Local Dems have words of their own for Coulter

sitarro said:
And J ass end or f cries out.....
:baby::cry: :cry: :cry: "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's not fair! A strong, witty, genius writer, very feminine, gun loving, conservative woman and all we have is a bunch of screeching dimwits!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Calm down j, everything will be OK...........well, not for you guys.

President Bush showed how fearless he is by going directly to Baghdad to assure the Iraqis that just because our Democrats act and talk like pussies, the United States will stick with you guys.... Rove didn't get indicted, Al Gore is still a clown, Howie Dean is still out of control and on the verge of a nervous breakdown, Nancy Palosi still can't close her eyes, John Kerry is saying that he shouldn't have made the one decent vote of his lousy career, Hillary is still wondering who Bill is messing around with right now, Chucky Schummer is so out of touch that he is making a mockery of himself........

but don't worry little j, just go to sleep.....lull-a-by and goodnight, little j ass end or f........:happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :baby4:

It's been a rough week for them, we should cut some slack here:D

Bonnie said:
Why, who decides whats acceptable. You can be turned off all you like by her writing, but she is right when she says liberals exploit victims for their causes, and that's deemed righteous, but let someone like Coulter call them on it and she's vile, on top of which you, who have posted on occasion your dislike for Newsmax because you claim they take words out of context, now, make excuses for the same because it suits you.... How intellectually vacant!!!!!!!!

They couldn't possibly really believe in their cause, huh? No one says she has to agree with their positions. I'm not sure if I agree with all of their positions. But Annie's hatred of anyone who disagrees with her is venemous. She's an opportunist who lies and exaggerates to sell books. She's morally bankrupt.

And the right uses victims for its own purposes every time 9/11 is conjured as a justification for government abuses, whether its holding people without charges in Gitmo, or wiretapping our own citizens or violating the FISA laws.

I don't think anyone should be taken out of context, even Annie Coulter. You are 100% correct there. But I posted the actual quote. It isn't particularly different from the other. And I still believe there isn't any context that makes a quote like that acceptable.

jillian said:
They couldn't possibly really believe in their cause, huh? No one says she has to agree with their positions. I'm not sure if I agree with all of their positions. But Annie's hatred of anyone who disagrees with her is venemous. She's an opportunist who lies and exaggerates to sell books. She's morally bankrupt.

And the right uses victims for its own purposes every time 9/11 is conjured as a justification for government abuses, whether its holding people without charges in Gitmo, or wiretapping our own citizens or violating the FISA laws.

I don't think anyone should be taken out of context, even Annie Coulter. You are 100% correct there. But I posted the actual quote. It isn't particularly different from the other. And I still believe there isn't any context that makes a quote like that acceptable.

Yeah, right. I think I just saw in this very thread how Franken is an icon of virtue, and now you are saying Coulter lies and exaggerates.

Bullshit. Air Americastan does the lying and exaggerating. Coulter may not be the most tactful thing to come around, but she pretty-much hits the truth head on.

And y'all could REALLY get off the "the right uses 9/11 ..." rant. It's always lefties regurgitating THAT.

You can attempt to defend the left all you want, but the fact remains that while she probably could have been a bit more tactful, her statement is true.

jillian said:

The GOP needed a cue-ball Carville like the dems so they got Ann. I think she's holding up her end of the deal pretty well!

dilloduck said:
The GOP needed a cue-ball Carville like the dems so they got Ann. I think she's holding up her end of the deal pretty well!

I don't think it's an accurate analogy. No question the Ragin' Cajun can be ascerbic. But he's not a liar. Coulter is. Just what I've observed. Plus, she HATES anyone who disagrees with her. You can't say the same about Carville... he's even sleeping with the enemy. ;)

jillian said:
I don't think it's an accurate analogy. No question the Ragin' Cajun can be ascerbic. But he's not a liar. Coulter is. Just what I've observed. Plus, she HATES anyone who disagrees with her. You can't say the same about Carville... he's even sleeping with the enemy. ;)

ya--they got a truce going on for now but Cueball will lie, cheat steal and bribe to get his guy elected. Who you kidding?? He even rents out his "skills" to other countries !

jillian said:

I think the issue here is who is an dis not a liar, and this can go on forever. Conservatives don't think Coulter is a liar because we agree with her on most issues. You think she's a liar because you have your liberal (and incorrect) viewpoint.

