Loan sharks

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on loan sharks.

Is it ethical to allow them?

I have rare occasion to meet any of them up close and personal, does anyone here know any loan sharks?

If a loan shark operated in your name would it upset you? Do y'all think that could make someone hate you if they thought it was really you?

What do y'all think folks?

Before I started graduate school, I worked in a small company where the owner had a coke problem. I discovered this near the end of my time at the company when I saw $0 value invoices going out to door with merchandise. He was putting the inventory up his nose.

The next pay day, we didn't receive our checks. The staff walked out and went to a local bar where we had a festive time drinking Irish Coffee. We were On Strike.

After a few hours, the owner joined us in the bar and paid us with cash out of a Big Paper Bag - we all concluded that this was from a loan shark. I promptly resigned. Working for people who are involved with drug dealers and loan sharks is not my preferred life style.

Before I started graduate school, I worked in a small company where the owner had a coke problem. I discovered this near the end of my time at the company when I saw $0 value invoices going out to door with merchandise. He was putting the inventory up his nose.

The next pay day, we didn't receive our checks. The staff walked out and went to a local bar where we had a festive time drinking Irish Coffee. We were On Strike.

After a few hours, the owner joined us in the bar and paid us with cash out of a Big Paper Bag - we all concluded that this was from a loan shark. I promptly resigned. Working for people who are involved with drug dealers and loan sharks is not my preferred life style.

The restaurant industry is chocked full of drugs, drug dealers, drug addicts. This industry has always been the magnet for shady types, and "people who party". It's the perfect niche for a coke head. You go to work at 5pm, get off at midnight, party til sunrise, then sleep til 2pm.

Jesus and followers of him considered it a sin to ask for ANY interest on a loan in his day. Gaining one cent, usury, from the loaning of money was a big time no no then. Accepted in Jewish society and the Hebrew Bible with limitations.
You could not get a Christian burial under Christian doctrine if you took one cent on a loan as interest.
You will not hear the thumpers here state any of this because it is fact.

I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on loan sharks.

Is it ethical to allow them?

I have rare occasion to meet any of them up close and personal, does anyone here know any loan sharks?

If a loan shark operated in your name would it upset you? Do y'all think that could make someone hate you if they thought it was really you?

What do y'all think folks?

I think in some ways they serve a purpose.

Some people, for whatever reason, would rather pay an enormous veg than go through the steps to get a loan from a bank.

Other people simply cannot qualify for a loan, and sharks are their only avenue for cash.

Of course the leg breaking and defenstration of deadbeats tends to give them a bad name, but at least they cannot wreck your credit rating.

Forum List

Back