Lobster Tails - Any ideas?

So, I have lobster tails as an appetizer for Christmas Day. Any cool ideas how I should serve them? Lobster is one of my very favorite things and I want to do them justice. But how?

They sell them in England or did ya have them shipped?

Either way, I envy you.... I loe lobster, especially a good lobster bisque :eusa_drool:

I had them shipped from Scotland. I can't tell you how excited I am to have them!

You got frozen lobster?

What's the point of that? You may as well use them for bait.

Lobster has to be fresh and alive when you cook it.

Practically impossible to get. However, this place has a great rep for quality so I'm giving it a shot. Their smoked salmon is excellent and a friend of mine, who's a chef, recommended it.

You got frozen lobster?

What's the point of that? You may as well use them for bait.

Lobster has to be fresh and alive when you cook it.

Practically impossible to get. However, this place has a great rep for quality so I'm giving it a shot. Their smoked salmon is excellent and a friend of mine, who's a chef, recommended it.

Smoked salmon is cured. Lobster is not nor can it be.

But I'm sure they'll be just fine if you slather them down with enough sauces.

Enjoy your dinner.

So, I have lobster tails as an appetizer for Christmas Day. Any cool ideas how I should serve them? Lobster is one of my very favorite things and I want to do them justice. But how?

Either way, I envy you.... I loe lobster, especially a good lobster bisque :eusa_drool:

I had them shipped from Scotland. I can't tell you how excited I am to have them!

Scotland? SCOTLAND?

Do you mean New Scotland (Nova Scotia)?

If yay, then that's okay.

If nay...are you INSTAIN???

Lobster bisque tis delish.

Ingredients
Dressing:

* 2 chiles, minced
* 2 limes, juiced
* 1 lemon, juiced
* 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground white pepper
* 4 mangoes, peeled and julienned
* 3 Maine lobster tails, cooked, shelled and cut lengthwise
* 12 prawns, cooked, peeled, and deveined
* 4 ounces fresh snow peas, julienned
* Chopped cilantro, for garnish
* Leeks, julienned and fried, for garnish

Directions

For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a blender and place in bowl.

Toss mangoes with the dressing.

To finish the dish, place mango salad in the center of chilled plates. Top each with 1/2 lobster tail, 2 prawns, and snow peas. Finish with cilantro and fried leeks.

I have a shitload of patients who are lobstermen, so I usually get them for free.

We eat so many during the summer that we grow tired of them.

You.

Hell.

Go to it.

Forum List

Back