LMSM Takes on Child Prostitution, except when it involves Obama's ACORN

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I caught a commercial for one of the former "major" news networks last night, they were doing an underground sting report on a child prostitution ring and the men who frequent them.

Yeah, so let me get this straight: child prostitution is bad and you'll go undercover to expose it except when it involves Obama's ACORN, then there's a total blackout on the topic

NY Times on the ACORN nonsense and voter suppression tactics

It's nice to see the mainstream media gain some backbone in repudiating the nonsense furore over ACORN, and instead focusing on how we need to enhance rather than suppress voter participation. Here is the Gray Lady on the subject:

But for all of the McCain campaign’s manufactured fury about vote theft (and similar claims from the Republican Party over the years) there is virtually no evidence — anywhere in the country, going back many elections — of people showing up at the polls and voting when they are not entitled to.

Meanwhile, Republicans aren’t saying anything about another more serious voter-registration scandal: the fact that about one-third of eligible voters are not registered. The racial gaps are significant and particularly disturbing. According to a study by Project Vote, a voting-rights group, in 2006, 71 percent of eligible whites were registered, compared with 61 percent of blacks, 54 percent of Latinos and 49 percent of Asian-Americans.

Much of the blame for this lies with overly restrictive registration rules. Earlier this year, the League of Women Voters halted its registration drive in Florida after the state imposed onerous new requirements.

[...]

The real threats to the fabric of democracy are the unreasonable barriers that stand in the way of eligible voters casting ballots.

Yeah. CORNy and the fly girls? A threat to democracy? Be serious!

Hate You Can Believe In: ACORN Deluged with Threatening and Racist Voicemails and Emails
Submitted by Josh on October 18, 2008 - 8:42pm

It’s bad enough that the employees of ACORN have had to endure days of baseless and outlandish attacks by John McCain and the RNC. But after McCain outrageously claimed before a national audience on Wednesday night that ACORN was “maybe perpetrating one of the greatest frauds in voter history in this country, maybe destroying the fabric of democracy,” the group came under attack, literally. In the following days, ACORN’s Boston and Seattle offices were vandalized and at least one employee received a death threat.

And for nearly two weeks, ACORN offices across the nation have been subjected to an onslaught of racist and threatening voicemails and emails. We have secured copies of some of the most disturbing and offensive messages and have reproduced them below in order to show the very real consequences of the Right Wing’s overheated and misplaced “voter fraud” rhetoric.

Warning: the emails and voicemails below are highly explicit and have only been edited to remove personally identifying information. Please also note that, where relevant, the proper authorities have been notified.

Voicemail #1:

“Hi, I was just calling to let you all know that Barack Obama needs to get hung. He's a fucking ******, and he's a piece of shit. You guys are fraudulent, and you need to go to hell. All the ******* on oak trees. They're gonna get all hung honeys, they're gonna get assassinated, they're gonna get killed.”

Email #1: This email was received by the Cleveland office. The subject line was the name of a senior staffer who had recently appeared on TV to defend the group.

According to McClatchy, the email was traced back to a Facebook account featuring a McCain-Palin sign.

I caught a commercial for one of the former "major" news networks last night, they were doing an underground sting report on a child prostitution ring and the men who frequent them.

Yeah, so let me get this straight: child prostitution is bad and you'll go undercover to expose it except when it involves Obama's ACORN, then there's a total blackout on the topic

This was a good and solid post until you had to insert your partisan politics into it by stating "Obama's ACORN". You can do better....

wasn't it ACORN along with seiu people who sent hate mail and got on busses to go to the AIG homes to get "their money back" oh liberals thy name is HYPOCRITE

This was a good and solid post until you had to insert your partisan politics into it by stating "Obama's ACORN". You can do better....

It is obama's ACORN.

It is obama's ACORN.

Really? Prove it.

P
Submit To FacebookSubmit To RedditSubmit To TwitterSubmit To Other Sites
Why Won't The Media Address the Real Issue? 'ACORN' Is Wingnut Code for The 'N' Word.
By Susie Madrak Thursday Sep 17, 2009 6:00am

Those right-wing anti-ACORN activists tried their little trick in several cities that didn't provide them with the response they wanted - and yet, I haven't heard FOX News mention this. Hmm.

It's hard out here in Philly for a pimp.

