Live mic catches Fox host inflating crowd estimate by 300%

Dive my party was voted in and your party was reduced to flailing idiots.

If you think that makes you a winner than have fun with that.

Its very obvious who the failure is.
so, because we lost the election, we should shut up and let you assholes destroy whats left?
i dont think so
and YOU assholes wouldnt shut up after you lose 3 elections in a row

where did I say shutup?

I just want to face the fact that the people in theo right at this site are Fringe right wing.

YOu are not some mainstream portion of the polulation.

YOU are Fringe and your opinions are shared by very few other Americans.

We had an election and you lost, quit pretending you are the majority.
you are fringe left
you are not the majority
you won the election with an empty suit and thats begining to be shown
i never claimed to be in the majority and i'm far from fringe right
you are so far to the left you cant even see the center

Actually what the women was attempting to point out is that CNN is quite selective in who they choose to "interview" - that CNN is guily of not actually speaking to main street Americans.

It would appear the only epic failure was your own inability to understand simple English.

That woman also represented a great many who are fed up with both Democrats and Republicans. These are the same people who were the primary cause of Bush II's falling approval numbers, and now these same people are crying out to their own government for some semblance of fiscal sanity.

Sounds like a fair enough request to me...

She talked to the people at the protest holding signs.

Who the fuck was she supposed to talk to?

If the lady wanted her message to get acrossed she should have make a sign to get her message accrossed.

Fucking A people you are nuts.

Please do not reduce your posts to pedantic profanity or it makes it impossible to obtain a cogent message from your diatribe.

The woman's point was CNN was quite selective in who they choose to "interview", and in this particular case, the CNN reporter was clearly aggressive and dismissive of that gentleman she asked a question of and then attempted to talk over before an answer could be given.

This was a loss for CNN - while we might have expected such from the MSNBC slant, CNN still retains some semblance of integrity - this example did not help sustain that semblance.

I will talk how I wish to talk.

You are being utterly fucking stupid in your defense of this small fraction of the American people.

They didnt even like each others message is what this whole clip shows.

The woman was treated with scorn the momment she arrived because her mike said CNN.

We all know how the right wing fringe on here talks about news other than Fox.

She asked them (the people at the protest) what they were thinking and challenged their diatribes. NOW you whine because she did not ask the "right" right wing fringe people at the fucking thing?

The thread has Obvious evidence that Cavoto LIED to make the crowd seem bigger than it was and you have NO problem with that one , you just want to talk about a reporter who didnt talk to the people you wanted her to talk to.

This is why you are right wing fringe, very few Americans are as biased as you.

Last edited:

If the lady wanted her message to get acrossed she should have make a sign to get her message accrossed.

Please do not reduce your posts to pedantic profanity or it makes it impossible to obtain a cogent message from your diatribe.

The woman's point was CNN was quite selective in who they choose to "interview", and in this particular case, the CNN reporter was clearly aggressive and dismissive of that gentleman she asked a question of and then attempted to talk over before an answer could be given.

This was a loss for CNN - while we might have expected such from the MSNBC slant, CNN still retains some semblance of integrity - this example did not help sustain that semblance.

You are being utterly fucking stupid in your defense of this small fraction of the American people.

The woman was treated with scorn the momment she arrived because her mike said CNN.

She asked them (the people at the protest) what they were thinking and challenged their diatribes. NOW you whine because she did not ask the "right" right wing fringe people at the fucking thing?

The thread has Obvious evidence that Cavoto LIED to make the crowd seem bigger than it was and you have NO problem with that one , you just want to talk about a reporter who didnt talk to the people you wanted her to talk to.

I am sorry for your inability to communicate effectively. It must be terribly frustrating to lack the ability to relate to others in a way that affords you some understanding.

I have no anger for you - just pity...

what evidence?
they claimed at 12 something he said one thing and then on his show(which starts at 4pm btw) he said something else
it couldnt possibly be that the crowd actually grew in the time between?
could it?

the tea parties were an Epic failure and they have been proven to be Fringe in this country.

Of course all they can do is divert to some "hot babe".

The republican party is now meaningless.

Translation:

The tea parties weren't the "failure" we moonbats hoped they would be,so now we must go forth and tell the masses they were an "epic failure" as damage control.

you are such a moron...

so, because we lost the election, we should shut up and let you assholes destroy whats left?
i dont think so

where did I say shutup?

