Live Earth Concerts Begin Today

LIVE EARTH JOHANNESBURG OFFICIALS BLAME CLIMATE CHANGE FOR POOR TURN-OUT

Officials at Live Earth Johannesburg have blamed the effects of climate change for poor audience attendance at Saturday's (07Jul07) South African event. Organiser John Langford believes extremely cold weather in the region - it snowed last week (ends06Jul07) for the first time in a quarter of a century - kept people away from the concert, which starred Joss Stone, UB40, Angelique Kidjo and Baaba Maal. Speaking before the event, Langford said, "We're expecting 10,000 here tonight. It's a bit chilly, and we've had a strange winter... is it climate change? We had snow in Jo'burg last week for the first time in 25 years." But critics have blamed poor publicity for the weak turn-out.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...lame climate change for poor turn-out_1036572

sniff, liberals hear that australia is having winter in july and think that is global warming. sniff, everyone knows that winter is in december. sniff sniff.

sniff, liberals hear that australia is having winter in july and think that is global warming. sniff, everyone knows that winter is in december. sniff sniff.

Libs are a fun buch to watch when pesky facts get in the way of their talking points

I was responding to this - in post #46

2. Ask the many, like you, who might be watching to do a teeny tiny bit more to conserve resources and recycle.

When the enviro wackos like Al start walking the walk - then I might pay attention to what they say

Whatever. You asked a question about what they were attempting to accomplish at the concert. I answered your question. I was not trying to lecture. You suggested that I did. It is as simple as that. You could have posted your little story from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

It would have been more appropriate as a stand-alone piece and not linked to anything I said or titled with a suggestion that I was trying to lecture you.

I was not lecturing!

Whatever. You asked a question about what they were attempting to accomplish at the concert. I answered your question. I was not trying to lecture. You suggested that I did. It is as simple as that. You could have posted your little story from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

It would have been more appropriate as a stand-alone piece and not linked to anything I said or titled with a suggestion that I was trying to lecture you.

I was not lecturing!

Ok - take a chill pill

I am pointing out how the enviro wackos actually think they accomplished something when they did not

Global Warming is So Yesterday
By Thomas Lifson

My very favorite excuse for low attendance at the much-ballyhooed worldwide Live Earth global warming concerts yesterday came from Johannesburg, where concert organizer John Langford "believes extremely cold weather... kept people away from the concert." Well I suppose that if you are trying to whip up fears about global warming, cold weather does tend to dampen enthusiasm somewhat.

Of course, the global warming enthusiasts have already tried repackaging their rhetoric of doom, so Langford found himself musing, "...we've had a strange winter... is it climate change?" The brilliant stroke claiming that any weather at all is evidence that something is very wrong works on idiots, ideologues, and children too young to remember every year it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. But evidence is accumulating that most normal people are fed up with being lectured about the need to conserve energy by people who fly in private jets and own multiple mansions. Fifty-six percent of the British public, for instance, believes that global warming fears are "exaggerated."

Repackaging is quite the order of the day when products flop in the marketplace. So we have the curious spectacle of morphing press coverage. For example, an early Reuters report bluntly described the extremely poor turnout for the free Live Earth concert in Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach (on a "perfect" winter night - when tropical Rio is merely comfortably warm) as les than 100,000. Since the hype had it that over a million would come, and since Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones managed at least twice as many concert goers a year ago in the same location, it does look like an embarrassment.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/07/global_warming_is_so_yesterday.html

I watched on Bravo but not because of the cause. I'm a Duranie.

As far as the music for a cause.... I think they should stick with making music and the scientist to the science.

Global warming is real but not due to man. There's TONS of evidence of this. I can't post links just yet or I'd show you the info I've found. But, if you Google history global warming, you will find that we where this hot about 800 yrs ago. That the planet runs on cycles of that are not just yearly.

Global warming alarmist are calming man has more power than he actually does.

It seems nobody cared about the pending doom of the planet

Live Earth: Last in the Ratings
Posted by Pam Meister on July 9, 2007 - 16:22.
It seems not even Al Gore and his stable of celebrity talent could keep Live Earth at the top of the ratings this past weekend. Greg Pollowitz from The Corner has the breakdown from Nielsen Media Research:

Saturday 7/07/07
Note: The following results are based on the fast affiliate ratings (Live Plus Same Day data).

Household Rating/Share
CBS: 3.8/ 8, Fox: 3.0/ 6, ABC: 2.1/ 4, NBC: 1.8/ 4

-Total Viewers:
CBS: 5.21 million, Fox: 4.60, ABC: 3.42, NBC: 2.75

-Adults 18-49:
Fox: 1.5 rating/6 share, ABC and CBS: 1.1/ 4 each, NBC: 0.9/ 3

That's right; NBC had a total of 2.75 million viewers for their three-hour airing of the Live Earth concerts. As a small consolation, they had more viewers than this spot in Brisbane, Australia, where a large outdoor screen had been set up for the anticipated throng.

Perhaps it's just as well for NBC Universal that it donated, among eight of its stations (broadcast and cable) the 75 hours of airtime for the Live Earth extravaganza. Advertisers on NBC last Saturday night certainly wouldn't have been too pleased with the return on their investment.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13976

:lol: only because I'm a true Duranie. I also watched them, and have on the DVR, the tribute concert for Princess Di that they played in a week before.

I hope you caught this one - it was the highlight of all the concerts

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZrhG2iT3H0&watch_response[/ame]

ABC: Kick the Bottled Water, You're Killing the Planet
Posted by Julia A. Seymour on July 9, 2007 - 16:56.
Drop that Deer Park bottle because with "every sip" you are "hurting the environment."

