Local official is a Minutemen member: Instant hysteria, lies, screaming!

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Looks like some local official in Kansas City MO is a member of the Minutemen. The reaction from others? Why, hysteria, screaming, lies, "racist", "vigilante", "Off with her head"... all the usual hogwash we expect from the pro-illegal faction. Except that many of the screamers are also KCM officials of various kinds.

I especially liked the part where the hysterics declare that "Semler will likely be a divisive force in our community." No, not the people doing the actual lying and screaming, they're not the "divisive" ones, of course not.

Looks like KCM is getting the government they deserve.

---------------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56184

Parks commish condemned for Minuteman involvement
Kansas City councilwoman says border group 'one step from KKK'

Posted: June 15, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

by Bob Unruh
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A newly appointed parks commissioner in Kansas City, Mo., is being condemned by the city council for being part of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps – which wants to secure the American border against unauthorized individuals, military and contraband.

"This is one step from the KKK," city council member Beth Gottstein told the Kansas City Star. "My world is totally rocked by this. We fight this every day. I am grieving for my friends in the Hispanic community."

Frances Semler, 73, was appointed to the city position just recently. This week she attended her first meeting of the group assigned to acquire, build, develop and maintain parks. And after the controversy erupted, she offered Mayor Mark Funkhouser her resignation, but he declined.

"I told her to hang in here," he said.

Semler declined to elaborate on the situation for WND right now. "I don't want to say anything at this point. This is really a divisive thing. Let's let it cool down a while," she told WND.

Hispanic, Jewish and black community leaders are outraged because the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps is a group that opposes illegal immigration. There have been accusations that it is a hate group that encourages violent vigilantism, but officials with the organization told WND that is not correct.

A protest rally included members of the Coalition of Hispanic Organizations, the NAACP, the Jewish Community Relations Bureau and others. Rev. Nelson Thompson said there Semler's appointment was a mayoral "lapse" in judgment and accused the Minuteman group of having a history of violence, terrorism and hate.

The turbulence resulted in a hastily prepared resolution approved by the city council, which asks Semler to resign or the mayor recommend her removal.

The resolution notes that "without the confidence of elected officials of the City and the residents of the City the Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners cannot be effective in its mission" and "Semler will likely be a divisive force in our community."

"Be it resolved by the council of Kansas City: Section 1. That the Council respectfully request Parks and Recreation Commissioner Frances Semler recognize the potential for community distrust … and respectfully requests her resignation," the resolution said.

"Section 2. That if Parks and Recreation Commissioner Frances Semler does not resign within one week of the passage of this resolution, that the Mayor, in accordance with section 1001(b) of the City Charter is requested to recommend to the Council the removal of Commissioner Semler from the Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners," it continued.

It was passed on a 9-2 vote, with two members abstaining.

But an acquaintance, who is involved with the Mid-America Immigration Reform Coalition, said Semler is being attacked unfairly for participating in an organization many view as patriotic and necessary, given the estimated 12-20 million illegal aliens within the U.S. border now, and the impact that segment of the population has on society.

"I have never seen this sort of hysterical reaction, and more, it's defamation," Joyce Mucci told WND. "It's an extraordinary thing that is happening in Kansas City."

She said one leader of the group opposing Semler publicly worried on a radio talk show that "she was afraid Frances is somehow going to detain people in the parks."

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

damn.. thats a helluva overreaction.

I dont think that the minutemen were created with racism in mind so much as securing the southern border. Also, I've never heard of minutemen lynching anyone, burning pinata's or harassing latinos....

I would not compare hooded sheets, burning crosses and torches with lawn chairs, sunscreen and binoculars.

I dont think that the minutemen were created with racism in mind so much as securing the southern border. Also, I've never heard of minutemen lynching anyone, burning pinata's or harassing latinos....

I would not compare hooded sheets, burning crosses and torches with lawn chairs, sunscreen and binoculars.

Unfortunately, the Minutemen, simply by the intent of their mission, will attract some people of questionable beliefs. I agree that their creation was not based on a racist message, but, unless they carefully screen their members, it would be inevitable that a few bigots would get through.

As someone who supports the Minutemen but would not join because I take their request not to have "racists" in the ranks seriously, what I think is sometimes missed is that ANYONE who wants to secure America is deemd a "racist" by the system. So it's almost a wash. You might as well say what I think is the real issue: the war on white people, of which open borders is a big part.

Conservatives keep getting pushed around because they hesistate to head for the core of the matter: race. If you're tired of dancing around, embrace the idea that what's really going on is the displacement and dispossession of white people, and that we have every right to fight back and secure our own peace, as a people. It's HARD, yes, but liberating.

As someone who supports the Minutemen but would not join because I take their request not to have "racists" in the ranks seriously, what I think is sometimes missed is that ANYONE who wants to secure America is deemd a "racist" by the system. So it's almost a wash. You might as well say what I think is the real issue: the war on white people, of which open borders is a big part.

Conservatives keep getting pushed around because they hesistate to head for the core of the matter: race. If you're tired of dancing around, embrace the idea that what's really going on is the displacement and dispossession of white people, and that we have every right to fight back and secure our own peace, as a people. It's HARD, yes, but liberating.

When the goal of an "immigration bill" is to encourage criminals from another country and another race to dilute the power of the aveage white American, who are the real bigots and racists ?

Unfortunately, the Minutemen, simply by the intent of their mission, will attract some people of questionable beliefs.
That's true, we do. You should see some of the fruitcakes who show up.

I agree that their creation was not based on a racist message, but, unless they carefully screen their members, it would be inevitable that a few bigots would get through.
Which is exactly why we DO screen our membership carefully, and refuse the ones with any racist leanings . Such people are actually not hard to detect. People who are racist enough to want to join the Minutemen just to "keep down" Hispanics or whomever, are racist enough to leave a pretty loud public trail. We bluntly turn down their applications.

Might a few slip through? Yes, it's possible. But they form a very small fraction of our membership, and they don't last long if they start acting on their bigotry.

LA, I hope you did not misinterpret my post. I have no problem with what it is the Minutemen are doing and I respect and applaud their efforts.

LA, I hope you did not misinterpret my post. I have no problem with what it is the Minutemen are doing and I respect and applaud their efforts.

Me too. I think the chances of 'bad apples' trying to join up are real. The are too in policework, teaching, and politics. For the first two there are 'tests' that are designed to keep power crazed or pedophiles from being hired, but we know those 'safeguards' often fail. That doesn't mean that we should outlaw police or teachers, rather the systems get rid of them as soon as they can. I'd assume the Minutemen do the same, though they probably don't have the vetting codified.

Forum List

Back