I just want to face the fact that the people in theo right at this site are Fringe right wing.

you are fringe left
you are not the majority
you won the election with an empty suit and thats begining to be shown
i never claimed to be in the majority and i'm far from fringe right
you are so far to the left you cant even see the center

Hell ,TM is sooo far to the left..a few steps more and she WOULD be the right wing fringe.:lol:

Here's Fox News host Neil Cavuto talking with a producer at 12:10PM, recorded on a live mic (update: Cavuto was in Sacramento):
CAVUTO: Any estimates on how many people are here?
PRODUCER: No, we're trying to get...
CAVUTO: There's gotta' be 5,000.
PRODUCER: Oh, at least. You know, I mean the cops aren't going to tell us, and we've been trying to get ahold of the PR person to give us their number, but I think 5,000. You can say it's starting at 5,000 [unintelligble, but sounds like "and maybe it's more."].

And here's Cavuto less than ten minutes later, tripling his crowd estimate during his on-air broadcast:
CAVUTO: I know you cover a lot of these things Shep, so you're probably better at estimating crowd sizes than I am. They were expecting 5,000 here, it's got to be easily double, if not triple that.

To recap: off-air, Cavuto is recorded estimating the crowd at 5,000, perhaps slightly more. On-air, Cavuto says the crowd is "easily" double or triple that.

Fox News, they report...you decide.

Watch the video here:

Live mic catches Fox host tripling his own crowd size estimate - Daily Kos TV (beta)

The part about Losers is my favroite!

Pay for your own stuff, losers.

Don't Tread On Me!!!

[youtube]VKSb4RAp6FQ[/youtube]

Here's Fox News host Neil Cavuto talking with a producer at 12:10PM, recorded on a live mic (update: Cavuto was in Sacramento):
CAVUTO: Any estimates on how many people are here?
PRODUCER: No, we're trying to get...
CAVUTO: There's gotta' be 5,000.
PRODUCER: Oh, at least. You know, I mean the cops aren't going to tell us, and we've been trying to get ahold of the PR person to give us their number, but I think 5,000. You can say it's starting at 5,000 [unintelligble, but sounds like "and maybe it's more."].
And here's Cavuto less than ten minutes later, tripling his crowd estimate during his on-air broadcast:
CAVUTO: I know you cover a lot of these things Shep, so you're probably better at estimating crowd sizes than I am. They were expecting 5,000 here, it's got to be easily double, if not triple that.
To recap: off-air, Cavuto is recorded estimating the crowd at 5,000, perhaps slightly more. On-air, Cavuto says the crowd is "easily" double or triple that.

Fox News, they report...you decide.

Watch the video here:

Live mic catches Fox host tripling his own crowd size estimate - Daily Kos TV (beta)

Well, I just watched it and find it kind of saddening that a news source sees fit to manipulate what the viewers actually see and hear. But let's not kid ourselves that this is a right-wing / Fox only phenomenon. Here's an example of another reporter spinning stuff exactly the opposite way. This stuff isn't hard to find.

What pisses me off is that regular people who have legitimate concerns, be they Rep or Dem, are somehow being painted as having a wider political agenda that they actually do. A lot of people went to the rallies yesterday to protest government spending in general. It currently happens to be Obama in the White House so this is taken by a lot of Dems to be an attack on his policies. That's no necessarily the case. On the other hand, a lot of Reps seem to think that anyone attending the protest must therefore be a Rep. That's not necessarily true either.

Then of course people who weren't there only see what the media wants them to see and form their views accordingly, usually having swallowed the entire story without chewing.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dd2tg8gxCDU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dd2tg8gxCDU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just watched your little clip and the woman who "takes her to task" as you say just shit all over the other people at the protest and told the lady they were not main stream Americans. She told the reporter that they should not be talkin to people holding the signs.

I didn't say takes her to task (see my previous post if you don't believe me). You must have got that from the video. Please try not to put words in my mouth. As to what she said to the reporter, she indicated that she felt the reporter had been picking signs that were not representative of the mainstream opinion at the rally. i didn't see all the signs, so I have no idea if this is true or not. Nor do you, but don't let that stop you saying that you know more about everything than you do.

It just shows how stupid this whole thing was and how divided even the few people standing there were.