ABC "World News Sunday" bashed bottled water, and barely included industry representation in a segment about a California restaurant that has stopped serving bottled water.

Eric Horng's July 8 report reinforced the decision of Chez Panisse to stop selling bottled water and lectured viewers about the environmental cost of making those plastic bottles.

“For us, it’s about doing the right thing,” said Michael Kossa-Rienzi, general manager of Chez Panisse, a Berkeley, Calif. restaurant.

While that sounds noble, everything in Chez Panisse, from the furnishings to the tablecloths and the menu items, required energy and natural resources to ship to the restaurant – a detail ignored by the environmentally conscious Kossa-Rienzi and ABC’s Horng. In fact, the dozens of wines offered on the menu are worse for the environment to ship than bottled water because glass bottles are heavier.

Horng included two quotes from Allen Hershkowitz of the Natural Resources Defense Council -- a radical left-wing environmental group that holds an interesting stance on water.

The NRDC spokesman supported the anti-bottled water decision, but according to its Web site the organization also has a problem with tap water.

“Scientists estimate that each year up to 7 million Americans become sick from contaminated tap water, which can also be lethal. Pollution, old pipes and outdated treatment threaten tap water quality.”

Water, water everywhere but not a drop we're supposed to drink.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13979

and the MSM showed no bias at all in its coverage

Al Gore Thanks NBC For Its 'Live Earth' Coverage
Posted by Geoffrey Dickens on July 9, 2007 - 16:14.
Appearing with Today co-host Ann Curry during NBC’s exhaustive coverage of his Live Earth concert, Gore gave a shout out to the network for its donation to his global warming cause, as Gore told Curry: "Thanks for what NBC has been doing." Curry, as expected, didn’t exactly deliver a hard-hitting interview and even pressed Gore about running for president.

Curry to Gore: "A lot of people want me to ask you tonight if you're running for President. And I know what you're answer is gonna be, believe me. I gotta ask you though. After fueling this grass roots movement if you become convinced that without you there will not be the political will in the White House to fight global warming to the level that is required, because the clock is ticking. Would you answer the call? Would you answer the call, yes or no?"
http://newsbusters.org/node/13975

You're not a climate scientist. I'm not a climate scientist. So your opinion and my opinion on the topic doesn't carry much weight. I wouldn't put much weight into your or my opinion about neurosurgery for the same reason.

Every single scientific body and organization on the entire planet (with expertise in climate science) has already agreed that the evidence of overwhelming that humans are impact climate change. QUOTE]

Thank Goodness.......you are not at Scientist........

We should of been toast.......yrs ago.....from Global Cooling....

sheeesh......I just now prayed us out of Global Cooling......:eusa_pray:

Now, I'm gonna have to pray us out of......Global warming...:eusa_pray:

Will my work never be done....:badgrin:

Later today, the liberal media will "report" how the current heat wave is a result of global warming and Bush's enviromental policies

This one had me rolling...

http://www.environmentaldefense.org/page.cfm?tagID=1011

Global Warming Myths and Facts

MYTH: The science of global warming is too uncertain to act on.

FACT: There is no debate among scientists about the basic facts of global warming.

The most respected scientific bodies have stated unequivocally that global warming is occurring, and people are causing it by burning fossil fuels (like coal, oil and natural gas) and cutting down forests. The U.S. National Academy of Sciences, which in 2005 the White House called "the gold standard of objective scientific assessment," issued a joint statement with 10 other National Academies of Science saying "the scientific understanding of climate change is now sufficiently clear to justify nations taking prompt action. It is vital that all nations identify cost-effective steps that they can take now, to contribute to substantial and long-term reduction in net global greenhouse gas emissions." (Joint Statement of Science Academies: Global Response to Climate Change [PDF], 2005)

The only debate in the science community about global warming is about how much and how fast warming will continue as a result of heat-trapping emissions. Scientists have given a clear warning about global warming, and we have more than enough facts — about causes and fixes — to implement solutions right now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you search you will find LOTS and LOTS of scientist that disagree with it.

Talk about not wanting to discuss anything. They want to dominate with an unquestioned authority.

Buenos Aires Snow First in 89 Years, Will Media Care?
Posted by Noel Sheppard on July 10, 2007 - 11:41.
As the American northeast swelters in the summer heat, it seems a metaphysical certitude that press representatives will use the occasion to increase hysteria over manmade global warming.

Yet, these media minions will completely ignore extreme cold conditions and record snowstorms occurring at the same time in the southern hemisphere.

For instance, last week’s freak snows in South Africa went totally ignored, as likely will the first appearance of the white fluffy stuff in parts of South America since Woodrow Wilson was president.

As reported by BBC.com Tuesday:

Argentina's capital, Buenos Aires, has seen snow for the first time in 89 years, as a cold snap continues to grip several South American nations.

Temperatures plunged to -22C (-8F) in parts of Argentina's province of Rio Negro, while snow fell on Buenos Aires for several hours on Monday.

Two deaths from exposure were reported in Argentina and one in Chile.

In Bolivia, heavy snowfall blocked the nation's main motorway and forced the closure of several airports.

In Argentina, several provinces in the Andes have been placed under a storm alert, according to the national weather centre.

This all comes after a very cold May in this part of the world as well:

Bitterly cold weather in May caused some 20 deaths and forced the Argentine authorities to ration supplies as the country's energy system came under strain.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13993

Forum List

Back