Not that I'm above calling people "liar," but I personally believe that calling someone a liar simply for believing other than I do, no matter how incorrect I feel it is, is wrong.

For instance, I haven't called you a liar. But I think you're misguided as Hell.

jillian said:

Oh Jillian, Jillian, come on now Carville is like a snake oil saleman. :poke: don't even try that one here:D Mary Matalin is his only saving grace in this world.

Lets agree that we often don't like people we staunchly disagree with and we even call them a name or two from time to time, but lets also agree that Coulter has the right of free speech and lets also agree that the LEFT is just as venomous, and hateful, and has been especially since Bush assumed the Presidency. Just because Coulter doesn't tip toe thru the daisys doesn't automatically make her a liar, she must be hitting a raw nerve with this book, otherwise there would not be this much broo ha ha over it.

sitarro said:
And J ass end or f cries out.....
:baby::cry: :cry: :cry: "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's not fair! A strong, witty, genius writer, very feminine, gun loving, conservative woman and all we have is a bunch of screeching dimwits!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Calm down j, everything will be OK...........well, not for you guys.

President Bush showed how fearless he is by going directly to Baghdad to assure the Iraqis that just because our Democrats act and talk like pussies, the United States will stick with you guys.... Rove didn't get indicted, Al Gore is still a clown, Howie Dean is still out of control and on the verge of a nervous breakdown, Nancy Palosi still can't close her eyes, John Kerry is saying that he shouldn't have made the one decent vote of his lousy career, Hillary is still wondering who Bill is messing around with right now, Chucky Schummer is so out of touch that he is making a mockery of himself........

but don't worry little j, just go to sleep.....lull-a-by and goodnight, little j ass end or f........:happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :baby4:

Child.

dilloduck said:

You're equating Ann Westboro Coulter to Carville? Now I know you guys have lost it.

Bonnie said:
Oh Jillian, Jillian, come on now Carville is like a snake oil saleman. :poke: don't even try that one here:D Mary Matalin is his only saving grace in this world.

Lets agree that we often don't like people we staunchly disagree with and we even call them a name or two from time to time, but lets also agree that Coulter has the right of free speech and lets also agree that the LEFT is just as venomous, and hateful, and has been especially since Bush assumed the Presidency. Just because Coulter doesn't tip toe thru the daisys doesn't automatically make her a liar, she must be hitting a raw nerve with this book, otherwise there would not be this much broo ha ha over it.

Actually, I don't agree with your premise. I have friends who are conservative. I don't lump people into "camps". And I find that folk on the right are much quicker to do the name-calling thing. I also think that's the result of two decades of the Rush Limbaugh school of debate. I also find folk who are center and left of center much more willing to criticize folk on their own side of their aisle than people on the right. I think, if you look at this board, alone, you will see much meaner-spirited posts by right-leaners, though not all. There are people on the right like musicman and joz with whom one can have a discussion and disagree and there are those who are just simply nasty to anyone who doesn't see the world as they do.

I don't use the term liar for just anyone who disagrees with me, though that has been done to me by right-wingers, even in this forum. I call Annie a liar because she has been proven to intentionally distort and mislead and it isn't because of ignorance....she's bright enough; just a hateful ugly person. And don't think that means she's struck a nerve, sometimes it just means someone is an awful person.

*Edit* On a final note, I was a mod on a board that had a fair number of people on both the left and right. Then Drudge mentioned the Board on his site and we got all the Drudge-sludge whose sole purpose was to destroy what was actually a fairly nice, balanced, community of people. Frankly, we didn't even have mods til they came over....