At least, it appears that's the lesson that self-described filmmaker-activist (and graduate student at Fordham University, a Jesuit institution) James O'Keefe learned when he and cohort Hannah Giles showed up at the Philadelphia ACORN headquarters on July 24 in the middle of a probe that has touched off a conservative-media firestorm.

O'Keefe and Giles were dressed as a pimp and prostitute, just as they were during undercover visits to ACORN offices in Baltimore, Washington, Brooklyn and San Bernardino, Calif., over the summer. ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

Those visits were part of an investigative probe into the anti-poverty group - as ACORN staffers were secretly videotaped giving O'Keefe and Giles advice on how to hide illegal sex businesses in low-income housing. ACORN has fired three workers implicated in the films.

Giles, in a post on the Web site Biggovernment.com, said she and O'Keefe had been driven by their belief that "ACORN is corrupt" and are on "a quest for truth unraveling the mystery of organized corruption."

But when the phony pimp and prostitute tag team visited ACORN's local office, on Broad Street near Parrish, on July 24, they were apparently shown the door.

Philadelphia ACORN president Carol Hemingway said in a statement on Monday that "after causing a major disturbance, they were asked to leave the office, and a police report was filed."

Hemingway e-mailed copies of the incident report to the news media. No charges were filed against O'Keefe or Giles, and their visit to the City of Brotherly Love has not been part of a series of reports aired on the Fox News Channel.

I'm sure this will be prominently mentioned on Glenn Beck's show tonight. Right?

From today's Times:

In a statement over the weekend, Bertha Lewis, the chief organizer for Acorn, said the bogus prostitute and pimp had spent months visiting numerous Acorn offices, including those in San Diego, Los Angeles, Miami and Philadelphia, before getting the responses they were looking for.

“I cannot and I will not defend the actions of the workers depicted in the video, who have since been terminated,” Ms. Lewis wrote. But she defended the group’s overall record and said it had become “the boogeyman for the right wing and its echo chambers.”

Robert L. Borosage, co-director of the liberal Campaign for America’s Future, called the tactics used to go after Mr. Jones and Acorn “McCarthyite,” and said the critics were harping on minor failings and distorting records that over all were admirable. “This is dangerous stuff,” Mr. Borosage said. “I don’t think progressives will sit back and let this gain momentum.”

Until progressives learn to speak in plain language and effectively call out racism when they see it, of course it will gain momentum. It already has.

In the meantime, I've filed an ethics complaint against our young filmmaker friend at his school. I'll let you know what happens.

I don't think anyone can dispute the ties Obama has to Acorn. But you can give it a try if you so choose.

On October 4, 2008, the Wall Street Journal published a compilation, "ACORN/Obama Fact Sheet" with information that associated Obama and ACORN over the last thirteen years. It contains information that was published in newspapers and magazines that provided data that spells out Obama and ACORN's relationship. Included is an article, "What Makes Obama Run" by Hank DeZutter, Op-Ed, (Chicago Reader, 12/8/95) in which he wrote:

"Obama continues his organizing work largely through classes for future leaders identified by ACORN and the Center for New Horizons on the south side."

RNC: Obama & Acorn Fact Sheet

[URL="Stanley Kurtz"]Stanley Kurtz[/URL] did an extensive report in National Review on the Obama/Acorn connection. I encourage everyone to read it.

I don't think anyone can dispute the ties Obama has to Acorn. But you can give it a try if you so choose.

On October 4, 2008, the Wall Street Journal published a compilation, "ACORN/Obama Fact Sheet" with information that associated Obama and ACORN over the last thirteen years. It contains information that was published in newspapers and magazines that provided data that spells out Obama and ACORN's relationship. Included is an article, "What Makes Obama Run" by Hank DeZutter, Op-Ed, (Chicago Reader, 12/8/95) in which he wrote:

"Obama continues his organizing work largely through classes for future leaders identified by ACORN and the Center for New Horizons on the south side."

[URL="Stanley Kurtz"]Stanley Kurtz[/URL] did an extensive report in National Review on the Obama/Acorn connection. I encourage everyone to read it.

There is NO DOUBT that Obama had very close ties to ACORN at one point in his life. However, I was simply asking for proof of the OP's assertion that Obama as POTUS somehow runs ACORN?

