, (Megrahi) was always on the negotiating table,' Islam told channel Al Mutawassit."

Congratulations! Your country prostituted lady justice out and played you like a bunch of rubes. "Compassion" my big toe! All of you just got h-a-d.

Mike H, D.C., United States

Last edited:
lots and lots of anti American hatred. the messiah hasn't changed a thing. 189 innocent Americans murdered, the libyans rejoice and the uk sct. and austback them up.. can you say BP?

There is no shock and dismay from me. Having lived abroad with Brits for nearly a year, I am fully versed in the extreme dislike that most Brits have for Americans and America in general. It's about time my people finally realize it.

As far as I know there's no official comment from the Australian government.

I know of none either, I'm quoting the citizen man

Gordon Brown is a Scot. He is detested by the English and will be gone by May next year. Good riddance to him.

You mean me?

If so then I must remind myself not to be so nuanced in future,

By the way you do know how many people were killed in the plane and on the ground don't you?

Or perhaps you don't give a fuck.

You mean me?

If so then I must remind myself not to be so nuanced in future,

By the way you do know how many people were killed in the plane and on the ground don't you?

Or perhaps you don't give a fuck.

Try to follow along before you get all high and mighty and pissy.. I posted a link to the comments section of the paper,, then I posted several quotes.. and yes I have an idea of how many died, 189 americans 81 scotsmen and I personally don't give a shit about the nationality of those who died, it could have been little green men from mars for all I care. the fact is it seems that the UK struck a deal with the devil for oil,, and the citizenry of these three countries of the UK seem to be anti American or anit little green men from mars. that is all

This from ky News:

"Speaking on Libyan television, Seif al Islam claimed Britain's then prime minister, Tony Blair, raised Megrahi's case each time he visited Libya.

'In all commercial contracts, for oil and gas with Britain, (Megrahi) was always on the negotiating table,' Islam told channel Al Mutawassit."

Congratulations! Your country prostituted lady justice out and played you like a bunch of rubes. "Compassion" my big toe! All of you just got h-a-d.

Written by a Brit hater? I hope so. Else why are our young men dying in the shit of Afghanistan fighting alongside the USA. Yes, right...who needs allies like this!

This from ky News:

Written by a Brit hater? I hope so. Else why are our young men dying in the shit of Afghanistan fighting alongside the USA. Yes, right...who needs allies like this!

follow the link I posted and read the comments then you come tell me! that's fair.

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=6897&edition=2&ttl=20090822140616

Last edited:

Forum List

Back