Live Super Bowl Thread

MVP

071209_04_800x600.jpg

It's a good thing they give these guys new cars in these situations.

They're probably driving around in Datsuns from the mid 80's on their salaries.

It's a good thing they give these guys new cars in these situations.

They're probably driving around in Datsuns from the mid 80's on their salaries.

And they give them a Chevy?

Please!

How about the poor league minimum players making only $650,000 or whatever it is?

Their Benz's probably aren't even Maybach's!

Fun game. Great start by the Pack, amazing that the Steelers were able to make it so close.

I was surprised the Packers didn't run the ball a bit more often, especially considering they had the lead the entire game.

Big Ben was a bit off. I don't just mean the picks (the first of which I don't consider his fault), he just started the game not throwing the ball that well. Except that final attempt at a drive, he certainly got into rhythm in the second half though. Mendenhal played well, but that fumble was a killer. The defense played well in the middle of the game, but couldn't get it done at the beginning and end of the game...although against a team playing as well as the Packers have been, shutting them down for most of the second half was impressive.

Rodgers played a good game. He had 4 or 5 dropped balls, at least 2 of which would have been big plays (that Jones drop might have gone for a td). The playcalling put the burden of the offense on his shoulders, mostly ignoring the running game, and he came through. Jennings was huge, making big catches in clutch situations. The defense gave up a bit much, but they also got 3 turnovers, and were able to seal the deal at the end.

As a fan of neither team, I give it a definite thumbs up. A good game to watch.

Jennings was robbed Oddball.
He was THE reason they won, besides the fact the Steelers couldn't manage to stop losing the ball.

Forum List

Back