LMAO....Solar Power = 0.14% of our electricity!!!

To you libtards, I'd love solar panels, but they're kinda out of mine and most americans price range, so until they get cheaper, burn that coal and oil baby!!!!! Drill baby drill !!!!!!!!!!

To you libtards, I'd love solar panels, but they're kinda out of mine and most americans price range, so until they get cheaper, burn that coal and oil baby!!!!! Drill baby drill !!!!!!!!!!

Really? You are unable to muster less than 10K for a system that would power your home for the next 20 years, at least? I guess it hurts to be one of the 47%.

Really? You are unable to muster less than 10K for a system that would power your home for the next 20 years, at least? I guess it hurts to be one of the 47%.

LOL......gee Ray......the only people still running with that "47%" comment are those radical nuts over at MSLSD and the few who watch. Everybody else said "meh".

ANd they are not 10K.........not even close here in New York. Try closer to 50K and I know because we install them in the houses I run. Too......the tax credits you used to get? Gone.

Ray........solar is a fringe market and its always gonna be, like Fisker Kharma is to the car world. You'll always have some interest, but just a little. It'd take somebody like me 16 to 17 years to make up the $$. I dont know if I'll be alive in 10. Most people are throwing that kind of $$ into a new kitchen, especially if they have that kind of $$ in this economy. Only the mental cases or very wealthy will be doing it.

LOL......gee Ray......the only people still running with that "47%" comment are those radical nuts over at MSLSD and the few who watch. Everybody else said "meh".

ANd they are not 10K.........not even close here in New York. Try closer to 50K and I know because we install them in the houses I run. Too......the tax credits you used to get? Gone.

Ray........solar is a fringe market and its always gonna be, like Fisker Kharma is to the car world. You'll always have some interest, but just a little. It'd take somebody like me 16 to 17 years to make up the $$. I dont know if I'll be alive in 10. Most people are throwing that kind of $$ into a new kitchen, especially if they have that kind of $$ in this economy. Only the mental cases or very wealthy will be doing it.

He's always quoting the panel prices alone. And not the best ones either. No installation costs, no financing, no increased roof maintenance costs, no INSURANCE, no electronics, no grid-tie....

And the house doesn't "run off solar".. It runs off the grid and it feeds the grid. You are essentially going into the electricity generation business when you make that decision. Not becoming independent OR wealthy (or smarter)...

Hell -- I've thought about taking my still out there on the back 40 -- and going into the ethanol biz --- so's I can GASOLINE independent. But there's too much paperwork involved and it would ruin the taste of my special blend...

Well my friend 10k isnt exactally chump change...and no I ccant do it....just put in a new central air system and Im not rich.......but Im going to school to better my situation.....which school is mostly shit, but going into IT, I figure with my experience, I might be able to afford one then.

But for a liberal you seem pretty cavalier about 10k.

Yep, this old liberal is a bit cavalier about 10K. And as one of those upper middle class earners that has cracked 100k for three of the last four years I could afford that setup easily enough.

And the university that I am enrolled in is not shit. And I am still maintaining 40 to 50 hours a week at work.

5,640-watt Gridtied Solar System with 24 Astronergy Solar Panels

well good for you....so you're on a message board why?
And for someone that is a rich liberal, you think you wouldnt be so cavalier about money for most folks, interesting to say the least.

US energy supply..............

pie_chart_fuel_mix_zps9e9982c5.gif

LMAO.......if your eyes are good enough to find the little purple sliver, you'll know why I continue to laugh my balls off!!! Meanwhile.............what figures do alarmist faithful post up? "Solar increases by 164%..............."

But you never read............"as compared to what?":blowup::2up::blowup::2up::blowup::2up::blowup::2up::blowup:

Last edited:
OK..........Im officially laughing my balls off!!!!!!!!

Every day on here we hear the new doomsday story about the world coming to and end compliments of the environmental alarmist k00ks and even if they were 100% correct, what do they have to show for it? 0.14% for solar:D:D

Energy Department Touts Solar Power That Generates 0.14% of Electricity

You talk about some serious connect the dots issues..........these cheesedicks are telling us they can save the world with wind and solar and all of their shit together could barely run Manhattan!!!

These k00ks are like mega fat people touting the fact that they acknowledge they have a put the fork down problem but are waiting for the flesh eating virus to cure them!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::blowup:

Even funnier? Wind and Solar together = less than 3.3%!!!!!

Pee-Wee-Herman-10-12-09-kc-thumb-450x273-24497.jpg

You are an idiot. I don't think anyone is trying to power Manhatten with solar.

Seems like it could certainly power much of the Southwest though.

No such system exists.

Yep, this old liberal is a bit cavalier about 10K. And as one of those upper middle class earners that has cracked 100k for three of the last four years I could afford that setup easily enough.

And the university that I am enrolled in is not shit. And I am still maintaining 40 to 50 hours a week at work.

5,640-watt Gridtied Solar System with 24 Astronergy Solar Panels

You think a 5600 Watt system is going to run a house? :lol:

Not too bright are you?

OK..........Im officially laughing my balls off!!!!!!!!

Every day on here we hear the new doomsday story about the world coming to and end compliments of the environmental alarmist k00ks and even if they were 100% correct, what do they have to show for it? 0.14% for solar:D:D

Energy Department Touts Solar Power That Generates 0.14% of Electricity

You talk about some serious connect the dots issues..........these cheesedicks are telling us they can save the world with wind and solar and all of their shit together could barely run Manhattan!!!

These k00ks are like mega fat people touting the fact that they acknowledge they have a put the fork down problem but are waiting for the flesh eating virus to cure them!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::blowup:

Even funnier? Wind and Solar together = less than 3.3%!!!!!

Pee-Wee-Herman-10-12-09-kc-thumb-450x273-24497.jpg

You are an idiot. I don't think anyone is trying to power Manhatten with solar.

Seems like it could certainly power much of the Southwest though.

For 6hours a day, MOST of the days, If you spent $BILLs and still built out the extra coal/gas/nuclear plants you needed to sit idle during those 6 hours a day....

Not much hope for Buffalo NY or Chicago tho....

Forum List

Back