Live Music

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I always prefer live music over studio cuts and think that a band or musician is defined by their ability to perform live.

So post your live versions of songs here and list upcoming concerts for your favorites.

I think this is the best version of the song by STP

I rarely prefer live performances. Studio cuts give better audio quality, get rid of any mistakes, and basically create a more polished, finished product, the way the artists want it to sound.

I do prefer Iron Maiden's Live After Death to the same songs from the studio albums. That may just be because I heard most of the songs first on Live After Death, though.

I rarely prefer live performances. Studio cuts give better audio quality, get rid of any mistakes, and basically create a more polished, finished product, the way the artists want it to sound.

I do prefer Iron Maiden's Live After Death to the same songs from the studio albums. That may just be because I heard most of the songs first on Live After Death, though.

I have to disagree. IMO anyone can do 5000 takes and technologically manipulate a recording to sound perfect.

It takes real talent to play live music and play it well.

This is of course one of those ear of the beholder things so there is no right or wrong just personal preference

I have to disagree. IMO anyone can do 5000 takes and technologically manipulate a recording to sound perfect.

This is of course one of those ear of the beholder things so there is no right or wrong just personal preference

I tend to be more concerned with the talent involved in writing good music, rather than playing it. I don't care if it takes 10000 takes to get it right, I just want the best finished product. :)

i have to agree....matter of fact some bands seem better live than their studio stuff....like these guys.....

i have to agree....matter of fact some bands seem better live than their studio stuff....like these guys.....

One of my all time favorites

Forum List

Back