Live Coverage- The Iraqi Election

Dumb question time. This election is only to select who will actually write the new Iraqi Constitution or Charter right? There is to be another election to approve it. And yet another to bring in a parliment along with a head of state right...........

Got some libs that seem to think there is still time for all this to fail.......

pegwinn said:
Dumb question time. This election is only to select who will actually write the new Iraqi Constitution or Charter right? There is to be another election to approve it. And yet another to bring in a parliment along with a head of state right...........

Got some libs that seem to think there is still time for all this to fail.......

and after all that goes well they will bitch about something else....lame ass libs

manu1959 said:
what is your point sad little man? can't even be happy for one day can you...something is always wrong in your life and it is always someone elses fault....

Insults, a common symptom of a poster who's shit out of facts! You couldn't prove your point, so now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

A few questions I would like to ask you

1. When will our troops come home?

2. Can we really rely on this "new" government?

3. Will this government stand up against the insurgents?

4. Will the Iraqis truly respect these election results?

5. Were the elections actually legitimate?

6. If the government were be considered legitimate, will their actions help or hurt their people?

7. Will Iran, N. Korea and Syria take advantage of this "distraction" to develop the REAL weapons of mass destruction? Is it now too late to stop them?

8. How many of these Iraqi elected officials will actually survive to make a difference?

9. Could these "positive" results give us the "political capital" to invade other countries for years to come?

10. Finally...Who will we liberate next, in our role as the "World's Police"?

It's too early to celebrate anything that is going on in Iraq. No, I won't be happy because my kids are approaching recruiting age. My family has multiple generations of war veterans; our family believes in one important value...

NEVER FIGHT IN A WAR UNLESS YOU BELIEVE IN ITS CAUSE!!!

I want some imformation before I give my children the "green light" to go out and fight for any cause. I can live knowing that my child had died for what he/she'd believed in; I cannot, however, afford to lose a child over bullshit.

hylandrdet said:
Insults, a common symptom of a poster who's shit out of facts! You couldn't prove your point, so now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

1. When will our troops come home?

2. Can we really rely on this "new" government?

3. Will this government stand up against the insurgents?

4. Will the Iraqis truly respect these election results?

5. Were the elections actually legitimate?

6. If the government were be considered legitimate, will their actions help or hurt their people?

7. Will Iran, N. Korea and Syria take advantage of this "distraction" to develop the REAL weapons of mass destruction? Is it now too late to stop them?

8. How many of these Iraqi elected officials will actually survive to make a difference?

9. Could these "positive" results give us the "political capital" to invade other countries for years to come?

10. Finally...Who will we liberate next, in our role as the "World's Police"?

It's too early to celebrate anything that is going on in Iraq. No, I won't be happy because my kids are approaching recruiting age. My family has multiple generations of war veterans; our family believes in one important value...

I want some imformation before I give my children the "green light" to go out and fight for any cause. I can live knowing that my child had died for what he/she'd believed in; I cannot, however, afford to lose a child over bullshit.

If you plan on waiting to see the future before you take any action you had better grab a chair. You will be totally inert for the rest of your life.

Well, my "24" actually went farther than expected and it's time for me to rest.

I thank all of you that had contributed to this thread; to those who'd posted things to disrupt this thread; you'd given us a slight idea as to how long this effort will take in Iraq.

This was an experiment; a similation of how the iraqi elections will be interpreted, at a much smaller scale.

A thread designed to encourage free opinions. There were posters determined to disrupt it, and there were people willing to stand up and voice their opinions without fear!

My work is done; time to hit the sack :sleep:

Good Night!

hylandrdet said:

1. When will our troops come home? When the country can defend itself and the rightfully elected government asks us to leave.

2. Can we really rely on this "new" government? Only time will tell, but considering who made this possible, I think so

3. Will this government stand up against the insurgents? They'll have to if they want to survive.

4. Will the Iraqis truly respect these election results? I think the smiling faces of the voters speak for themselves, and with 72% turnout, there's not much to dispute.

5. Were the elections actually legitimate? More legitimate than ours, I'm sure.

6. If the government were be considered legitimate, will their actions help or hurt their people? Help. No democratically elected government can survive if it hurts its own people.

7. Will Iran, N. Korea and Syria take advantage of this "distraction" to develop the REAL weapons of mass destruction? Is it now too late to stop them? Actually, I think the more likely scenario is that they will abandon their plans since they know that we WILL go after them.

8. How many of these Iraqi elected officials will actually survive to make a difference? Good question. Hopefully, our boys and the newly trained Iraqi defense forces can protect them.

9. Could these "positive" results give us the "political capital" to invade other countries for years to come? It'll definitely give us more leeway, but too many wars tire the country. We'll have to stop eventually, more likely sooner than later.

10. Finally...Who will we liberate next, in our role as the "World's Police"? If I had to guess, I'd say Darfur, but I could be wrong

What we're doing in Iraq is a very good thing. I haven't talked to a single returning soldier who believes otherwise, even those who have lost friends, limbs, etc.

pegwinn said:

Indeed, there is still plenty of time for the whole thing to go tits up.

Hobbit said:
What we're doing in Iraq is a very good thing. I haven't talked to a single returning soldier who believes otherwise, even those who have lost friends, limbs, etc.

But as you, and so many others seem to forget, we never went into Iraq to establish democracy. That rationale only materialized after the purported weapons of mass destruction did not.

Bullypulpit said:
But as you, and so many others seem to forget, we never went into Iraq to establish democracy. That rationale only materialized after the purported weapons of mass destruction did not.

Bully, thats exactly what we went into Iraq about. you may want to pretend that we didnt but it was the main reason. We went in to depose a tyrant and establish a free nation. the WMD argument just increased the need to. But the US has a policy of Regime change in Iraq since 98.

Bully, thats exactly what we went into Iraq about. you may want to pretend that we didnt but it was the main reason. We went in to depose a tyrant and establish a free nation. the WMD argument just increased the need to. But the US has a policy of Regime change in Iraq since 98.

Yes, and here is a press release from the President that signed that legislation into law thus making regime change an official US Policy.

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/libera.htm

And a nice story about the bill itself.

http://usembassy.state.gov/islamabad/wwwh02092004.html

And the Act itself.

http://www.fcnl.org/issues/int/sup/iraq_liberation.htm

A nice quote from the act:

It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime.

no1tovote4 said:
Yes, and here is the bill that was signed into law making it official US Policy.

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/libera.htm

Bully is just feeling bad so he is trying to blame Bush for something. Bully knows if he had gotten his way the Iraqis would still be tortured and killed under Saddam and his sons. But thankfully the President won that fight.

Forum List

Back