Living in Filth in America

I lived in your town for a year almost ... not going back anytime soon either.

Hope you didn't live in one of those houses KK!

I just saw this on our local news, and thought it should be shown on a more "global" level, if you can call the USMB that.

That is nasty. The women should be made to walk the streets with signs on them saying, "I had my kids taken away because I lived in a disgusting filthy house."

That is nasty. The women should be made to walk the streets with signs on them saying, "I had my kids taken away because I lived in a disgusting filthy house."

Did you see the basement? :eek:

The rats? :eek:

The one lady saying, "Oh, I was in her house last week, and it was clean. She was just having a 'rat problem' is all.............." :eek:

Did you see the basement? :eek:

The rats? :eek:

The one lady saying, "Oh, I was in her house last week, and it was clean. She was just having a 'rat problem' is all.............." :eek:

I saw. Rats don't bother me. Lions, tigers, and bears do. :eusa_whistle: Just the same, I would not put up living in an environment like that.

No mention of any fathers. No excuse for living that way, especially with kids.

that turns your stomach? reality is harsh...and that is a lot less than i expected when i viewed the video...there were no maggots....

Once cockroaches get into a building you might as well burn it down because you're never going to gt rid of them.

Reminds me of my Section 8 growing up.

I didn't know you could be arrested for that.

A lot of times what will happen is a social worker will come and work with the families and give them "tips" on how to keep a house rat and filth free. When there are young children involved, it's a health hazard, who knows what they would get into in that hell hole.

I've known some families through my job that have had situations like this, they are basically on 'probation' to prove they can provide a safe environment for their children.

i live in nyc and about 15 years ago i worked as an exterminator and i found some apartments at the level of those in the news report in very wealthy buildings on park avenue. how would you like to buy a multi million dollar apartment and find out the one below yours is kept that nasty?

I once worked in an after school program in a poor neighborhood and these two girl's parents were such meth heads that they would never take care of their children's lice problem. I have never seen lice so bad. Some people should never be able to have chilren.
I saw them a few years later and big surprise they were living with their Grandmother.

Officials take kids from second squalid home | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

An 11-year-old boy who was staying at the house was taken to his aunt's home. Police say the boy told them he had been bitten by one of the rats earlier in the evening.

Police responded to assist CPS at the home in the 600 block of North Alton Avenue shortly after midnight Monday.

Upon arrival, the officers detected a heavy odor of feces and urine. Inside, they found cockroaches crawling in exposed food, and discovered rats and rat feces in every room. Those rats -- up to a foot long -- were openly walking on and crawling through mattresses where the children slept on the floor, the report said.

Police also reported they found an aquarium containing seven or eight baby rats. Hensley told police she had caught the baby rats in the house and was going to get rid of them. In the basement, police found several inches of sewage

:eek: :eek: :(

Reminds me of my Section 8 growing up.

I didn't know you could be arrested for that.

A lot of times what will happen is a social worker will come and work with the families and give them "tips" on how to keep a house rat and filth free. When there are young children involved, it's a health hazard, who knows what they would get into in that hell hole.

I've known some families through my job that have had situations like this, they are basically on 'probation' to prove they can provide a safe environment for their children.

Here in PA, Children's Services is under orders to keep families together at all costs, even if the parents are violently abusive or drug addicts or whatever. No budget for foster care.

Fun fact: To this day, I can't use even a clean glass without washing it out, and I have to look into a glass before I take a sip. Cockroaches get into everything.

You know, when the people in Nazi death camps heard that the Allies were close to liberating them (their Nazi jailers had fled already), they made sure to clean up their (truly disgusting) barracks and other quarters, so the soldiers would know that human beings had lived there.

Food for thought.

Forum List

Back