Loading The Nagasaki Bomb

Really? How old were you during The Great Depression and WWII?

Well different ages during the two periods. I can average it out for you if that would help?

How old in 1945 will do.

At the top of the military board is a veterans registration area. I have put down the time served and my military unit. I grew up on the south side of Chicago (Englewood) during the Great Depression. I won't ask your age as I already have an inkling of it by your childlike posts: yellow streak is that not an age indicator?

Well different ages during the two periods. I can average it out for you if that would help?

How old in 1945 will do.

At the top of the military board is a veterans registration area. I have put down the time served and my military unit.

The unit you served in during WWII? It would be easier to just answer my question directly (or even a little more directly - like a ballpark range).

Last edited:
Truman was correct to fire MacArthur. His only mistake was waiting too long. However, it would have been very difficult to get rid of him after MacArthur polished up his own halo with the incredibly sucessful Inchon campaign. He was a megalomaniac, who had long since discarded all boundaries. Being almost worshiped as a god by the Japanese for 5 years didn't help, either.

FDR, my hero, made a terrible error in bringing MacArthur out of Bataan. There was a dearth of heros at the time and MacArthur was used to boost morale. After bloody Buna MacArthur did try and avoid some hot spot in New Guinea with his leap frog approach. Mac, however, may have been the right man for the Japanese occupation.
Finally, we should thank Republicans for not running MacArthur for president in 1952.

FDR is your hero because statist historians told you to think that way...right?

FDR was a terrible fool. He was primarily responsible for the war crimes committed by American forces during WWII, enslaving half of Europe to communism, empowering the USSR, and so much more.

He is by far the worst president in our history.

Forum List

Back