Local Residents Support Black Family Harrassed At Camping Grounds

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Heard about this yesterday. I've camped at this same site for the past 15 or so years. I dated a few girls from the area when I was younger so I knew it was in a county known for racism even though I have never actually witnessed it myself. Looks like the local residents (who have always been nothing but nice to me and my family) are supporting this Black family and raising funds so they will come back.

Man who allegedly terrorized African-American campers faces criminal charges

Organizer Shera Johnson, a Grass Valley, Calif. resident, was shocked when she heard about what had happened at the campground and wants to prove Nevada County is a welcoming place.

"Let's bring these people back. They're kind of nervous to come back to our community and I get that," Johnson said. "But in 2016 when they bring their family back, they're going to have a totally different experience."

Last edited:
What a shame. Unfortunately, when you get away from the coastal areas, some areas of California can have some pretty dicey people.
Looks like this family broke my golden rule. Bring your steel when you go camping, hiking, fishing, or any place that is off the beaten path in case you need to clap someone. Looks like they also let the situation escalate by "taking the higher road". Doing that only emboldens ferals.

What a shame. Unfortunately, when you get away from the coastal areas, some areas of California can have some pretty dicey people.
Looks like this family broke my golden rule. Bring your steel when you go camping, hiking, fishing, or any place that is off the beaten path in case you need to clap someone. Looks like they also let the situation escalate by "taking the higher road". Doing that only emboldens ferals.
I think they won by taking the High Road. The entire town is on their side now.

I think they won by taking the High Road. The entire town is on their side now.
I dont see how that helps with the trauma of going through the experience and seeing a grandmother with cuts and bruises to her face after falling down trying to run. If someone had nipped it in the bud earlier this would have never happened.

The whole incident is just a big misunderstanding.

The man thought it was a pack of Sasquatch and was just trying to scare them away. ..... :cool:
Actually he knew they were Black. He called them "fucking *******". If he thought they were a pack of Sasquatch he would have thought they were just part of his family. :cool-45:

Last edited:
Yes, this still happens in America, and people like Sunni and others on this board encourage it. Such people are a shame to our nation.

To me, if something are someone does not being anything good to your picture, why have anything more to do with it/them?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Its like dealing with a bee. If you do not bother it, your chances of not being bothered in return will only increase which may be the reason why I still have yet to be stung by anything after 33 years on this planet. :) :) :)

Heard about this yesterday. I've camped at this same site for the past 15 or so years. I dated a few girls from the area when I was younger so I knew it was in a county known for racism even though I have never actually witnessed it myself. Looks like the local residents (who have always been nothing but nice to me and my family) are supporting this Black family and raising funds so they will come back.

Organizer Shera Johnson, a Grass Valley, Calif. resident, was shocked when she heard about what had happened at the campground and wants to prove Nevada County is a welcoming place.

"Let's bring these people back. They're kind of nervous to come back to our community and I get that," Johnson said. "But in 2016 when they bring their family back, they're going to have a totally different experience."

Great post! I have been to Grass Valley many times and never encountered such blatant racist aggression. I often wondered , though, about the history of Placerville, an adjoining community in gold county whiich is "affectionately" known as Hang Town!

Still, the residents of Grass Valley showed what liberalism is all about
by rallying publicly to support the victims. In all likely hood they were Democrats. I could never fathom conservative Republicans doing such a thing.

But looking at the news video, It seems that Grass Valley still is virtually all White. I wonder why that is!

Great post! I have been to Grass Valley many times and never encountered such blatant racist aggression. I often wondered , though, about the history of Placerville, an adjoining community in gold county whiich is "affectionately" known as Hang Town!

Still, the residents of Grass Valley showed what liberalism is all about
by rallying publicly to support the victims. In all likely hood they were Democrats. I could never fathom conservative Republicans doing such a thing.

But looking at the news video, It seems that Grass Valley still is virtually all White. I wonder why that is!
The area is a hot bed for the KKK. Thats why I was pleasantly surprised at this gesture. Some of the girls I dated that lived in Placerville, Grass Valley and Nevada City confirmed this.

I dated a bunch of girls from that that area too and they all said there is no racism in that area, but they did complain about some creepy negro that was always trying to ask them out

Black people don't camp, unless it's in front of Nike store waiting for some new shoe

More like this
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I have never seen blacks at a campsite. I think it's just not their "thing."

Why Is Camping a White Thing? A Few Wild Theories
Not enough room to back an Escalade in at the campground.
It's a generational, post-1960's, great society cultural thing. Like baseball.
Camping conjures images of Huck Finn's Jim. Have to erase and rewrite all history and create a new superficial image based on the phony.

Forum List

Back