Lobbiest Jack Abramoff's corruption of Republicans

MiddleClass

Moderate American
Aug 26, 2011
Delaware
Lobbyist Jack Abramoff says Congress is for hire, and now that the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of "Democracy to the Highest Bidder", America is just another corrupt nation by the wealthy for the wealthy:

Once one of the most powerful men in Washington, Jack Abramoff pled guilty five years ago to buying off Congressional Republicans, tax evasion and fraud, and he served more than three years in prison for his crimes. When Abramoff came out of jail, 60 Minutes producer Ira Rosen was eager to get him to tell our viewers how he did what he did - how he essentially undermined democracy. "This is a guy, who was a major player in Washington, and describes how politics in Washington works," Ira said. "And what the interfacing is between a lobbyist and a politician and how they work together -- and not for the public good."

Video Interview here: Jack Abramoff: The lobbyist's playbook - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Washington is crawling with lobbyists. But, yeah, none of them do business with Dimocrats.

Remind me to forward this idiot the email I got from that nice man in Nigeria.

I rarely watch 60 Minutes but I tuned in last night for a bit while Abramoff was being interviewed.

All the while Jack is telling the infobabe Leslie Stahl about how Congress is for sale and that Lobbyists write the legislation, all she can do is act surprised and ask if he had no conscience.

It's like she had no idea Abramoff even existed until they met for the interview. No follow up questions at all.

I'll never watch 60 Minutes again for any reason.

Forum List

Back