Local Dems have words of their own for Coulter

acludem said:
Ann Coulter can't hold a candle to Al Franken. Al doesn't go out of his way to attack his opposition personally and frankly, neither does Michael Moore. You don't hear Michael Moore and Al Franken referring to all Conservatives as "traitors" or "anti-America". This is what Ann Coulter does. Her books are full of sweeping generalizations made with shady-at-best evidence.

Sorry, I don't find anorexic looking, hate-spewing women attractive. That's not to say there aren't attractive conservative women out there, IMHO, Ann ain't one of 'em.

If you want to see several examples of Ann Coulter's lies, just pick up the book "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them" By Al Franken. He and his group of researches give you a blow-by-blow (I know using the words "blow" and "Ann Coulter" in the same sentence might be too much for some of you) account of how Ann Coulter lies through her "endnotes".

acludem

You couldn't be more full of shit.

Al Franken made a big fucking deal out of the the fact that Ann Coulter said they had met socially and were "friendly" towards each other. I mean, can you imagine being any more petty than that? That he would REQUIRE Ann Coulter to correct the fact that they had met in social situations and hadn't clawed each others eyes out?

And I'm sorry, but I've read all the crap about how Ann uses Lexus-Nexus and her supposed use of end notes as some kind of way to lie. Gimme a fucking break. This woman has every single sentence she writes scrunitized to such an extent that if a frigging comma is out of place she is villified for it.

And I find it very hypocritical that her detractors use even worse tactics than they accuse her of using.

Ann mistook a man's grandfather for his father in one of her books. When she wrote a column about that mistake she made a very good point: She made a mistake, she mistook a man's grandfather for his father. But her detractors presented it as if there was no connection between the three men at all. They said she lied. Period. No mention was made of the fact that the man she said was this mans father was actually his grandfather. Do you get that? What she did was an honest mistake and she corrected it. What they did was out and out lie about her.

acludem said:
Ann Coulter can't hold a candle to Al Franken. Al doesn't go out of his way to attack his opposition personally and frankly, neither does Michael Moore. You don't hear Michael Moore and Al Franken referring to all Conservatives as "traitors" or "anti-America". This is what Ann Coulter does. Her books are full of sweeping generalizations made with shady-at-best evidence.

Sorry, I don't find anorexic looking, hate-spewing women attractive. That's not to say there aren't attractive conservative women out there, IMHO, Ann ain't one of 'em.

If you want to see several examples of Ann Coulter's lies, just pick up the book "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them" By Al Franken. He and his group of researches give you a blow-by-blow (I know using the words "blow" and "Ann Coulter" in the same sentence might be too much for some of you) account of how Ann Coulter lies through her "endnotes".

acludem

:eek2:

You should have just left us guessing whether or not you actually are beyond hope instead of confirming it for us.

Im looking foward to the Coulter-Carlin duel coming up :)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Tonight" host Jay Leno might want to consider wearing referee stripes on Wednesday's show when Ann Coulter and George Carlin are his guests.

Coulter, the acid-tongued conservative with a new book out, and Carlin, the quick-witted, antiestablishment comedian who's in the voice cast for the new animated film "Cars," were booked at separate times for the NBC late-nighter, a spokeswoman said Monday.

But the duo's meeting could produce serious fireworks for "Tonight," which usually limits its political fodder to Leno's bipartisan monologue jokes.

Coulter, author of "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," has drawn fire for attacking the four New Jersey widows who pushed for an independent commission to investigate the Sept. 11 World Trade Center attacks in which their husbands died.

In her book, Coulter accuses the women of "reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

An appearance by Coulter on another NBC series, "Today," led to a prickly exchange with host Matt Lauer over her comments on the widows.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20060613/D8I731B00.html

In her book, Coulter accuses the women of "reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."
And of course this paragraph is a total misquote taken completely out of context, big surprise there!!

This entire thread is a classic example of why it's difficult for liberals to debate many conservatives...I have seen little intelligent response to my arguments, instead I see a steady stream of insults and personal attacks with no real answers to the questions and comments I made. Only NT responded without a direct personal attack except to say that I was "full of shit" to which I reply I am guilty as charged...I just ate Long John Silver's for dinner and shit is what it tasted like.

acludem

red states rule said:
Libs would be lucky to have someone as attractive as Ann

The liberal women they put on TV need to take more time in the make up chair
make-up can't fix stupitity...

