LMAO :) "Lady...it's called CRACKER Barrel for a reason!" :)

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
This hillarious to anyone else?

CHARLESTON, South Carolina (AP) -- Rose Rock, the mother of comedian Chris Rock, claims she was racially discriminated against when she was seated but ignored for a half hour at a Cracker Barrel restaurant along the South Carolina coast.

Rock said Tuesday she planned to sue the Lebanon, Tennessee-based company. A Cracker Barrel spokeswoman said the restaurant chain was investigating and taking the complaint "very seriously."

Cracker Barrel has in the past faced numerous lawsuits and a federal inquiry over complaints of refusing to serve black customers, discriminating against minority workers and firing gay employees. The company has taken steps to rebuild its folksy image and reach out to minorities.

Rock, who is from Georgetown, said she and her 21-year-old daughter were the only blacks at the chain's Murrells Inlet restaurant in April. She said when she asked the manager about the delay she was told they could have a free meal.

"He never called over the waitresses and asked, 'Why did these people sit here for a half hour without service?' " she said. "The only thing he said was we could have a free meal and neither of us wanted to eat."

Cracker Barrel spokeswoman Julie Davis said the company doesn't "tolerate any form of discrimination."

read the rest:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/18/chrisrockmom.discrimin.ap/index.html

1.) I hope Chris is embarassed by this :D

2.) It's the fucking South.

3.) It's fucking Cracker Barrel in the South.

4.) Did I mention it's the South?

5.) They don't have to say anything to you. I didn't have that happen to me. She also neglects to mention if others came in after her and were seated before her, etc.

black folks going to "cracker" barrel..............

i remember the time i went into west oakland to flint's ribs......or eli's mile high club.....same treatment....nobody will wait on you.

I've recieved the same treatment in certain neighborhoods in Georgia, most notably at certain 'hole in the wall' barbeque and fried chicken places. Only with me, it was because I was white. However, I'm above these petty lawsuits. Instead, I merely deny them my business.

I see this issue in a different light. Blacks in this country have an entitlement mentality. If they don't get what they want, when they want it, they assume the reason is because they are black. Nevermind the fact that other people don't always get what they want, when they want either regardless of skin color.

Now the Cracker Barrels around here have AT LEAST 1 hour waiting time to be seated. In that time many restaurants try to seat whoever they can wherever they can. So if some people get in sooner because there are only 2 people compared to 6 or 7 for a small table, then thats what a restaurant does. Now instead of considering that the restaurant is busy and they are trying to accomadate as many people as possible, Mrs. Rock assumed it was because she was black as im sure the other plantiffs felt as well.

This entitlement mentality is the problem and its only been made worse by lawyers accepting every petty lawsuit that comes their way.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I see this issue in a different light. Blacks in this country have an entitlement mentality. If they don't get what they want, when they want it, they assume the reason is because they are black. Nevermind the fact that other people don't always get what they want, when they want either regardless of skin color.

Now the Cracker Barrels around here have AT LEAST 1 hour waiting time to be seated. In that time many restaurants try to seat whoever they can wherever they can. So if some people get in sooner because there are only 2 people compared to 6 or 7 for a small table, then thats what a restaurant does. Now instead of considering that the restaurant is busy and they are trying to accomadate as many people as possible, Mrs. Rock assumed it was because she was black as im sure the other plantiffs felt as well.

This entitlement mentality is the problem and its only been made worse by lawyers accepting every petty lawsuit that comes their way.

Same problem they had, post Katrina, in New Orleans.

Some people, no matter the color, ethnic background, or religion, just don't "get it".:huh:

1.) I hope Chris is embarassed by this :D

2.) It's the fucking South.

3.) It's fucking Cracker Barrel in the South.

4.) Did I mention it's the South?

5.) They don't have to say anything to you. I didn't have that happen to me. She also neglects to mention if others came in after her and were seated before her, etc.

:laugh: I think I have been to that Cracker Barrel in Murels Inlet ...We look like mayo on white bread with tans of course and we got slow service too..EVERYTHING takes longer in the South...

:laugh: I think I have been to that Cracker Barrel in Murels Inlet ...We look like mayo on white bread with tans of course and we got slow service too..EVERYTHING takes longer in the South...
Bonnie, Cracker Barrel in general is just slow. But most of the time their food is worth the wait.

It definitely earns it's spot as one of the best comfort food type restaurants.

I think it's one of the few restaurants one either loves or hates. I'm in the 'hates.' Now mydad and the boys, they 'love' it.

I think it's one of the few restaurants one either loves or hates. I'm in the 'hates.' Now mydad and the boys, they 'love' it.

I just recently discovered Cracker Barrel, due to my friends insistance..Which is kind of funny considering I grew up in the South...

Forum List

Back