Lizard cage

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
My father in law and I are building a new cage to house my Savannah Monitor. This cage will be 6x3x3. The front will be glass (6x2) with the top being a door opening 3/4 of the way so I can feed him and clean the cage. We have the bottom, back, 2 sides & front molding completed. All the wood is held together with biscuit joints and a couple of screws. We need to cut the door and wait for glass to come in that was specially ordered. Once glass is in, we need to build a 2 inch molding just above the glass to secure it in place.

Here's a pic at the halway point with clamps holding the bottom joints together overnight so that the glue can set.

looks to be a nice new home you are building for Gadzilla . wondering why you had to special order glass? I worked with the stuff for almost 6 years. nothing specail about cutting glass. Did you order it tempered?? If you did be VERY carefull with the edges...thats the weakest point. hit the floor with the edge and poof glass allover the place. 3/16 or 1/4 ..even laminated is easy to cut by hand..any way..good luck it looks good.

Originally posted by jon_forward
looks to be a nice new home you are building for Gadzilla . wondering why you had to special order glass? I worked with the stuff for almost 6 years. nothing specail about cutting glass. Did you order it tempered?? If you did be VERY carefull with the edges...thats the weakest point. hit the floor with the edge and poof glass allover the place. 3/16 or 1/4 ..even laminated is easy to cut by hand..any way..good luck it looks good.

It's 6x2 1/4 inch tempered. The place I ordered it from is a showroom that specializes normally in mirrors and glass tables, but they had the cheapest price. 7-10 days to get it in, should be here by thursday.

Thanks for the tip about how easy it may break. We'll just gently move it into place. Luckily, I only have about 5 blocks to go to pick it up as well.

it will be well wrapped when you get it...you can beat the hell out of it on the surface and no harm..TAP the corner and poof.. handle carefull and 1/4 plate is friggin heavy!! every heard of traco??three rivers alum co...they put the windows in miss liberty
out of cranberry pa...anyway good luckdamn space bar

Now I know both Moi and Lizzy gotta be referring to a 6 foot 4 cockroach!!!!!! Jim, will he fit! :D

Originally posted by janeeng
Now I know both Moi and Lizzy gotta be referring to a 6 foot 4 cockroach!!!!!! Jim, will he fit! :D

Depends. How many pieces you cutting him up in???

hmm, maybe I should call the boys from Soprano's over and see how many they can get out of him!

Forum List

Back