Many of the liberal women I see look like they fell out of the Ugly Tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Forget the Ugly tree with Shrillary-she looks like she was beaten with the Ugly Forest!

acludem said:
I don't respond to Ann Coulter because she just writes inflammatory bullshit to sell books. The best thing liberals can do is ignore this stupid bitch. Don't give her any free publicity, don't dignify her garbage (and I don't have to read this particular version of her garbage, I've read others) with a response, and don't let her get under your skin. Let her go on Fox News and have Shawn Hannity drool all over her in her slutty little outfits. This will be my last post having anything to do with Ann Coulter unless I respond in this thread.

acludem

There are no more rabid, spitting, fanatical, crazed, frenzied, and overboard, commenters on people than the berserk ultra left.

They can dish it out, but low and behold, don't you DARE dish it out to them.

Hypocritical bastards, all of them.

acludem said:
This entire thread is a classic example of why it's difficult for liberals to debate many conservatives...I have seen little intelligent response to my arguments, instead I see a steady stream of insults and personal attacks with no real answers to the questions and comments I made. Only NT responded without a direct personal attack except to say that I was "full of shit" to which I reply I am guilty as charged...I just ate Long John Silver's for dinner and shit is what it tasted like.

acludem

Ack,
Have you read Ms. Coulter's book? Have you read any of her editorials? Do you understand sarcasm?

Dr Grump said:
I hate it when people misquote! What was the correct quote and what was the context?

Cheers

This was the quote:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them revelling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' death so much."

Vile.

And as for context, there is no context which makes that acceptable.

jillian said:
This was the quote:

Vile.

They are enjoying the status gained from their husbands death. It's apparent. If they weren't enjoying it, they wouldn't do it.

The main complaint is that the left uses victims to relay political talking points, thinking they can call anyone who criticizes them vile. Dem tactics are vile.

jillian said:
This was the quote:

Vile.

Why, who decides whats acceptable. You can be turned off all you like by her writing, but she is right when she says liberals exploit victims for their causes, and that's deemed righteous, but let someone like Coulter call them on it and she's vile, on top of which you, who have posted on occasion your dislike for Newsmax because you claim they take words out of context, now, make excuses for the same because it suits you.... How intellectually vacant!!!!!!!!

jillian said:
This was the quote:

Vile.

Well Jillian,

The problem is in the word enjoy, you and others that are having an emotional reaction to Ms. Coulter's writing are caught up in your definition of the word enjoy. There are 2 definitions in my dictionary for that word.

enjoy v. 1. to get pleasure from 2. to have as an advantage or benefit

The second definition is the one she was employing in that sentence, it is completely different from the first, especially in a legal sense. I heard her explanation yesterday on the radio, makes perfect sense, and I have no doubt that she chose that word carefully to raise the hair on the back of your neck......it worked perfectly. After all she is not just a writer, she is an attorney.

Like I have said many times when speaking of the corrupting of the english language by homosexuals, words have meaning.

Coulter’s vileness should never play in Peoria
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
LEONARD PITTS JR.

Apparently, it’s news that Ann Coulter is a nasty piece of work.

I had rather thought that was the attraction, at least for those people who find her attractive. So forgive me for being mildly mystified by last week’s headlines about her most recent spasm of trash mouth, i.e., her attack on four women who lost their husbands in the Sept. 11 attacks. But then, the attack is vicious even by Coulter’s standards: In her latest book, whose title you won’t read here, she savages the widows as "self-obsessed" and "witches."

"These broads are millionaires," she writes, "lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much."

Evidently, the widows’ sins are that they pushed for an independent commission to investigate 9/11 intelligence failures, they are critical of the Bush administration and they endorsed John Kerry for president.

The nerve of them.

Coulter’s tirade has drawn bipartisan condemnation — New York Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called it "vicious," while the state’s Republican governor, George Pataki, declared Coulter "far worse than insensitive" — but c’mon. This is all part of the shtick for this chick. I mean, we’re talking about the woman who said Timothy McVeigh’s only mistake was in not blowing up the New York Times building and that we should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders and convert the people to Christianity.

Frankly, it’s easy to do what Coulter does. Just say the most outrageous thing in the most inflammatory way. Just give moral and mental cover to that small-minded, antiintellectual strain of the electorate that recoils like Superman in the face of Kryptonite from complexity and incertitude. And when people call you on it, just wrap yourself in the flag and declare yourself a straightshootin’ conservative under siege by that mean ol’ liberal media.

It plays like gangbusters in Peoria. And never mind that it’s a brazen lie.

Meaning that Ann Coulter is not reviled because she is conservative. Some of the best and most respected pundits in the country are conservative: George F. Will, Kathleen Parker and Charles Krauthammer, to name just three. They offer smart, snarky, cogent analyses of world and national events, and if you disagree with them, as I frequently do, you will be required to do some mental heavy lifting to dismantle their arguments. They challenge you.

