Living the good life off of government benefits

So tell me how the government coerce the people regarding welfare?

That wasn't the claim. Taxes are taken through coercion. The justification of taxes are that they are used for the good of all. Many question whether welfare meets the definition of "good for all," or even "good for any".

Yup. Welfare is good for those who are collecting it.

Its not so good for those who are working their asses off to provide the money to pay the bills of the collectors. We have our own bills to pay as well.

I doubt seriously that the FF would approve of Welfare in any way shape or form.

So tell me how the government coerce the people regarding welfare?

That wasn't the claim. Taxes are taken through coercion. The justification of taxes are that they are used for the good of all. Many question whether welfare meets the definition of "good for all," or even "good for any".

Its not so good for those who are working their asses off to provide the money to pay the bills of the collectors. We have our own bills to pay as well.

I doubt seriously that the FF would approve of Welfare in any way shape or form.

don't let Aristotle bother you. He thought he had liberal Greek intelligence until he actually tried to defend his thoughts in writing. I'd say he's gone for good.

Probably not. The culture of dependency leads to perpetual poverty and a multi-generational cycle of poverty and hopelessness.

In the long run, welfare harms the recipient more than anyone else.

Probably not. The culture of dependency leads to perpetual poverty and a multi-generational cycle of poverty and hopelessness.

In the long run, welfare harms the recipient more than anyone else.

It harms Republicans most I'd say since it makes it very hard for them to get elected by promising freedom while treasonous Democrats are promising a check !

It harms Republicans most I'd say since it makes it very hard for them to get elected by promising freedom while treasonous Democrats are promising a check !

Sigh;

Well, there is that....

here's an great quote to support your position

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
The Negro Family: The Case for National Action
Office of Policy Planning and Research, United States Department of Labor
March 1965
"In too many cases, if our Government had set out determined to destroy the family, it couldn't have done greater damage than some of what we see today. Too often these programs, well-intentioned, welfare programs for example, which were meant to provide for temporary support, have undermined responsibility. They've robbed people of control of their lives, destroyed their dignity, in some cases -- and we've tried hard to change this -- encouraged people, man and wife, to live apart because they might just get a little bit more to put in their pockets."

don't let Aristotle bother you. He thought he had liberal Greek intelligence until he actually tried to defend his thoughts in writing. I'd say he's gone for good.

This post was hilarious gonna give you a thank you for such stupidity

can you say exactly what the stupidity is and why it is stupidity or must you admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so???

Here is the problem with the argument of coercion.

If the government takes taxes it is done through a consequence of working or buying products.....None of you guys are coerced or forced to pay taxes. You could stop going to work or buying products if you want. You guys act like the government is in your house forcing you to pay taxes.

can you say exactly what the stupidity is and why it is stupidity or must you admit as a liberal you lack the IQ to do so???

EDDIE your brain is going to hurt relax

Here is the problem with the argument of coercion.

If the government takes taxes it is done through a consequence of working or buying products.....None of you guys are coerced or forced to pay taxes. You could stop going to work or buying products if you want. You guys act like the government is in your house forcing you to pay taxes.

Your argument is moronic, and has been defeated a dozen times in this thread - yet you persist,

You could stop going to work or buying products if you want. You guys act like the government is in your house forcing you to pay taxes.

This is true!! You could not work, starve to death, but not have to pay taxes!! So, if a human is given the choice to starve or pay taxes he is being coerced given the human need for food.

Interestingly the income tax was originally ruled unconstitutional because it was too coercive. i.e., you could not avoid paying tax to the liberal government becuase you had to have an income.

This is why in the beginning we had excise taxes or transaction taxes. i.e, they could often be avoided without starving to death or a similar consequence. THe theory was that governmnt was never supposed to be in a coercive position. People were to be free of government to the largest extent possible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back