It suits the argument you want to make to say they were divided. I tend to think that if they all gave up their time to attend a rally then clearly it is likely that they may have a common central theme. The fact that they come from many different backgrounds may mean that they have differing wider agendas, but does not change the fact that they all share a similar opinion on government spending. Your reasoning seems to be that if they aren't all clones then they are divided. Is it really your belief that all people who can be 'grouped' together are identical? Does the phrase "I want the Government to cut wasteful spending" mean someone is clearly a Republican? Does it mean that that person is likely to be pro-life? Opposed to gay rights? Antidisestablishmentarian? Or can it mean that their position is only clear on Government spending and could differ substantially on other issues?

EPIC Failure.

The reporter was treated like shit by those people because her Mike said CNN.

they were treating her like shit the mommnet she arrived and you wonder why she didnt "talk nice" to them?

The video didn't show what happened "the moment she arrived". How the hell do you know how they treated her? And she's supposed to be reporting, not telling the attendees (and the viewers - note how she looks at the camera and not at the guy she's talking to) how much money the State of Lincoln is getting. It's astonishing that when Fox is shown to have spun something you condemn them, but when CNN exhibits bias you blame the crowd. It's not the reporter's job to disagree with them. It's his or her job to report in a fair and unbiased manner. What's not clear about that?

I refer you to my previous question: Does the phrase "I want the Government to cut wasteful spending" mean someone is clearly a Republican? That's essentially what the woman was saying. It was not a remark she aimed at one party or the other. It was aimed at all of them.

Dive my party was voted in and your party was reduced to flailing idiots.

If you think that makes you a winner than have fun with that.

Its very obvious who the failure is.
i dont think so

where did I say shutup?

Your last 2 sentences are in disagreement. Quit pretending that there is the "majority" and there is "fringe". It's an absurd and indefensible position. More people voted for Bush than Kerry. Did that make Democrats "fringe"? 59,000,000 is a pretty big fringe, whether it is the 59,000,000 that voted for Kerry or the 59,000,000 who voted for McCain.

I WISH 10,000,000 had shown up for those Tea parties, folks.

Now I know that many of us leaning left might think that the particpants were nothing but Republican tools, but still...

Our government needs to understand how pissed off we ALL are with what's going on.

Our government needs to fear the torch and pitchfork crowd and it doesn't because they know they've got that crowd divided into two camps that are more likely to fight each other than they are to go after the people RESPONSIBILE for this mess.

MOVEON Org should have been getting it's membership out there right along with the righties.

Failure to have done so was still another complete failure to GET IT of the so-called leaders of the progressive movements.

what evidence?
they claimed at 12 something he said one thing and then on his show(which starts at 4pm btw) he said something else
could it?

Are you sure? From the tape, the estimate appears to be given at 12.10, and Cavuto does his piece to camera at 12.19. If those times are correct, and unless there was a subsequent increased estimate that the tape does not show, there's no way the crowd doubled or tripled in 9 minutes. I have to call bullshit on Cavuto.

what evidence?
could it?

Are you sure? From the tape, the estimate appears to be given at 12.10, and Cavuto does his piece to camera at 12.19. If those times are correct, and unless there was a subsequent increased estimate that the tape does not show, there's no way the crowd doubled or tripled in 9 minutes. I have to call bullshit on Cavuto.
he said he wasnt good at estimating crowd sizes
LOL
TNM is making more out of it than it is, typical for her

what evidence?
could it?

LOL

Perhaps, but if he wasn't good at estimating he should have stuck with the number he was given. If I hold the left wing media to this standard I have to hold the right wing media up to the same scrutiny.

I think this was an valuable event and it's a shame the message that a lot of people are pissed about wasteful spending is getting lost in the media circus. A shame, but not a surprise.

LOL

Perhaps, but if he wasn't good at estimating he should have stuck with the number he was given. If I hold the left wing media to this standard I have to hold the right wing media up to the same scrutiny.

I think this was an valuable event and it's a shame the message that a lot of people are pissed about wasteful spending is getting lost in the media circus. A shame, but not a surprise.
he wasnt "given" a number, remember, HE said "5000" when HE was asked earlier

LOL

Oh, crap, my bad. I'll have to go back and watch it again! :lol:

Oh, crap, my bad. I'll have to go back and watch it again! :lol:
see what i mean
dumbass TNM is making a big deal out of NOTHING

Forum List

Back