No, Coulter is reviled because she is mean, malicious, the barbed-wire frontwoman for a cabal of bloviators, bully boys and blowhards (Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, Michael Savage and too many others) who are pleased to regard themselves as the guardians of conservatism’s soul. Conservatism’s soul should sue for slander.

But again, it plays in Peoria. And why not? It is loud, simple, stupid. Not unlike The Jerry Springer Show.

The nation’s political discourse has never been as polite and decorous as we like to think. Abraham Lincoln’s political foes called him a baboon, Lyndon Johnson once said that Gerald Ford played too much football without a helmet.

When, however, even widows (and orphans?) become fair game for a viperous harridan with an ax to grind and books to sell, maybe decent people should wonder at the lines we have crossed and the type of nation we have become in the process.

Coulter’s victims, by the way, felt compelled to release a statement. It said in part: "Contrary to Ms. Coulter’s statements, there was no joy in watching men that we loved burn alive. There was no happiness in telling our children that their fathers were never coming home again."

In a better nation, that would go without saying.

Leonard Pitts Jr., winner of the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for commentary, is a columnist for the Miami Herald.

Pitts hits the nail on the head again.

jasendorf said:

Why is that? Liberals do it all the time. Liberals publicly condemn their adversaries for wrongdoing before there is even a trial. According to Pitts doing so is okay so long as it's not war widows!!!

jasendorf said:

Really? How's that j? Explain exactly what is incorrect about her book for us, after all, you have read it haven't you? Did you condem Al "Stuart Smalley" Franken when he viciously attacked Rush Limbaugh's weight in his silly little books? Do you criticise the idiots that blather on and on to dead air on that joke "Air America". Mike Malloy is easily the most vile ass I have ever heard on the radio, have you criticised him.

Ms. Coulter's point is that the Democrats, like terrorist in Iraq, use widows and chiildren of the dead in an attempt to get their message out and keep themselves shielded from criticism......she is right. Cindy Sheehan is such a prime example of the manipulation the Democrats are well known for. They do the same when they use the poor, minorities, wounded soldiers, etc.(Micky Moore is getting sued by the former soldier he used in his hack film).

And the Republican Party didn't use Terri Schaivo? Get off it! Both parties do this stuff, it's called politicking. As for my posts, look back and find me, one example where I insult any member of this board personally. The only insults I hurl are at public figures, such as my original post in this thread about Ann Coulter. When you become a public figure, you take on the risk of personal insult. To the many conservatives here who engage in intelligent debate, thanks! I enjoy arguing with you. The rest of you conservatives who take the Ann Coulter tact of levelling hate-filled personal attacks on people who disagree with you, well...I won't say it because then I'd be like you.

acludem

sitarro said:
Really? How's that j?

She's a vicious media whore... it doesn't matter what her message is... if she wants to act like a human being, maybe I'll start listening to her. For now, she's nothing more than a Westboro Screamer.

acludem said:
And the Republican Party didn't use Terri Schaivo? Get off it! Both parties do this stuff, it's called politicking. As for my posts, look back and find me, one example where I insult any member of this board personally. The only insults I hurl are at public figures, such as my original post in this thread about Ann Coulter. When you become a public figure, you take on the risk of personal insult. To the many conservatives here who engage in intelligent debate, thanks! I enjoy arguing with you. The rest of you conservatives who take the Ann Coulter tact of levelling hate-filled personal attacks on people who disagree with you, well...I won't say it because then I'd be like you.

acludem
But shiavo was not making republican talking points. She was just having her life systematically devalued by an inhumane judiciary. Thanks for playing.

jasendorf said:
She's a vicious media whore... it doesn't matter what her message is... if she wants to act like a human being, maybe I'll start listening to her. For now, she's nothing more than a Westboro Screamer.

And J ass end or f cries out.....
:baby::cry: :cry: :cry: "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's not fair! A strong, witty, genius writer, very feminine, gun loving, conservative woman and all we have is a bunch of screeching dimwits!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Calm down j, everything will be OK...........well, not for you guys.

President Bush showed how fearless he is by going directly to Baghdad to assure the Iraqis that just because our Democrats act and talk like pussies, the United States will stick with you guys.... Rove didn't get indicted, Al Gore is still a clown, Howie Dean is still out of control and on the verge of a nervous breakdown, Nancy Palosi still can't close her eyes, John Kerry is saying that he shouldn't have made the one decent vote of his lousy career, Hillary is still wondering who Bill is messing around with right now, Chucky Schummer is so out of touch that he is making a mockery of himself........

but don't worry little j, just go to sleep.....lull-a-by and goodnight, little j ass end or f........:happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :baby4:

Forum List

Back