Live Streaming The State Dinner Does The Re-election Campaign For President Trump Ever Stop!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania deserve recognition that they did a respectable job hosting President of France Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte on the state visit. But one thing I thought was wrong was live streaming the state dinner I don't ever remember a past White House doing that allowing it to be taped yes. The reason I think it is inappropriate is that for the entire day the visiting delegation has been doing pressure events many in front of the media the state dinner should be a time for relaxation and not high pressure where the visiting President has to be concerned how he is looking as he is beamed into homes across America. The state dinner should be an occasion where the visiting President and his delegation have an opportunity to develop personal relationships with the Americans attending the social event at the White House being under the watchful gaze of twenty-five plus million American TV viewers doesn't facilitate such networking! One last point on the issue of First Lady Melania's white hat I vote a "Like" I think she should expect a phone call from Catherine Zeta Jones asking where she can get one to use in a future movie!

New Topics

Forum List

Back