P
Submit To FacebookSubmit To RedditSubmit To TwitterSubmit To Other Sites
Why Won't The Media Address the Real Issue? 'ACORN' Is Wingnut Code for The 'N' Word.
By Susie Madrak Thursday Sep 17, 2009 6:00am

Those right-wing anti-ACORN activists tried their little trick in several cities that didn't provide them with the response they wanted - and yet, I haven't heard FOX News mention this. Hmm.

It's hard out here in Philly for a pimp.

At least, it appears that's the lesson that self-described filmmaker-activist (and graduate student at Fordham University, a Jesuit institution) James O'Keefe learned when he and cohort Hannah Giles showed up at the Philadelphia ACORN headquarters on July 24 in the middle of a probe that has touched off a conservative-media firestorm.

O'Keefe and Giles were dressed as a pimp and prostitute, just as they were during undercover visits to ACORN offices in Baltimore, Washington, Brooklyn and San Bernardino, Calif., over the summer. ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

Those visits were part of an investigative probe into the anti-poverty group - as ACORN staffers were secretly videotaped giving O'Keefe and Giles advice on how to hide illegal sex businesses in low-income housing. ACORN has fired three workers implicated in the films.

Giles, in a post on the Web site Biggovernment.com, said she and O'Keefe had been driven by their belief that "ACORN is corrupt" and are on "a quest for truth unraveling the mystery of organized corruption."

But when the phony pimp and prostitute tag team visited ACORN's local office, on Broad Street near Parrish, on July 24, they were apparently shown the door.

Philadelphia ACORN president Carol Hemingway said in a statement on Monday that "after causing a major disturbance, they were asked to leave the office, and a police report was filed."

Hemingway e-mailed copies of the incident report to the news media. No charges were filed against O'Keefe or Giles, and their visit to the City of Brotherly Love has not been part of a series of reports aired on the Fox News Channel.

I'm sure this will be prominently mentioned on Glenn Beck's show tonight. Right?

From today's Times:

In a statement over the weekend, Bertha Lewis, the chief organizer for Acorn, said the bogus prostitute and pimp had spent months visiting numerous Acorn offices, including those in San Diego, Los Angeles, Miami and Philadelphia, before getting the responses they were looking for.

“I cannot and I will not defend the actions of the workers depicted in the video, who have since been terminated,” Ms. Lewis wrote. But she defended the group’s overall record and said it had become “the boogeyman for the right wing and its echo chambers.”

Robert L. Borosage, co-director of the liberal Campaign for America’s Future, called the tactics used to go after Mr. Jones and Acorn “McCarthyite,” and said the critics were harping on minor failings and distorting records that over all were admirable. “This is dangerous stuff,” Mr. Borosage said. “I don’t think progressives will sit back and let this gain momentum.”

Until progressives learn to speak in plain language and effectively call out racism when they see it, of course it will gain momentum. It already has.

In the meantime, I've filed an ethics complaint against our young filmmaker friend at his school. I'll let you know what happens.

Link? And also a copy of the police report would be helpful.

There is NO DOUBT that Obama had very close ties to ACORN at one point in his life. However, I was simply asking for proof of the OP's assertion that Obama as POTUS somehow runs ACORN?

He did say that he would be calling on them (community organizers) to help shape his agenda.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJcVgJhNaU]YouTube - OBAMA CAUGHT SAYING ACORN AND FRIENDS WILL SHAPE HIS PRESIDENTIAL AGENDA[/ame]

He did say that he would be calling on them (community organizers) to help shape his agenda.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJcVgJhNaU]YouTube - OBAMA CAUGHT SAYING ACORN AND FRIENDS WILL SHAPE HIS PRESIDENTIAL AGENDA[/ame]

And?

There are Captains in the Gambimo Crime family kicking themselves over this! While they have to contend with the full force of the Federal Government , ACORN, a far more dangerous criminal enterprise actually gets FEDERAL FUNDING simply because they engage in illegal actives for the Democrat Party!

There are Captains in the Gambimo Crime family kicking themselves over this! While they have to contend with the full force of the Federal Government , ACORN, a far more dangerous criminal enterprise actually gets FEDERAL FUNDING simply because they engage in illegal actives for the Democrat Party!

Frank, old idiot, we had real criminals in the form of Rove and Cheney in the highest offices of this land, even committed treason within those offices in the Plame affair. This pair had to shop for a while to find a dumb chump in order to create this parody. Acorn will take it's lumps for hiring such an idiot, and then continue it's good work.

Forum List

Back