Live Music

even old these guys still kick ass...

They weren't great when they were young. :p

if you know anything about hard rock,you would not be saying that....:p

Nope, I am still saying that. I've never been a fan of Judas Priest. Don't particularly like their music, not a fan of Halford's singing. I've never been impressed by the songs I've heard from them.

thats ok some "hard rock" fans dont like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden or Metallica.....

Nope, I am still saying that. I've never been a fan of Judas Priest. Don't particularly like their music, not a fan of Halford's singing. I've never been impressed by the songs I've heard from them.

thats ok some "hard rock" fans dont like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden or Metallica.....

Metallica was great until the black album. ;)

Maiden was a bit hit or miss. Sometimes great, sometimes not so great.

Sabbath, like them or not, are perhaps the most important band in heavy metal history.

Judas Priest, while not a bad band, to me were never great. Neither the songwriting nor the singing ever stood out to me as particularly impressive. I can't say too much about the lyrics, because I haven't paid attention to them enough to form a strong opinion, but the few Judas Priest lyrics I can think of don't stand out, either. Certainly, considering when they formed/got signed to a major label and their popularity, JP played a part in the growth of metal as a genre, but that still doesn't make anything about their music impressive to me.

It reminds me a bit of AC/DC. Nothing wrong with AC/DC, perfectly good hard rock band, but never a great band IMO.

Sabbath, like them or not, are perhaps the most important band in heavy metal history.

Judas Priest, while not a bad band, to me were never great. Neither the songwriting nor the singing ever stood out to me as particularly impressive. I can't say too much about the lyrics, because I haven't paid attention to them enough to form a strong opinion, but the few Judas Priest lyrics I can think of don't stand out, either. Certainly, considering when they formed/got signed to a major label and their popularity, JP played a part in the growth of metal as a genre, but that still doesn't make anything about their music impressive to me.

It reminds me a bit of AC/DC. Nothing wrong with AC/DC, perfectly good hard rock band, but never a great band IMO.

i just saw a list compiled by hard rock enthusiast....the top 10 hard rock/ metal bands....
1. Black Sabbath
2. Iron Maiden
3. Metallica
4. Judas Priest
5. Motörhead
6. Slayer
7. Megadeth
8. Venom
9. Pantera
10. Death

i just saw a list compiled by hard rock enthusiast....the top 10 hard rock/ metal bands....
1. Black Sabbath
2. Iron Maiden
3. Metallica
4. Judas Priest
5. Motörhead
6. Slayer
7. Megadeth
8. Venom
9. Pantera
10. Death

I saw that as well. In that list, I would place Judas Priest.....8th, I think, with Motorhead and Venom behind them. At least, that's where I'd put them in order of my personal opinion of the bands. How influential they have been is a different matter.

1. Black Sabbath
2. Iron Maiden
3. Metallica
4. Judas Priest
5. Motörhead
6. Slayer
7. Megadeth
8. Venom
9. Pantera
10. Death

I saw that as well. In that list, I would place Judas Priest.....8th, I think, with Motorhead and Venom behind them. At least, that's where I'd put them in order of my personal opinion of the bands. How influential they have been is a different matter.
what is really sad is the so called R&R Hall of Fame does not seem to think hard rock matters,yet they embrace shit like rap and hip hop.....

Forum List

Back