I think what has happened over the last six years is that people are just more and more divided and those divisions go to the core of who we are and how we see this country and what it is and what we *think* it should be.

jillian said:

I am a Cajun, my parents are Cajuns and all 4 of my grandparents were Cajun just as their parents were.........James Carville is not only an embarrassment to Louisiana in general, he is no Cajun, I bet he doesn't even know how to make a Gumbo. His accent is awful and he is from Baton Rouge(went to LSU), what would he know about being a Cajun.......A "Ragin' Cajun" is a student from the University of Louisiana in Lafayette(formerly The University of Southwestern Louisiana, where I went to school).

It is a lot like the fad of putting some chili pepper on something and calling it Cajun, bullshit! Carville is a shrill asshole of a guy that looks like he should be a fixture on a Mardi Gras float. He couldn't make it as a clerk for Ms. Coulter. Acerbic is a good word to describe him, it's usually because he has no argument. He doesn't lie?????? If his mouth is open he is probably lying, after all the biggest liar in Presidential history(yes, including Nixon)Bill Clinton(Slick Willie) used him for his own personal pitt bull. Bill only surrounded himself with people that could at least lie well enough to cover his fat ass.

Watch for Carlin to try to bully Ann on Leno tonight(just like Carville would) because he knows he's got nothing on her and if he gives her a chance to actually speak she'll make him look like an ass with no knowledge what so ever. Leno, the pussy he is, will just let him.

sitarro said:
I am a Cajun, my parents are Cajuns and all 4 of my grandparents were Cajun just as their parents were.........James Carville is not only an embarrassment to Louisiana in general, he is no Cajun, I bet he doesn't even know how to make a Gumbo. His accent is awful and he is from Baton Rouge(went to LSU), what would he know about being a Cajun.......A "Ragin' Cajun" is a student from the University of Louisiana in Lafayette(formerly The University of Southwestern Louisiana, where I went to school).

It is a lot like the fad of putting some chili pepper on something and calling it Cajun, bullshit! Carville is a shrill asshole of a guy that looks like he should be a fixture on a Mardi Gras float. He couldn't make it as a clerk for Ms. Coulter. Acerbic is a good word to describe him, it's usually because he has no argument. He doesn't lie?????? If his mouth is open he is probably lying, after all the biggest liar in Presidential history(yes, including Nixon)Bill Clinton(Slick Willie) used him for his own personal pitt bull. Bill only surrounded himself with people that could at least lie well enough to cover his fat ass.

Watch for Carlin to try to bully Ann on Leno tonight(just like Carville would) because he knows he's got nothing on her and if he gives her a chance to actually speak she'll make him look like an ass with no knowledge what so ever. Leno, the pussy he is, will just let him.
There are 12 logical fallacies in your post.

Pulitzer Prize Winner Jane Smiley Says Ann Coulter’s Parents Should Be Ashamed
Posted by Noel Sheppard on June 8, 2006 - 10:52.

Ann Coulter become the left’s public enemy number one. After all, it’s been quite a feeding frenzy this week following the release of her new book. It’s almost like the title was “Mein Kampf” instead of “Godless: The Church of Liberalism.”

The most recent member of the left to take shots at Coulter was Pulitzer Prize winning author Jane Smiley in a blog post at HuffnPuff. Smiley took a different tact than most by never actually naming the target of her attack. Maybe most despicably, Smiley also went after Coulter's parents for doing a poor job of child rearing.

The animus in this piece began early: “American history is filled with people who have used hateful words to enrich themselves and to destroy others who were quite often weaker or more vulnerable than themselves."

Ann know how to make libs flip out - tell the truth about them

sitarro said:

I loved Cajun country. Dunno about the gumbo, but I really loved the rice and beans with anduille sausage. You have a recipe?

I can see where you wouldn't like Carville. But that doesn't mean Coulter hasn't gone out of her way to lower the tone of discussion in this country. I've suspected that she hates Democrats (all of whom she lumps in with the term "liberal") more than she hates terrorists.

As for the Leno show tonight, if you consider standing up to Annie's hate-speech as "bullying", then I suppose that's what Carlin will do. But if you spew the type of hateful, baseless garbage she does, you have to step up to the plate and take the responses. Should make for interesting television though.

Forum List

Back